Hey Guys, Help me Understand my First Blood Test

Buy Lab Tests Online

Rockfist82

35 year old male, 6'3 230 lbs. Been weightlifting 4-5 times a week for over 2 years. Went from 260 lbs to 215 lbs then put on some lean muscle and am now at 230. Not satisfied with my progress considering all of the work I put into working out and eating right the past two years. I am not nearly as strong or as muscular as I would like to be for all the work and dedication I put into it. Went to a clinic and these are my results. Any feedback is appreciated, would love to know if my lack of progress is related to these results.

Testosterone, Total 295 ng/dL 249-836

Free Testosterone (Adult Male) 9.0 pg/mL 4.3-30.4

Sex Hormone Binding Globulin 28.5 nmol/L 11-80

Test: TSH

TEST COMPONENT YOUR RESULT STANDARD RANGE RESULT COMMENTS

TSH 1.730 uIU/mL 0.270-4.200

Test: Insulin-Like Growth Factor 1

Insulin-Like Growth Factor 1 172 ng/mL 132-333

Test: PSA

PSA (Prostate Specific Ag) 0.61 ng/mL 0.00-4.00

Test: Prolactin

Prolactin 6.8 ng/mL 4.0-15.2

Test: Luteinizing Hormone

Luteinizing Hormone 4.4 mIU/mL 1.7-8.6

Test: Estradiol

Estradiol 32 pg/mL 0-56

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nashtide

35 year old male, 6'3 230 lbs. Been weightlifting 4-5 times a week for over 2 years. Went from 260 lbs to 215 lbs then put on some lean muscle and am now at 230. Not satisfied with my progress considering all of the work I put into working out and eating right the past two years. I am not nearly as strong or as muscular as I would like to be for all the work and dedication I put into it. Went to a clinic and these are my results. Any feedback is appreciated, would love to know if my lack of progress is related to these results.

Testosterone, Total 295 ng/dL

Free Testosterone (Adult Male) 9.0 pg/mL

Sex Hormone Binding Globulin 28.5 nmol/L

Test: TSH

TSH 1.730 uIU/mL

Test: Insulin-Like Growth Factor 1

Insulin-Like Growth Factor 1 172 ng/mL

Test: PSA

PSA (Prostate Specific Ag) 0.61 ng/mL

Test: Prolactin

Prolactin 6.8 ng/mL

Test: Luteinizing Hormone

Luteinizing Hormone 4.4 mIU/mL

Estradiol 32 pg/mL
Always helps to include lab ranges. Also need to know which estradiol test was
done.

Nashtide

Your T is low. What symptoms are you having other than frustration with muscle gains. The only E2 test that is helpful is the LC/MS test. Anything else is designed for women. If this is the sensitive test then your E2 is good. Are you interested in embarking on a lifelong journey of injections and testing?

Rockfist82

I really don't have many of the other symptoms I see guys posting about. I have a general sense of well being, I don't have too much anxiety despite a high stress job, I do occasionally struggle with ED issues but just stuff like not being as hard as I would like not unable to perform. I thought something had to be off though, like I said I have made some moderate muscle gain and fat loss in 2 years but for the level of effort I have put into it, not nearly as much.

I really have struggled to get my belly fat off, do you think the low T could be the culprit?

ratbag

Yes I would say your total T and free T are too low. It's very unlikely you could gain muscle with those numbers. It's good that you feel reasonable though. If you would like to pursue TRT I would think you are a strong candidate. TRT is not a simple task. Best to try and work with an MD who knows how to get you a good protocol. Defy our sponsor does a great job at that and you can work with them by phone providing your PCP is willing to accept that. If your PCP won't accept that you would need to find a new PCP that would.

CoastWatcher

Wrong estradiol test. The reference range is a dead giveaway. Likely lower than reported, but either way, future tests should be the sensitive assay, LC, MS/MS.

Rockfist82

Hey guys, here is my update. The TRT clinic put me on this regimen every week:

Testosterone Cypionate 200 MG/ML Intramuscular Solution - 200 MG/ML
Chorionic Gonadotropin 10000 UNIT Intramuscular Solution Reconstituted - 10000 UNIT
Recombivax HB 10 MCG/ML Injection Suspension - 10 MCG/ML
Half tablet of Anastrozole (about 5mg I think)

Here are my labs after first month:

Test: Dihydrotestosterone 55 ng/dL

Estradiol 16.7 pg/mL (Range 7.6-42.6)

Testosterone, Serum 816 ng/dL (Range 264-916)

Free Testosterone(Direct) 24.8 pg/mL (Range 8.7-25.1)

Besides these results, I feel fantastic and have increased strength in the gym. I understand some of this can be psychosomatic but I went 2 months without gaining a single pound on my lifts and in the past two weeks all of my lifts have increased in weight or rep range capability. I feel strong and confident as well.

I will post updates when I get them every few months as well! Thanks for the advice and help!

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me