Dr starting me out on 100mgs a month

Buy Lab Tests Online

DanH1983

I have just been prescribed testosterone to treat my low t, I’m seeing a nurse practitioner who has been open minded so far and willing to listen to me but she wants to start out with one injection per month of 100mgs, based on what I have read about trt it’s better to inject at least weekly or 2x a week, I tried explain this to her and she agreed to start off at 100mgs a week the first three weeks then go to 100mgs a month and have bloodwork done in March a week post injection

My question is what exactly can I say to her to help her understand the need for more frequent injections? If the info is here on the site somewhere I will read it, or should I just go with her protocol for now to let it fail and then talk to her again about more frequent injections?

I can tell she doesn’t fully understand trt but she’s willing to work with me so I’d like to stick with her and try to better explain things to her

Just looking for advice from some trt experts

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
In all honesty I really think you need to find a better TRT doctor. If she really believes you only need 100 mg of testosterone a month that's telling me she's knows nothing about trt. Before you start you better do your research and find a real doctor or nurse practitioner who understands testosterone protocols.

Blackhawk

Whoa. Unless that is some mighty special ester, that is so laughable it is not funny.

Starting dosage is typically 100-150mg/WEEK of T cypionate

lexer

Vince, as usual, is giving some great advice. 100 mgs per month is ridiculous and that tells me as well, that she does not know what she is doing. Does she also prescribe one advil for a gun shot wound?
If you only do 100 mgs per month, i guarantee, by day 10, your T levels will be lower than where they currently are.

The more scientific angle that she *should have more grasp on is the half-life of the cypionate ester, which is only ~6 days and that's even more dependent on what your SHBG is. The treatment youre being offered is wholly inadequate.

CSI007

As the others have said. BAD idea.

100mg will shut your natural production down and after your shot each month you will crash hard in 2 weeks or less.

Systemlord

Your doctor is using poor judgement and agreeing to prescribe you TRT when her knowledge is seriously lacking is malpractice, what a competent doctors does is refer you to a doctor that has the training and skill to balance your hormones. The moment you come down with symptoms what do you think her next move is? I can tell you she doesn't even know and that should scare you. She's in over her head and she knows it but fails to use good judgement.

100mg a month will leave you will zero testosterone by the third week, not low T but no T! If you're alright with that then by all means proceed.

DanH1983

That’s exactly what I’m afraid of, the last 3 weeks just dropping down to no testosterone in me at all and feeling like crap again and for all I know 100 a week may not even be enough

Do you guys think it would be worth my time to try and talk with her about the importance of more frequent injections?

Also I have not started yet because my insurance needs an authorization first, I just have a feeling I’m going to need to call them after the first week of monthly injections and complain about how I’m feeling

Vince

Super Moderator
That's exactly what I'm afraid of, the last 3 weeks just dropping down to no testosterone in me at all and feeling like crap again and for all I know 100 a week may not even be enough

Do you guys think it would be worth my time to try and talk with her about the importance of more frequent injections?

Also I have not started yet because my insurance needs an authorization first, I just have a feeling I'm going to need to call them after the first week of monthly injections and complain about how I'm feeling

She has no idea how to treat a patient with testosterone. You have to find a new doctor, don't even bother going back for treatment. You can get the insurance taken care of but that would be it for me.

CoastWatcher

That's exactly what I'm afraid of, the last 3 weeks just dropping down to no testosterone in me at all and feeling like crap again and for all I know 100 a week may not even be enough

Also I have not started yet because my insurance needs an authorization first, I just have a feeling I'm going to need to call them after the first week of monthly injections and complain about how I'm feeling

Find another doctor and - unless it's financially impossible to invest in your health - accept the fact that you will be paying for your TRT. There are certainly good doctors who participate in various insurance networks, but they are few and far between. You shouldn't be educating your doctor about androgen replacement and relying on an insurance company to "permit" you to obtain adequate care is also absurd.

I have just been prescribed testosterone to treat my low t, I'm seeing a nurse practitioner who has been open minded so far and willing to listen to me but she wants to start out with one injection per month of 100mgs, based on what I have read about trt it's better to inject at least weekly or 2x a week, I tried explain this to her and she agreed to start off at 100mgs a week the first three weeks then go to 100mgs a month and have bloodwork done in March a week post injection

My question is what exactly can I say to her to help her understand the need for more frequent injections? If the info is here on the site somewhere I will read it, or should I just go with her protocol for now to let it fail and then talk to her again about more frequent injections?

I can tell she doesn't fully understand trt but she's willing to work with me so I'd like to stick with her and try to better explain things to her

what you do is you go to discountedlabs.com and order 3 tests for total+free test. Get tested every week prior to the last injection for that week and bring your results to her to show her that you will be needing 100mg/week or more...

The objective is to show her that your levels will stabilize at some min-max range between injections. Thus, without the 100mg/week then your levels will tank.

DanH1983

Find another doctor and - unless it's financially impossible to invest in your health - accept the fact that you will be paying for your TRT. There are certainly good doctors who participate in various insurance networks, but they are few and far between. You shouldn't be educating your doctor about androgen replacement and relying on an insurance company to "permit" you to obtain adequate care is also absurd.

Well that’s my other problem, I would just use a place like defy but my wife who has worked in the medical field and has been brainwashed into thinking steroids are evil doesn’t like the idea of me going through a clinic, she’s very misinformed as well, if it comes down to it I will just use a clinic but I was trying to see if my regular dr could treat it first

Matt Leiser

Well that’s my other problem, I would just use a place like defy but my wife who has worked in the medical field and has been brainwashed into thinking steroids are evil doesn’t like the idea of me going through a clinic, she’s very misinformed as well, if it comes down to it I will just use a clinic but I was trying to see if my regular dr could treat it first

dont walk away from this dr. Run and don’t look back.

My wife also does not like the idea of me being on test replacement as all she knows comes from what she has seen on the news or in the media, but I do what is best for me despite her opinions.

Will Brink

I have just been prescribed testosterone to treat my low t, I'm seeing a nurse practitioner who has been open minded so far and willing to listen to me but she wants to start out with one injection per month of 100mgs, based on what I have read about trt it's better to inject at least weekly or 2x a week, I tried explain this to her and she agreed to start off at 100mgs a week the first three weeks then go to 100mgs a month and have bloodwork done in March a week post injection

I can tell she doesn't fully understand trt but she's willing to work with me so I'd like to stick with her and try to better explain things to her

Wow, that's gotta take the prize for the worst approach I have seen in a long time. Not only will that schedule/dose be worthless, it may even be counter productive in that you'll get a spike the first week, and be suppressed potentially fort the next 3, sort of the worst of all possible worlds with TRT. If she's open minded as you say, supply her with information showing at minimum a weekly shot required and that would be 100mg per week as typical starting dose and adjusted per blood work. There's no scientific reason at all to go to once monthly unless using some ester that can keep T levels elevated that long, and the common esters used in the US will not do that. If she refuses to follow what every competent TRT/HRT practitioner is following, then you'll need to find a new person to work with. I'd take no TRT over 100mg per month.

DanH1983

Wow, that's gotta take the prize for the worst approach I have seen in a long time. Not only will that schedule/dose be worthless, it may even be counter productive in that you'll get a spike the first week, and be suppressed potentially fort the next 3, sort of the worst of all possible worlds with TRT. If she's open minded as you say, supply her with information showing at minimum a weekly shot required and that would be 100mg per week as typical starting dose and adjusted per blood work. There's no scientific reason at all to go to once monthly unless using some ester that can keep T levels elevated that long, and the common esters used in the US will not do that. If she refuses to follow what every competent TRT/HRT practitioner is following, then you'll need to find a new person to work with. I'd take no TRT over 100mg per month.

That’s my plan for now, I still have a lot to read on this site as far as trt goes but one thing I have learned is that stable blood levels are important, and I asked it’s testosterone cypionate so no super long ester, so if I can get her to follow a more reasonable approach would I be worth sticking with her? I know some are quick to say find another dr but they are hard to find and this one is a huge step in a positive direction compared to my last Dr

DanH1983

https://www.excelmale.com/forum/sho...-Testosterone-Injections-Every-Two-Weeks-Fail

This study proves that injections every two weeks fail. It doesn't consider the question of monthly injections because, I imagine, such a protocol was incomprehensible to the doctors conducting this research. If this doesn't change her mind...

Thank you for that, and thank you everyone else for replying, like I said I’ll go to a clinic if it comes down to that I just wanted to hear what you guys had to say

CoastWatcher

Thank you for that, and thank you everyone else for replying, like I said I'll go to a clinic if it comes down to that I just wanted to hear what you guys had to say

No one here is being critical of you. Almost all of us encountered ignorant doctors when we initially looked for help. If the tone of some of our responses seems edgy, it's because you're yet another fellow who in good faith asked for help. You were given a prescription for misery.

Will Brink

Thank you for that, and thank you everyone else for replying, like I said I'll go to a clinic if it comes down to that I just wanted to hear what you guys had to say

Be aware, all of us had dealt with doctors ranging from well meaning but clueless (sounds like your situation so there's hope yet...) to totally incompetent and dangerous idiots. Well meaning competent experienced docs are quite rare, hence why we are all here attempting to help where/when we can, though I'm probably less helpful than most.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me