Normal Test with High FSH, LH and SHBG

Buy Lab Tests Online

dirtyharry

Hello Friends!

I wanted to get some help with my recent bloods. My recent test (see below) shows high SHBG, FSH and LH levels, but normal T and I'm assuming fairly normal Free T?

I had two SA's done in the past and both showed semen volume of 1-1.1ml with a count of 20 mil. The latest test had improved morphology from 1% to 3.5%. The low acceptable level is 4% for morphology. I've been able to drastically increase volume by edging. I get nearly 3 times the volume if I edge for a few hours before I ejaculate.

I would like to lower my SHBG levels and bring the LH and FSH levels to normal. I have not come across a lot of people with high, SHBG, FSH and LH. I have an appointment with an endo, but wanted to gain some knowledge before I meet.

My diet is on point. I'm in NZ for work and have only been eating only grass fed/organic meats. Lots of greens and thrown in a sweet potatoe and brown rice once in a while. No processed foods and no soft drinks.

No illness (unless low sperm is an illness).

I am not on any OTC drugs. Only taking a test booster along with daily vitamins. I upped the amount of Vitamin D as I have heard it helps lower SHBG. I'm at 5500-6500k IUI of Vitamin D per day. Also take quite a few fish oil.

Testosterone 741 ng/dl Ref = (251-836)
SHBG = 73nmol/L Ref = (13-71)
Free Testosterone = 25.5 ng/dl Ref = (15.3-48.0)
FSH = 14.9 IU/L Ref = (2.0-12.0)
LH = 13.8 IU/L Ref = (2.0-9.0)

Progesterone = 1.0 nmol/L (no ranges given)
Estradiol = 151 pmol/L Ref = (< 161)
Prolactin = 183 mIU/L Ref = (<240) (wife and I went to town the night before so this might be elevated)

Cholesterol mmol/L = 5.4 Ref = (<5.0) I’ve been on a fairly high fat diet eating avacados, nuts and coconut oil.

HDL Cholesterol mmol/L = 1.42 Ref = (>1.0)
LDL Cholesterol mmol/L = 3.8 Ref = (<3.4)

Homocysteine = 10.2umol/L Ref = (5.0-15.0)
Fasting Insulin = 5.5 mU/L Ref = (5.0-13.0)

Vitamin D = 64 nmol/L Ref = (50-150). This was after spending over 12 hours outside over the weekend and taking 3000IUI of Vitamin D for the last week. Before this I was on 1200IUI of D3 via supps.
Free T4 = 4.63 pg/mL Ref = (2.72 - 5.45)

TSH = 1.7 miu/L Ref = (0.30-4.00)
Free T3 = 1.3 pg/mL Ref = (0.8-1.77)

WBC count = 3.6 Ref = (4.0-11.0)

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Welcome to Excelmale. You sought androgen testing because of fertility concerns? No other issues typically associated with testosterone deficiency? Was liver function assessed?

Last edited:

dirtyharry

I appreciate the quick response. Liver function was not tested. I think I completely left that out when getting tested, but I can easily walk down to my clinic to check LFT and DHEA . Is there anything else I should test?

Have not considered androgen testing. To be honest my urologist is completely clueless and just offered me to get acupuncture or cupping treatments to see how things go.

I do hold a lot of fat in the stomach/love handle are which has been very troublesome to get rid of. I've been working out and eating well for the last 4 months and hope to lose more weight, but I'm at 180lbs and 6 feet tall with roughly 20% body fat which is pretty pathetic.

CoastWatcher

I appreciate the quick response. Liver function was not tested. I think I completely left that out when getting tested, but I can easily walk down to my clinic to check LFT and DHEA . Is there anything else I should test?

Have not considered androgen testing. To be honest my urologist is completely clueless and just offered me to get acupuncture or cupping treatments to see how things go.

This was just a survey of the landscape? No issues regarding libido, fatigue, erectile challenges, fertility concerns? If that's the case, I'd relax given what you posted. In terms of SHBG, it seeks its own level and meaningful manipulation is almost always unsuccessful. Believe me, countless members here wish their SHBG was higher/lower in order to maximize TRT success.

dirtyharry

This was just a survey of the landscape? No issues regarding libido, fatigue, erectile challenges, fertility concerns? If that's the case, I'd relax given what you posted. In terms of SHBG, it seeks its own level and meaningful manipulation is almost always unsuccessful. Believe me, countless members here wish their SHBG was higher/lower in order to maximize TRT success.

No issues with libido. Morning wood has been sporadic as of late, but I would say 3-4 days a week. Zero issues with erectile challenges, but we have had issues with fertility due to low sperm count / volume. Not extremely low, but roughly 20.5 mill and only 1ml-1.2 ml of volume. I noticed edging before ejaculating increases volume by more than 100%, but not sure if the sperm are dead a this point. Was diagnosed with asthenoteratozoospermia which is reduced motility. Overall motility was 34% (ref is 40%). Progressive motility was 28% (ref is 32%).

JPB

So when LH and FSH are high, and T is high, E is fairly high, SHBG high, etc. - could something be disrupting the feedback mechanisms. I would consider consulting a doctor regarding issues related to the hypothalamus and pituitary. While it is nice to have high T, if it is a tumor affecting LH and FSH output, it would be good to know.

dirtyharry

So when LH and FSH are high, and T is high, E is fairly high, SHBG high, etc. - could something be disrupting the feedback mechanisms. I would consider consulting a doctor regarding issues related to the hypothalamus and pituitary. While it is nice to have high T, if it is a tumor affecting LH and FSH output, it would be good to know.

I hear ya! I have a consultation with a doc next week and look forward to hearing her thoughts.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me