DHEA brands and quality

Buy Lab Tests Online

JayLay777

I recently bought DHEA 25 mg from a local Vitamin Shoppe near my house. I have been taking for about for days and feel like crap. I don't think it could be from estrogen conversion because four days would be too fast to already start to feel the effects from elevated estrogen. Feel weaker and more fatigued and bloated. Any way it could be a filler in the pills that is causing this? I just ordered pharmaceutical grade DHEA from Defy and I hope that works a lot better than this over the counter garbage from Vitamin Shoppe. Also Im taking Dhea because it was recommend to me by my doctor to improve my levels.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
So while you are waiting onthe Defy order to arrive I would stop taking the OTC DHEA an see if you start to feel better. I don't know what half life of DHEA but I would think you should feel something in 48 hours. Let us know what you decide to do.

OTC tablets are the worst kind and don't at all discount the aromatase here, these cheap tablets will spur conversion on first pass thru the liver. That stuff is garbage. You need a micronized capsule or a transdermal, both are avail at Defy. But beware too that many guys don't tolerate DHEA very well or at all, tread lightly and just drop it if it doesn't agree with you. DHEA is not an essential part of TRT, not at all though it's pushed as such.

ratbag

It's ironic how those with low DHEA-S report nothing but great success with supplementation while others report complete misery upon supplementation. You can almost assume your in one of those 2 camps.

Blackhawk

It's ironic how those with low DHEA-S report nothing but great success with supplementation while others report complete misery upon supplementation. You can almost assume your in one of those 2 camps.

My DHEA-S was indeed low and supplementing has been excellent.

However, related to the OP, I started with a brand that had maltodextrin added, which I did not know when I purchased. Maltodextrin can be a carrier for MSG, and I have MSG sensitivity. I had a headache that would not stop until I discontinued taking that brand (and it was micronized). Whwther th MSG issue is what did it, I don't know.

But I switched to Douglas micronized capsules and they have been great! Under Dr Saya's care we've been monitoring DHEA-S, and after starting at 50mg have reduced to 25mg/day.

Works for me.

ratbag

Blackhawk, this is so true, I see weird stuff in supps all the time. When I choose a supp (online purchasing) I always compare to other products to see if the supplement facts show the correct ingredients. Being on thyroid meds I need to be careful with calcium and so many supps have additional calcium that it's easily missed... amongst the others that you have seen. We must be careful in our choice of any supp.

Vince

Super Moderator
Just my two cents, I'm switching to a less expensive brand of DHEA. I know Jarrow makes good quality supplements, so I'm going buy their brand of DHEA.

skycop00

You may like where I buy mine if you appreciuate the pregnenolone with the DHEA. Great chemist and the products flat out are excellent to include his research chemicals. http://www.idealabsdc.com/subscribe/ I use the pansterone 2-3x a day 5mg dhea and 5 mg preg transdermal. He was using DMSO, but I think now switched to MCT and one other carrier. Very reasonably priced.

Will Brink

Or, it's unrelated to either. Never ever underestimate the power of the mind:

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching