Under the skin testosterone injection pain and redness

Buy Lab Tests Online
I have used T cyp and T enan, which have different preservatives and oils. I have injected smaller amounts more frequently. I have been careful to not pinch the injection site. I have applied pressure and gently rubbed it. Etc.

So does anyone have any ideas as to why I get red, itching, painful lumps that last about a week at the injection site? Any pointers for other folks that deal with this? It doesn't happen with HCG

Thanks again

Last edited by a moderator:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Eli1947

I have the same issue using the Bayer T-en (formulation in castor oil benzylbenzoate). the redness start ab 24 h after injection it itch. It last till ab day 5.
Wonder which oil & preservative in your T cyp formulation .
thanks

Watson T Cyp has Benzyl Benzoate 20%, Benzyl Alcohol 0.9%, and Cottonseed Oil

Watson T Enan has Chlorobutanol 0.5% and Sesame Oil

Both cause the same thing despite only having testosterone in common. I wonder if there is something with oils and too small of a needle or something else.......

robs2nd75

I stopped doing sq for another reason but I had the same issue when I first started. It went away after a few injections. Make sure the alcohol has dried, inject a little slower, and if you are aspirating there really isn't any need from what I understand.

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
The lump you are getting is a inflammatory response to the injection and the type of Testosterone you are using.

As noted here, try different fat pads as any will do, and try injecting at a slower rate.

Also, smaller doses more frequently each week is better then higher doses with less frequent injections.

Try also using a longer needle such as 1/2". This can sometimes work to mitigate the irritation if the injection is too shallow.

All of our patients who use the SC protocol for cypionate use compounded T Cyp in grapeseed oil. I am not sure the difference oils have on the sc injection but I do know that grapeseed is thinner and, according to the pharmacists I speak with, a "cleaner" oil than cottonseed. It may also require less BA which is also irritating. Shaun from Empower might be able to clarify this

I use the 1/2 inch needle. I assume grapeseed oil would be something I would have to get compounded as the pharmacies have told me that the oils listed are the only ones they can get. Thanks for all the help.

Yes, grapeseed oil is too expensive for the mass produced brand names to use. With big pharma, profits tend to equal or surpass our comfort and safety. Most compounders can use grapeseed oil if specified on the prescription (ie Testosterone Cypionate 200mg/ml in grapeseed oil).

Eli1947

I stopped doing sq for another reason but I had the same issue when I first started. It went away after a few injections. Make sure the alcohol has dried, inject a little slower, and if you are aspirating there really isn't any need from what I understand.
Thank you robs2nd75 your suggestion to allow alcohol has dried and injecting little slower made the difference . Last 2 injections went smooth!

Bass

been doing SQ for well over a year now, split my injection (2 spot injection), do it twice a week and still get inflammation/lumps, etc... so I experimented as Gene notes above and found a great spot to inject and I've never get any reaction since. see pic.

Attachments

• SQ Injection Spot.jpg
    SQ Injection Spot.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 1,040
I tried that spot the other day and will do it again. Still some burning and itching but not as much. I just have to work on flexibility because I cramp and shake at that angle!!!

Bass

I tried that spot the other day and will do it again. Still some burning and itching but not as much. I just have to work on flexibility because I cramp and shake at that angle!!!

it shouldn't be that hard to reach unless you're going beyond the area. its the softest fat tissue in your body and its right between the hip bone.

I'm thinking it is something else. I still get the itching and burning. It happens with both T Cyp and T Enan, which have completely different ingredients except for Testosterone. I don't think I am allergic to that, so what the heck??

I have tried letting the alcohol dry longer (same protocol as when I do HCG and it never burns or leaves a welt), I apply pressure, I inject slowly, I don't pinch the skin, I hold it steady, etc...

So, other off the wall thoughts...

Oil - Sesame and Cottonseed just too thick or I react and should try Grapeseed if I can get it?
Syringe size - I read somewhere not to use a tiny syringe because it creates a jet stream like a pressure washer and can damage tissue. I tried expelling the T dose to see and I think it is so thick that a 'jet' is impossible.
I'm a wuss - and should just go back to creams.
??? - any other off the wall thoughts

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching