Better sleep with Phosphatidylserine

Buy Lab Tests Online

Vince

Super Moderator
I read some posting about
Phosphatidylserine
by ERO

Basically, what it does is stores the cortisol your body produces. Instead of rushing through your bloodstream. Anyone with chronic insomnia should give this a shot.

I'm wondering if anyone is using
Phosphatidylserine, brand and amount.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

rhino5169

So after posting this I read your other thread about phosphatidylserine lowering cortisol. I thought I had all the info but I somehow never read that so im going to stop the PS because im actually doing a cortisol experiment right now, so the PS would be counterproductive.
Thanks for posting.

Vince

Super Moderator
I also just started supplementing with PS, NOW brand 100mg. I've only used it two days so far, yesterday I took 3 and slept really good. It was probably just because I was so tired from Christmas. The now brand contains soy something I tried to avoid. I believe I'm going to switch to the jarrow brand, like you're taking.

ERO

For me, Phosphatidylserine seems to do nothing at all but Phosphorylated serine definitely helps with cortisol, which in my case means better sleep when I take it at night. But I also know that my body reacts to things in a very strange way so my results may be atypical.

Here are a couple of articles as well.

Dr. Joseph Debe

Natural Bio Health

Vince

Super Moderator
For me, Phosphatidylserine seems to do nothing at all but Phosphorylated serine definitely helps with cortisol, which in my case means better sleep when I take it at night. But I also know that my body reacts to things in a very strange way so my results may be atypical.

Here are a couple of articles as well.

Dr. Joseph Debe

Natural Bio Health
Ero thanks for the two articles, both was of good interest to me.

Interesting tidbit from one of ERO's provided links:

One final reason to opt for phosphorylated serine is that it is much cheaper. Phosphatidyl serine is currently more popular but it is an inferior supplement for this purpose.

What I'm reading is that
Phosphatidyl serine you have to take much more of this in order to get the effects of phosphorylated perhaps 300-500mg.

Last edited:

Vince

Super Moderator
Interesting tidbit from one of ERO's provided links:

What I'm reading is that
Phosphatidyl serine you have to take much more of this in order to get the effects of phosphorylated perhaps 300-500mg.

That is a large amount to take and it can be very expensive. I am supplementing with it to see if I sleep better. I usually been sleeping pretty good but as I get older I find it harder to get a good long night's rest.

ERO

I would try the Seriphos and see what happens. If it doesn't work you are out $35.00. Not insignificant, but not a ton of money, either. Oh, and when starting you may need one capsule with dinner and two before bed, or even 3 before bed. After it starts to work, you may be able to cut back. I would give it a solid week or two to see if it helps as well.

One thing that I have to add - the manufacturer of Seriphos had a much better formula years past, then changed it and received horrible customer reviews so they changed it again and now touts that it's "the original formula" again right on the label. It works again but not nearly as good as before they started messing with the formula. Tons of the Amazon reviews say the same thing.

I wish I knew of another source for true phosphorylated serine. If anybody knows of one, please post it!

Vince

Super Moderator
After reading the reviews on Amazon the seriphos that recommended by ERO seems to be the best one to try. For help with sleep and cortisol management.

Vince

Super Moderator
I would try the Seriphos and see what happens. If it doesn't work you are out $35.00. Not insignificant, but not a ton of money, either. Oh, and when starting you may need one capsule with dinner and two before bed, or even 3 before bed. After it starts to work, you may be able to cut back. I would give it a solid week or two to see if it helps as well.

One thing that I have to add - the manufacturer of Seriphos had a much better formula years past, then changed it and received horrible customer reviews so they changed it again and now touts that it's "the original formula" again right on the label. It works again but not nearly as good as before they started messing with the formula. Tons of the Amazon reviews say the same thing.

I wish I knew of another source for true phosphorylated serine. If anybody knows of one, please post it!
It says that the original formula is sold in a bottle with a red triangle on the left corner. Hopefully they're right. I'm going to try it.

Vince

Super Moderator
I read a lot of those amazon reviews and chose the Jarrow PS100 I'll have it in hand for the weekend.

I actually ordered both, PS 100 and Seriphos recommended by ERO. I am presently using the now brand, I'm going to continue using the two that's recommended and see my results.

ERO

Yeah, that is what they say now - but the original formula had more phosphorylated serine. It was clearly listed as the main ingredient with a specific mg dose. The new "original formula" has a "Proprietary blend" of which phosphorylated serine is one component. In my experience, most of the time when you see "proprietary blend" is because the manufacturer does not want to list the exact amount of each ingredient.

I started using Seriphos 5 years ago and the formula back then was noticeably better. The new "original formula" is what I would call "good" where the formula from years back was "great."

I agree with you about Proprietary blends and I tend to think that those if they're not mystery ingredients they're less than clinically effective doses, too.

1st night with 100mg of the PS100, slept pretty well straight thru didn't wake and toss and turn for 30-60 minutes in the 0300 time frame. I did still wake a few times but right back to sleep. Was an improvement I'd say.
2d night same dose was a little less effective I'd say, still no prolonged toss/turn

Might have experience more vivid or intense dreaming both nights.

Vince

Super Moderator
1st night with 100mg of the PS100, slept pretty well straight thru didn't wake and toss and turn for 30-60 minutes in the 0300 time frame. I did still wake a few times but right back to sleep. Was an improvement I'd say.
2d night same dose was a little less effective I'd say, still no prolonged toss/turn

Might have experience more vivid or intense dreaming both nights.

At this point I'm still using the NOW brand. Will be getting the other brands soon. I really haven't noticed any Improvement in sleep and I'm taking 200 mg twice a day.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me