1 week into TRT Diagnosis and feeling a bit miserable - just venting :)

Buy Lab Tests Online

Lowtuk

Hey everyone,

Posted my labs and doc appointments in the introduction section, but just wanted to vent and get other peoples views here who have started and are on their trt journey.

I'm usually a pretty upbeat guy and just roll with the punches when it comes to bad news etc...

But this week after the trt diagnosis I've been stressing myself out and keeping myself awake.

Main things i've been thinking are:

• It sucks to have to go on trt at 35
  • Are my doctors going screw up my levels and fertility
  • Am I going to be able to start a family like me and my wife want to in 2 years

Now am I just making a big deal out of something that is quite common and quite easy to live with?

Would like to hear other peoples views please?

Thanks

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Sean Mosher

• It sucks to have to go on trt at 35 - It's all about perspective..........yes it might "suck" but of all the things I could have been diagnosed with low T is pretty easy as far as the "cure" and managing (and I'm absolutely better off now having been treated).
  • Are my doctors going screw up my levels and fertility - depends on the doctor you're seeing.........there's a list on this website of good docs and you can always choose one of the site sponsors. You definitely need to take charge of your health and not rely blindly on your current doc.
  • Am I going to be able to start a family like me and my wife want to in 2 years - provided you are receiving proper treatment this shouldn't be a problem.

It sounds like you have some serious concerns with starting treatment. I'd seriously browse this site, address your concerns with your actual doc and then make sure you have a doc who will provide you with the best possible care.
There's an abundance of information on this site that should address and alleviate any concerns you might have with starting treatment.

Lowtuk

Hi Sean,

Thank you for the message, my doc visit last night and your message has definitely given me some perspective.

Trying to educate myself as much as possible so I can have informed convo's with my dr.

We are a bit limited with choice of doctors in the Middle East unfortunately.

Saul

Sean brings up a good point about perspective. When I started I was not thrilled about having low T and having to do injections (but was hopeful and glad this could make me feel better). Anyway, I was also getting treatment for another health issues (too much iron - easily treated if caught in time) and was being treated at a multi-doctor oncologist office . Most of the people there had cancer (blood leukemia . . . ) and were getting chemo. It really puts it in perspective and allowed or forced me to realize that it could be much worse. Many of the other patients were much younger than me.
I assume you have ruled out all the other possible causes of low T? Like you said, keep reading and learning. This is a treatment you need to self educate yourself. Good luck.

Hi Lowtuk, Has your doctor determined if you are primary or secondary hypogonadal?
Depending on your diagnosis their might be other ways besides sticking yourself with a needle for the rest of your life.

CoastWatcher

As someone who had his first diagnosis of a chronic, life-long disease (Primary Adrenal Insufficiency/Addison's Disease) at age 25, I'll be 60 next month, I can understand why at a reasonably young age you feel less than thrilled with the news you received when you discovered you are hypogonadal. It seems as if you're looking at a medical regimen that stretches on for life...and what does that mean?

With a good doctor, and the right protocol, it can mean you'll live life to the fullest. Yes, chronic conditions shadow a person, it's something you have to be aware of and act on, but TRT gave me back something I'd lost for a number of years.

You should use hcg with your testosterone it might preserve fertility

A more recent study done by Lipshultz in 2013 also looked at HCG in low doses every other day in combination with testosterone, either in the form of a topical gel or an injectable. They found that giving HCG actually was able to preserve normal semen and sperm parameters. This study was very interesting because we traditionally think of FSH as the gonadotropin that's solely responsible for stimulating sperm production but using this protocol with just HCG in combination with testosterone men actually were able to preserve their normal semen and sperm parameters. That was really a interesting study to see. That was done pretty recently, just a few years ago now.

Nelson:

It's a very good study. It's actually kind of sad that some men that want to have kids are told that they cannot use testosterone or that they have to get off testosterone if they want to have their wives pregnant. So it's really a sad thing that most men out there and doctors don't know about it. It is a prescription product right? So how is it made?

As someone who had his first diagnosis of a chronic, life-long disease (Primary Adrenal Insufficiency/Addison's Disease) at age 25, I'll be 60 next month, I can understand why at a reasonably young age you feel less than thrilled with the news you received when you discovered you are hypogonadal. It seems as if you're looking at a medical regimen that stretches on for life...and what does that mean?

With a good doctor, and the right protocol, it can mean you'll live life to the fullest. Yes, chronic conditions shadow a person, it's something you have to be aware of and act on, but TRT gave me back something I'd lost for a number of years.

I am with you on that, I had my first diagnosis at 17. Narcolepsy. There's definitely an adjustment period where you have to come to terms with it, and it's not much different than the 5 stages of grief when dealing with loss of a loved one.

I can say though, that of all my diagnoses, hypogonadism is the easiest to manage and the one that actually allows you to feel like there isn't a disease, when properly treated of course.

Lowtuk

Thanks for sharing all your stories guys, really helped me gain perspective and feel much better about the situation.

Learning so much from the forum and it's really helping no just with knowledge but state of mind as well.

It's a great place you have here and I'm very happy to be a part of it now.

CoastWatcher

Thanks for sharing all your stories guys, really helped me gain perspective and feel much better about the situation.

Learning so much from the forum and it's really helping no just with knowledge but state of mind as well.

It's a great place you have here and I'm very happy to be a part of it now.
Nobody came to Excelmale because they were happy to learn they had a male-specific health problem. All of us hope, however, that we can help and support each other - we're all in this together.

• It sucks to have to go on trt at 35 - It's all about perspective..........yes it might "suck" but of all the things I could have been diagnosed with low T is pretty easy as far as the "cure" and managing (and I'm absolutely better off now having been treated).
  • Are my doctors going screw up my levels and fertility - depends on the doctor you're seeing.........there's a list on this website of good docs and you can always choose one of the site sponsors. You definitely need to take charge of your health and not rely blindly on your current doc.
  • Am I going to be able to start a family like me and my wife want to in 2 years - provided you are receiving proper treatment this shouldn't be a problem.

It sounds like you have some serious concerns with starting treatment. I'd seriously browse this site, address your concerns with your actual doc and then make sure you have a doc who will provide you with the best possible care.
There's an abundance of information on this site that should address and alleviate any concerns you might have with starting treatment.
Where on the site is the list of good docs? thanks.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me