SAM-E: Safe to take if on Zoloft?

Buy Lab Tests Online

NEO

Hi guys,

I'm new here and will make my intro post soon. For now I need a quick answer. I recently did a phone consult with Nelson (helpful) and he suggested take SAM-E (among other things) to help get past my depression. Is it okay to take this if I'm on Zoloft (100 mg daily)?

I've worked my way up to 400 mg/twice a day of SAM-E. Been on it for 10 days or so....but don't feel any difference.

Thanks,
NEO

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
SAMe Improves Fatigue, Depression, and Protects the Liver

Routinely prescribed in Europe for nearly 30 y, SAMe has gained popularity in the United States since its release as an over-the-counter dietary supplement in 1998–1999. Given its range of activity, SAMe has been proposed as a potential treatment for many medical conditions, particularly major depression (10). Marketed as an agent for improving mood and emotional well-being, SAMe has been featured in the national media and the popular press and has steadily attracted the attention of patients and clinicians.

SAMe is synthesized from the amino acid L-methionine through a metabolic pathway called the one-carbon cycle, which relies, in part, on adequate concentrations of the vitamins folate and B-12 (Figure 1⇑) (10, 11). Deficiencies of both of these vitamins have also been linked to depression. For example, between 10% and 30% of depressed patients may have low folate concentrations, and these patients appear to respond less well to antidepressants (12). Vitamin B-12 is converted to methylcobalamin, which is also involved in the synthesis of the various central nervous system neurotransmitters. Vitamin B-12 deficiency may result in an earlier age of onset of depression (13). The common mediator of this effect may be reduced SAMe. Correction of folate and vitamin B-12 deficiencies may alleviate depressive symptoms and augment the response to antidepressant therapy, perhaps because of the resultant increase in SAMe concentrations.

Source: http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/76/5/1158S.full

Buy SAMe: http://www.amazon.com/Jarrow-Formul...TF8&qid=1395429120&sr=8-4&keywords=same+400mg

Attachments

• same.jpg
    same.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 1,453
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel