sinus and lung congestion when starting TRT or when increasing dose?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Anyone remember back when you first started your TRT regiment if you got a stuffy nose, sinus and or lung congestion?

When I first started TRT back in January I was on a daily T Gel and had to start using a nazel spray to breath. It got better but never went away.
2.5 weeks ago I started a new TRT protocol .25 T cyp M/W/F which I am pretty sure is going to send my TT to beyond TRT lvls.

I am experiencing sinus and now lung congestion. OTC drugs are keeping it under control. I am using a phenylephrine hydrochloride.05% spray hourly and a Walgreens Phenylephrine HCI 10mg pill every 12 hours.

Anyone else experience sinus and or lung congestion?
What did you do about it?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I never heard of that happening before. When I first started trt, I did get the testosterone flu, but it wasn't what you're describing.

Systemlord

Everytime I change my dosage the two glands in my neck swell up even though there's no symptoms other than my sinus issues that I had before TRT, after I started TRT sinus cleared up for awhile, then went down hill again. I've heard of others who started TRT only to develop persistent sinus problems that never seen to go away.

Saul

I would use caution with those drugs FeelingLost. Ok for short term use, but long term I would try to avoid. Could these be making you feel tired? The only time I take those in the past is for short term when I sense a sinus infection could be trying to take hold. I take the old type Sudafed with motrin and sinus saline spray to clean and dry my sinuses. That is best best thing I have found to avoid a sinus infection. I also take steroid spary for allergies. It is OTC.

I have not had any congestion with TRT. If anything, it is better. In the past when my allergies were really bad I would get a steroid shot of kennelog (sp) from a doctor, but only a couple times. I am told this is overkill, but man did it work. I don't know if TRT would have a similar affect. I have been experimenting with tadalafil for working out and overall men's health and it stuffs up my nose pretty bad even at low dose. Are you taking Gene's stack with tadalafil?

I would use caution with those drugs FeelingLost. Ok for short term use, but long term I would try to avoid. Could these be making you feel tired? The only time I take those in the past is for short term when I sense a sinus infection could be trying to take hold. I take the old type Sudafed with motrin and sinus saline spray to clean and dry my sinuses. That is best best thing I have found to avoid a sinus infection. I also take steroid spary for allergies. It is OTC.

I have not had any congestion with TRT. If anything, it is better. In the past when my allergies were really bad I would get a steroid shot of kennelog (sp) from a doctor, but only a couple times. I am told this is overkill, but man did it work. I don't know if TRT would have a similar affect. I have been experimenting with tadalafil for working out and overall men's health and it stuffs up my nose pretty bad even at low dose. Are you taking Gene's stack with tadalafil?

Yes I am on Gene's stack(10mg Taf and 2 mg Dox/24 hours) . Have been for 3 months.
The cialas did not give me any sinus trouble however the doxa did drop my blood pressure too low and raised my HR for a couple days.
All is back to normal now.

I believe my current breathing problem is associated with the protocol change since they pretty much happen at the same time.
I've made no other changes to diet or activities.

When I was on T gel my TT got up to 640 and I was congested. for about 2 months then blood showed E2 and Prolactin over the top and I fired that doctor and went with Defy. 6 months on compounding cream and my TT never got above 345 and I was not congested. Now after complaining I wasted 6 months on compounded creams that don't work they have socked it to me with 150mg /wk T cyp and my congestion is back full time and more so.

Maybe the grapeseed oil or the high lvl of T I don't know. I plan to try another oil on my next reorder to eliminate that as a possibility.

Since others have not experiencing sinus issues I might need to look else where for the cause.

Saul

Yes I am on Gene's stack(10mg Taf and 2 mg Dox/24 hours) . Have been for 3 months.
The cialas did not give me any sinus trouble however the doxa did drop my blood pressure too low and raised my HR for a couple days.
All is back to normal now.

I believe my current breathing problem is associated with the protocol change since they pretty much happen at the same time.
I've made no other changes to diet or activities.

When I was on T gel my TT got up to 640 and I was congested. for about 2 months then blood showed E2 and Prolactin over the top and I fired that doctor and went with Defy. 6 months on compounding cream and my TT never got above 345 and I was not congested. Now after complaining I wasted 6 months on compounded creams that don't work they have socked it to me with 150mg /wk T cyp and my congestion is back full time and more so.

Maybe the grapeseed oil or the high lvl of T I don't know. I plan to try another oil on my next reorder to eliminate that as a possibility.

Since others have not experiencing sinus issues I might need to look else where for the cause.

IMO, you are taking a bunch of stuff. Gene's stack is a mile long and tadalafil has known side affects (it makes me achy and plugs up my nose), you are taking two decongestants and trying out a new TRT protocol with HCG and an AI. Seems hard to know what is doing what and what is mixing with what.

IMO, you are taking a bunch of stuff. Gene's stack is a mile long and tadalafil has known side affects (it makes me achy and plugs up my nose), you are taking two decongestants and trying out a new TRT protocol with HCG and an AI. Seems hard to know what is doing what and what is mixing with what.

I hear you Saul, thank you. This is why I'm asking for advice and opinions.

My AI has not changed since I started with Defy back in June it has always been .125mg EOD.
My E2 has always come back slighty low (17 and 22) and I prefer that. I've had both high and low E2 before Defy.
My HCG was increased from 800/week(2x400iu) to 900/week(3x300iu) I feel no different.

Gene's stack has been stable for 3 months and I take the whole stack as he lists.
I could stop the stack cold turkey an see what happens.
I am not a body builder so I am not seeing the results in vascularity he showed us. This was the reason I started it no other.
I have had severe ED and non existent libido for 10 years and I believe Gene's stack is
the reason I am experiencing nocturnal wood and morning erections.
However no improvement in the libido.

madman

Super Moderator
Anyone remember back when you first started your TRT regiment if you got a stuffy nose, sinus and or lung congestion?

When I first started TRT back in January I was on a daily T Gel and had to start using a nazel spray to breath. It got better but never went away.
2.5 weeks ago I started a new TRT protocol .25 T cyp M/W/F which I am pretty sure is going to send my TT to beyond TRT lvls.

I am experiencing sinus and now lung congestion. OTC drugs are keeping it under control. I am using a phenylephrine hydrochloride.05% spray hourly and a Walgreens Phenylephrine HCI 10mg pill every 12 hours.

Why would they start you on 150mg/week (50mg M/W/F) that is a rather high starting dose for injectable?

100mg/week (50mg every 3.5 days) would have been a sufficient starting dose as even after 6 weeks if your total/free t was still some what low and you did not feel any improvements the dose could be increased slightly.

You had e2 issues on transdermal so be prepared as your estradiol will shoot up on 150mg/week, even spreading out your injections 50mg M/W/F but because you are already using a.i. should be no issue managing but I would prefer to try a lower t dose and possibly avoid use of an aromatase inhibitor.

Sure your e2 was high on transdermal but your total/free t were also rather low which combined with the high e2 was a recipe for negative issues.

Using injectable you would easily reach a higher total/free t and even if your e2 rose it may be balanced out by your T:E ratio as many do ok with higher e2 as long as total/free t are on the higher end and can avoid the use of an a.i. Regardless you are in good hands with Defy.

Would have been a smarter move to start low and go slow. Well you are 2.5 weeks in so we will see in 6 weeks after your labs are done how that dose effects your total/free t,e2 and hematocrit among other health markers. Best of luck hoping for positive outcome!

Last edited:
Hi Madman thanks for the post.
I believe they look at a lot of varibles before deciding on a starting dose. Since free T is more important to them than TT I believe they look at things like SHGB an just how primary are you. Will HCG help with T production or is it just cosmetic. It's a balancing act with DHEA the AI , HCG all playing their role.

You can't knock their record. They have more satisifed clients than any other clinic I've read about. I have enough self preservation that if something doesn't feel right I will cut back or stop if need be even before bloods are checked.

So far 2.5 weeks in I can't really say I feel any different than when my TT was 350. The gym is just as painful and my legs still burn at mile 20 on the mtn bike.

There has been no second honeymoon but I might be feeling a little horny however it comes and goes I have no control over it kind of like my nocturnal erections. I really do hope it improves my wife just had her Defy consultation today. I hope I didn't jump the gun with that early Christmas present.

ZoomyR6

5 months in and I still get flushed in the face for the couple of days following injection and in turn, causes congestion. Most likely from increased blood in the turbinates and causing them to enlarge.

Bryan

About 4 weeks ago right after I injected my face turned completely red. A few hours later I had a weird sensation in my head and had an anxiety attack for about 24 hours. Then for the next two weeks I had extreme pressure the top of my head around my eyes and could not get air through my nose very well. Almost like a sinus infection. I haven't injected since. All my blood work came back normal.

Trents

About 4 weeks ago right after I injected my face turned completely red. A few hours later I had a weird sensation in my head and had an anxiety attack for about 24 hours. Then for the next two weeks I had extreme pressure the top of my head around my eyes and could not get air through my nose very well. Almost like a sinus infection. I haven't injected since. All my blood work came back normal.

Did you ever find out what caused this? Same thing labs are normal on hcg and test e. Also have crazy fatigue. E2 ok. You still on trt did this stop?

Bryan

Did you ever find out what caused this? Same thing labs are normal on hcg and test e. Also have crazy fatigue. E2 ok. You still on trt did this stop?
No, I did not.. I stopped TRT all together after this. Too many ups and downs with more downs. I felt bad for a few months after that.

Trents

No, I did not.. I stopped TRT all together after this. Too many ups and downs with more downs. I felt bad for a few months after that.

How long did these symptoms persist when you ceased all test and hcg? Also did you need clomid for a restart?

Tman

My head, nose, and chest plugs up as my E rises. Apparently, estrogen levels affect our allergies. After talking to the doc, we lowered the dose, increased the frequency, and switched to name brand deposit...one of which helped. Since we changed three, I'm not exactly which one works. I just know that it's better now.
Also, as a side note, I didn't have any of those symptoms on the T gel.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching