I'm do for bloods but have the flu...How long should I wait?

Buy Lab Tests Online
My 6 week TRT followup blood test is do and I want to do a complete thyroid panel as well however my fever just broke last night and I feel like shit. I've been sick for 3 days.
I'm on a prescription called tamaflu and taking OTC med Nyquil at night to sleep. Albuterol inhaler to breath and I even had to take 1mg lorazepam for anxiety trigger from not being able to breath.

These blood tests are expensive ($477) and I don't want to skew any of the numbers from being sick or taking these extra drugs.
How long would you wait?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Sounds like you're really sick. This is a really bad year for people to get sick, I would wait until you got well and then have labs two weeks after that. It shouldn't make much different on your testosterone panel, I'm no doctor but it may affect your other labs. So just giving my opinion if it was me I would wait.

HealthMan

I got some blood work done 2 days after starting to get better from the flu. My fasted blood glucose levels and creatinine were elevated (my fasted blood is usually in the low 80s and it came back mid/high 100s). I have read that these increase when you are sick. Some numbers in the CBC will be affected as well. Not sure about hormone levels. But i learned a lesson. No blood work for me when sick ever again. I will have to get blood work done again. I am no doctor but i would wait at least a full week after you are feeling 100% again. 2 week like Vince said is probably safer

Last edited:
So I called Defy in reguards to both blood tests (Thyroid panel and TRT followup) the recommendation was 7-10 day after your fever breaks.
I'm scheduled for blood draw Jan 16th 7AM.

On a side note man I have not recovered well from this flu as reguards to my TRT. I feel like I have been set back months in my recovery. I have no motivation or energy.
My ED and loss of libido have come back very strong.
Anyone else out there with TRT and the flu experiences? I could sure use some encouragement. I feel awful.

CoastWatcher

So I called Defy in reguards to both blood tests (Thyroid panel and TRT followup) the recommendation was 7-10 day after your fever breaks.

On a side note man I have not recovered well from this flu as reguards to my TRT. I feel like I have been set back months in my recovery. I have no motivation or energy.
Anyone else out there with TRT and the flu experiences? I could sure use some encouragement. I feel awful.

I haven't had a genuine case of influenza in years, but have dealt with pneumonia three times in the last six. I was out of sync in regard to my androgen response for at least five days following the last antibiotic. Dead in the water...no libido, no genital response...nothing. Within a week of recovery things were getting back on track.

HealthMan

I got the flu last year (first time in years). On TRT or not you will feel like s.... and it can take a few weeks to fully recover. I felt really bad for 1.5-2 weeks and was totally recovered after that.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me