Foods That Impact Hematocrit Levels

Buy Lab Tests Online

Diesel7213

In regards to keeping Hematocrit levels under control, does it help to avoid foods like spinach that can increase blood clotting? I want to make sure I avoid any foods that can contribute to that and take any supplements (like fish oil) that can help. Thank you!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Fish oil will not help keep HCT down, where did you hear this? Nothing you can eat or take will keep HCT down, if there were then no one would be donating blood or doing phlebotomies. The best way to keep HCT down is to not get on TRT.

Hoosier52

Grapefruit Seed Extract and Metaformin worked for me. First time my hematocrit did not go up. Others have also used it successfuly. Search for it here.

Diesel7213

Fish oil will not help keep HCT down, where did you hear this? Nothing you can eat or take will keep HCT down, if there were then no one would be donating blood or doing phlebotomies. The best way to keep HCT down is to not get on TRT.

I guess I might be confused then, but Dr. Saya discusses it in this video:

Vince

Super Moderator
Some doctors recommend the use of a baby aspirin (81 mg) a day and 2,000 to 4,000 mg a day of omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil capsules) to help lower blood viscosity and prevent heart attacks. These can be an important part of most people's health regimen but they are not alternatives for therapeutic phlebotomy if the patient has polycythemia and does not want to stop testosterone therapy. It is concerning that many people assume that they are completely free of stroke/heart attack risks by taking aspirin and omega-3 supplements when they have a high hematocrit.

Although some people may have more headaches induced by high blood pressure or get extremely red when they exercise, most do not feel any different when they have polycythemia. This does not make it any less dangerous.
https://www.excelmale.com/showthread...cement-Therapy

MikeXL

Doctor Saya discusses HCT and Fish Oil in this video however he never says that FO will keep HCT down. He is suggesting FO as a may to mitigate the negative effects of elevated HCT

Diesel7213

Some doctors recommend the use of a baby aspirin (81 mg) a day and 2,000 to 4,000 mg a day of omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil capsules) to help lower blood viscosity and prevent heart attacks. These can be an important part of most people's health regimen but they are not alternatives for therapeutic phlebotomy if the patient has polycythemia and does not want to stop testosterone therapy. It is concerning that many people assume that they are completely free of stroke/heart attack risks by taking aspirin and omega-3 supplements when they have a high hematocrit.

Although some people may have more headaches induced by high blood pressure or get extremely red when they exercise, most do not feel any different when they have polycythemia. This does not make it any less dangerous.
https://www.excelmale.com/showthread...cement-Therapy

Thank you for that info, it makes a lot of sense!

Doctor Saya discusses HCT and Fish Oil in this video however he never says that FO will keep HCT down. He is suggesting FO as a may to mitigate the negative effects of elevated HCT

Very good points, thank you for the clarification!

Right, and to expand on it its a little bit of keeping RBCs and such more slippery and less clumping that can occur as HCT climbs.

Thank you very much for the clarification Dr. Saya! Would you also recommend a daily baby aspirin for that same purpose?

Though it seems simple, that is actually a more complex question as NSAIDS carry some longterm risk. Generally if there aren't other cardiac risk factors present and platelet levels (which are what aspirin acts upon in the context of "blood thinning") are mid to low normal, then aspirin often isn't indicated.

Diesel7213

Though it seems simple, that is actually a more complex question as NSAIDS carry some longterm risk. Generally if there aren't other cardiac risk factors present and platelet levels (which are what aspirin acts upon in the context of "blood thinning") are mid to low normal, then aspirin often isn't indicated.

Thank you for that clarification, that makes a lot of sense.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me