Low testosterone, high LH and FSH

Buy Lab Tests Online

isidor

Hello,

Two months ago I was using SARMS for 2 weeks and then I started feeling like my libido was down, also I was not having erections at all. I immediately stopped with those and started using some testosterone boosters that worked well for a month, and then they suddenly stopped working. I was not getting erections, and started feeling anxious daily.

I went to my doctor. This are the results that I got:

LH: 9.21 // reference range: 1.70 - 8.60 (MIU/ML)
FSH: 11.70 // reference range: 1.50 - 12.40 (MIU/ML)
TESTOSTERONE, TOTAL: 112 // reference range: 300 - 1,080 (NG/DL)
SEX HORMONE BINDING GLOBULIN (SHBG): 11 // reference range: 18 - 66 (NMOL/L)
Calculated free testosterone 3.37 ng/dL LOW

My testosterone is extremely low, but my LH and FSH are relatively high. My doctor prescribed me HCG therapy (1250 IU twice a week, for 4 weeks // total 10 000 IU)

To me this doesn't make sense since my LH and FSH levels are already high.

PS. I am 32 years old, very fit (5'10'', 180lb). I was doing few steroid cycles in last few 5 years (they never lasted more than 2 months, and I always used clomid afterwards). I never had any libido issues in the past.

I just wanted to hear your opinion about my doctor putting me on HCG therapy considering that my LH and FSH levels are already high.

Thanks.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I would think that as being primary hypogonadism, testicular failure, so I would think HCG therapy wouldn't help.

Probably the most clear cut case of primary hypogonadism I've seen posted online before.

A doctor that prescribes hCG in response to those levels is not one familiar with treating men with hormonal issues.

isidor

Is it still worth trying HCG cycle to see if it is primary or secondary hypogonadism?

If it end up being primary, what is typical therapy that is recommended by doctors?

Last edited:

Vince

Super Moderator
Is it still worth trying HCG cycle to see if it is primary or secondary hypogonadism?

If it end up being primary, what is typical therapy that is recommended by doctors?
No reason to try HCG cycle.
Clomiphene citrateis used to normalization of T levels with LH surge, restoration of pituitary-gonadal axis in secondary hypogonadism.

I think vince carter may have confused you, as it's obvious he intended to say "primary hypogonadism" instead of "secondary hypogonadism", but you have a very clear case of PRIMARY hypogonadism.

In essence, your testes have failed, your brain is flooring the gas and your testes simply aren't able to produce testosterone.

hCG only mimics LH, and your testes are not responding to elevated LH levels, there's no reason at all they'd respond to hCG.

For primary hypogonadism, TRT is the only treatment, it's essentially organ failure.

ratbag

That's the lowest level of TT I have ever seen. I agree with all of you that it's primary and with your LH high I don't see how HCG could possibly help. But if you start TRT your LH will get shutdown and then you may need HCG in addition to your TRT.

Vince

Super Moderator
Should I guess what everyone is saying you need to be on trt for primary hypogonadism. Ratbag makes an excellent explanation on why you would still use HCG.

isidor

Thank you for you responses. I am a bit bummed out to hear this.

What might be the reason for this? It happened all of a sudden. Could it be due to taking steroids in past? I have never experienced any testicular trauma that I am aware of.

JPB

The hcg is a waste of time, your testes are dysfunctional despite high signalling. I think I would give it more time and you may consider what nutrients and other factors may help the testes directly. It would be important that the testes have necessary substrate to rebound and do their job. This would include adequate fatty acids, calories, zinc. And I would probably throw in some Q10, methylene blue, and pqq and/or similar agents to see if the mitochondrial profile can be helped. And you should be getting plenty of rest. Also sunshine on the back in the AM can stimulate T levels, and there are some reports that light therapy directly to the ballsack area can help.

Vince

Super Moderator

What might be the reason for this? It happened all of a sudden. Could it be due to taking steroids in past? I have never experienced any testicular trauma that I am aware of.
No testicle injuries in the past, are you taking any supplements right now?

madman

Super Moderator

Your lh/fsh levels are high which would indicate primary (hypergonadotropic hypogonadism) and testicular trauma is only one of the many possible causes of primary HH.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2948422/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2948422/table/tbl3/

isidor

Thanks everyone on your responses.

I believe that my doctor decided to put me on HCG because he wanted to see if my testicles will react and start working again after trying to kick-start them with even higher level of LH.

I was reading about people having similar symptoms as me (low testosterone, high LH and FSH), and Clomid or HCG cycle made testicles working again.

I also have scheduled another appointment with my doctor for next week to ask questions now that I am more familiar with testosterone issues.

@ Vince No, I immediately stopped taking it after i noticed that my testosterone level went down. It has been a month since I didn't take anything - not even vitamins.

Vince

Super Moderator
Thanks everyone on your responses.

I believe that my doctor decided to put me on HCG because he wanted to see if my testicles will react and start working again after trying to kick-start them with even higher level of LH.

I was reading about people having similar symptoms as me (low testosterone, high LH and FSH), and Clomid or HCG cycle made testicles working again.

I also have scheduled another appointment with my doctor for next week to ask questions now that I am more familiar with testosterone issues.

@ Vince No, I immediately stopped taking it after i noticed that my testosterone level went down. It has been a month since I didn't take anything - not even vitamins.
I hope your restart works, keep us posted and all the best.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me