Can I directly ingest powder out of a pregnenolone capsule to lower the dosage?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Aki

Hi all,

I have LifeExtension Pregnenolone 100 mg capsules. I would like to take it on a regular basis to see its effect, but in the interest of conserving money (and because I read here that lots of members take a very small dose) I'd like to start with a small doses and increase only if necessary.

To that end, is it okay to just ingest a bit of powder out of the capsule directly? I'm just concerned that without the capsule it might get destroyed before it reaches wherever it needs to go to get absorbed.

BTW I'm secondary hypo and I'm taking enclomiphene for it (i.e. no conventional TRT).

Thanks!
AK

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

davidrn

Instead of eating the powder directly from a capsule, you could dilute it instead. I would suggest taking 5 caps (that would be 500mg) and mix it into a half liter water bottle. That would give you a dilution rate of 1ml = 1mg. Shake the bottle for 10 sec + prior to pouring. If you want to start with 10mg you would take 10ml. You can use a syringe to measure small servings, if you are going larger 30ml = 1oz.

Instead of eating the powder directly from a capsule, you could dilute it instead. I would suggest taking 5 caps (that would be 500mg) and mix it into a half liter water bottle. That would give you a dilution rate of 1ml = 1mg. Shake the bottle for 10 sec + prior to pouring. If you want to start with 10mg you would take 10ml. You can use a syringe to measure small servings, if you are going larger 30ml = 1oz.

This works...thanks davidrn

Hi AK I hate swallowing all those supplement veggie caps so I dump them in my morning breakfast. I see no reason you could not take a portion everyday.
putting the cap back together might be an issue or trying to take less than 1/4 could be hard to measure. Best of luck.

Blackhawk

I split 50 mg pregnenelone capsules in half for my 25mg daily dose and just eat the powder with a mouthful of food. Seems to work fine.

I like the dilution/solution idea! Have to try that!

ratbag

The only worry over opening capsules is contamination. In that regard, diluting it in liquid and refrigerating afterwards is probably safer.

davidrn

I suggested this method because I have been using it for several years. I take LDN (Low Dose Naltrexone) an immuno
modulator, basically it improves the immune system.(I have RA) I mix one 50mg tab (not powder from a cap) in 500ml of water, and then I take 45ml = 4.5mg every night. The tabs cost less than $5 each if I pay for them, and 3 tabs is enough for a month. The other choice (which I didn't want to pay for), was to use a compounding pharmacy, when I started taking LDN I found several videos on youtube that used this method, and it works well for taking low doses of a supplement or medicine. It is not an injectable med, so clean is fine, sterility is not required.

Blackhawk

The only worry over opening capsules is contamination. In that regard, diluting it in liquid and refrigerating afterwards is probably safer.

What kind of contamination are you worried about? Seems a complete non issue to me at least the way I do it:

Pull capsule open, pour contents on a piece of clean paper, split powder in two with an index card edge, eat 1/2, put the other half back in the capsule for the next day.

davidrn

You are correct on contamination, and also about splitting the powder in half. The issue becomes more complicated when you want another, smaller dose. Dilution makes any dosage available, from as low as 1mg to 95mg. I buy my tabs as 50mg, but take 4.5mg daily, can't do that without a compounding pharmacy or dilution in water.

I buy empty Capsules online for my splitting needs. I can still hear the CVS pharmacist saying "you cant split a capsule" when I asked where the empty capsule were located. She then asked what med I was wanting to split, I told her Anastrozole, she got a puzzled look on her face then spouted out "who's your Dr" as she was reaching for the phone. I just laughed and went on my way. Came home and found this place, they even have flavored ones!

https://www.capsuledepot.com/login.php

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching