Cortisol Saliva Test Timing With Injections

Buy Lab Tests Online

jasinc81

I purchased a cortisol saliva test as I suspect my cortisol is high at night (waking at 3am). I am a defy patient currently injecting hCG and Test every 3.5 days. I am scheduled to take my test and hCG tomorrow (Monday) morning, and my first saliva test is supposed to be upon waking. Should my cortisol test day be in between my cycle? Or will the 2-4 saliva tests tomorrow not be affected by my injections after my first saliva test? Just curious what others have experienced.

thanks!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
At 2x per week, your testosterone should be pretty balanced, and your adrenal circadian profile should be pretty consistent. If you have the kit, I would just run it tomorrow, or whatever day this week permitting you can provide the saliva samples at the scheduled times that are required?

Is this a ZRT or Canary Club panel? Also, hopefully your labs include a DHEA saliva lab? I don't know about others, but I'm into the DHEA correlation analysis side of it, and understanding how the overall adrenal picture looks when measuring adrenal efficacy.

jasinc81

At 2x per week, your testosterone should be pretty balanced, and your adrenal circadian profile should be pretty consistent. If you have the kit, I would just run it tomorrow, or whatever day this week permitting you can provide the saliva samples at the scheduled times that are required?

Is this a ZRT or Canary Club panel? Also, hopefully your labs include a DHEA saliva lab? I don't know about others, but I'm into the DHEA correlation analysis side of it, and understanding how the overall adrenal picture looks when measuring adrenal efficacy.

Ok, I’ll run it tomorrow. Yes, it’s a ZRT 4X cortisol test. I didn’t include DHEA this time because I had it tested in my last set of labs and my next set of blood work is coming up.

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
OK, good, run them and let us know the results. I've used ZRT in the past, they're solid!

Sometimes, when there is a higher demand on cortisol, it can tend to create other imbalances, one being DHEA (this gets a bit into other areas like pregnenolone, but that's another discussion) ... As your circadian profile report will show, once complete, the BULK of cortisol is produced in the AM, substantially higher than any of the PM reference ranges.

Long and short, at one point, I was having some adrenal concerns. My AM was lower than where it should be, the PM was a bit over the limit, and like you my sleep was being affected. I was able to get a lot of that on the right track by supplementing my DHEA (25mg micronized) at night. Some other changes of course with diet, caffeine intake, etc., were implemented, but I'm telling you, my sleep improved immensely!!

jasinc81

OK, good, run them and let us know the results. I've used ZRT in the past, they're solid!

Sometimes, when there is a higher demand on cortisol, it can tend to create other imbalances, one being DHEA (this gets a bit into other areas like pregnenolone, but that's another discussion) ... As your circadian profile report will show, once complete, the BULK of cortisol is produced in the AM, substantially higher than any of the PM reference ranges.

Long and short, at one point, I was having some adrenal concerns. My AM was lower than where it should be, the PM was a bit over the limit, and like you my sleep was being affected. I was able to get a lot of that on the right track by supplementing my DHEA (25mg micronized) at night. Some other changes of course with diet, caffeine intake, etc., were implemented, but I'm telling you, my sleep improved immensely!!

Yeah, I did a test last May and my Cortisol numbers were high in the AM and evenings and my DHEA was very low. This was before I started any TRT or DHEA supplementation. I have since been taking 50mg of DHEA, but it's 25mg split between the morning and afternoon. I may try it at night to see if that helps. Since taking it, my last blood test had better numbers which are also below.

ZRT Saliva test: 5/31/17
Cortisol 11.0 [3.7-9.5 ng/mL] (morning)
Cortisol 2.6 [1.2-3.0 ng/mL] (noon)
Cortisol 1.8 [0.6-1.9 ng/mL] (evening)
Cortisol 1.4 [0.4-1.0 ng/mL] (night)
DHEAS 7.6 [2-23 ng/mL] (Age Dependent)

Blood work on 9/30/17:
DHEA-Sulfate 221.8 ug/dL [102.6-416.3]

I also have a bottle of [FONT=&quot]phosphatidylserine (Interplexus Seriphos brand) that I might try before bed as well. I was also on an adrenal reset where I went off caffeine/stimulants for 3 months and was taking adrenal support supplements, but I didn't notice any better sleep. Also, my waist size has grown even with an adequate diet/exercise so I'm suspecting my cortisol is too high when it shouldn't be. Thanks again for the advice! I will definitely keep everyone posted. I plan on buying another test kit and testing in 2-3 months after I make some changes.[/FONT]

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me