Can DHEA cause fatigue and weakness?

Buy Lab Tests Online

JayLay777

So I have been taking 50 mg of DHEA in the evening for about 4 days so far because my doctor told me to. Can DHEA cause fatigue and weakness? Either Im catching the flu or its the DHEA I'm taking.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
That's a new one, I don't believe DHEA will ever make you sick. It may increase your estradiol levels though.

DHEA is something that needs to be started at a low dose like 5mg to gauge tolerance to it. A good number of guys don't tolerate or like it and just because it's low on a test does not mean that you need it or should use it. I do think 50mg is a heavy dose.

When I began taking DHEA 25mg I was taking it in the morning with my breakfast. DHEA made me tired and groggy, I went off and on with it for 9 months or so. I finally started taking it in the PM, about a hour before bedtime. The strange groggy feelings soon vanished and DHEA began to help my sleep.

Vince

Super Moderator
For whatever reason, if I take DHEA at night it keeps me awake. I take my DHEA supplement after breakfast and then I'm good to go.

Last edited:

captain

DHEA lowers Cortisol and effects Glucose levels. Low Glucose levels can effect sleep. Cortisol is higher in the day so it would have less effect.

HealthMan

DHEA for me less is better. I started out with 50mg and my previous doctor increased my dosage to 100mg as I was struggling to raise DHEA-S levels. Once i added HCG to my protocol DHEA-S levels skyrocketed and since then i reduced my dosage to 10mg a day. For me i feel the same taking DHEA in the morning or before bed. I also take 10mg of Pregnenolone together with DHEA.

skycop00

I think it is very important for many to take very low dose DHEA as the studies I have read seem to indicate low e2 CONVERSION BELOW 10 mg Dhea. Taking large doses only made me feel like crap many years ago. I am sure that was the E2 conversion at high doses. In my experience with a lot of lab testing to include URINE DUTCH test, we can have LOW Sulfated DHEAs and still have very robust metabolites of DHEA (Androsterone and Etiocholanolone). I am such a case and I will attach my urine metabolite test to show you what I mean by this....As you can see my my lab, I have VERY LOW DHEAs but very elevated Metabolites... Tony DHEAs and Metabolites.jpg

Antisosa

I take the VitaminShoppe brand 50mg after dinner. I do notice the Fatigue after that. The defy dr said I should take it. He also menitoned 35mg is a good dose for me but if I am not getting it through their pharmacy then I should go to 50 because it’s not here and the actual amount would be closer to 35 mg.
I have a follow up coming soon and and going to mention my symptoms

JayLay777

Update on my DHEA supplement. I bought some DHEA from Hallandale pharmacy and I feel much better with it than the DHEA I bought from the Vitamin Shoppe. I can't really feel anything special from taking it yet but its only been 3 days since i started taking it. The only difference is I don't feel like crap on it like i was when taking the DHEA from the Vitamin Shoppe. Thanks.

JayLay777

40 mg. My DHEA level was at 285 but my doc said it needed to be in the 500's for my age. Hopefully 40 mg won't bring me too high over the range.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me