Restart might not be going according to plan

Buy Lab Tests Online

dubp68

Hey all,

I recently went on a restart after 1 year of testosterone use (partial cycle / partial TRT) and did the restart protocol through Dr. Saya as I was trying to get off it. Initially, the drugs did their thing and restored me to promising numbers. I just got my 5 month post restart labs and I’m a bit upset but also trying to stay patient. Basically my total T is 294, free T is 12.8 and estradiol is 17.1. Obviously, aside from e2, these aren’t ideal levels. I’m going to do a follow up consult wih Defy, but generally asking here, am I a lifelong TRT candidate now or will more time and patience lead anywhere worthwhile?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Hey all,

I recently went on a restart after 1 year of testosterone use (partial cycle / partial TRT) and did the restart protocol through Dr. Saya as I was trying to get off it. Initially, the drugs did their thing and restored me to promising numbers. I just got my 5 month post restart labs and I’m a bit upset but also trying to stay patient. Basically my total T is 294, free T is 12.8 and estradiol is 17.1. Obviously, aside from e2, these aren’t ideal levels. I’m going to do a follow up consult wih Defy, but generally asking here, am I a lifelong TRT candidate now or will more time and patience lead anywhere worthwhile?
If I recall, you're not yet 30 years old, which is in your favour, and you are working with Dr. Saya, certainly in your favour, but we're all different and TRT seems to emphasize those differences. You posted your lab results, but didn't tell us how you feel. Are your symptoms improving, or are they in line with the numbers?

dubp68

If I recall, you're not yet 30 years old, which is in your favour, and you are working with Dr. Saya, certainly in your favour, but we're all different and TRT seems to emphasize those differences. You posted your lab results, but didn't tell us how you feel. Are your symptoms improving, or are they in line with the numbers?

Yes sir, going on 27 next month. I basically feel like I did before using TRT or testosterone, which is lazy, unmotivated, often depressed and unhappy, low confidence, low energy and physically my body has morphed. Much higher body fat, less muscle but to be expected. Essentially all the reasons I started messing with all this stuff is how I feel right now. ED isn’t terrible but definitely no morning wood happening

But it’s not crippling. I feel like I’ve always felt before TRT (well at least a few years before it, all thru college at least) I can definitely function but it’s not always easy going through life so negatively and unenthusiastic

dubp68

Where were your numbers before TRT?

I’m really not sure. I started a standard cycle (500mg per week for 16 weeks) that transitioned into TRT dosage in June 2016, ended June 2017. I consider myself in tune with my body and my daily state feels remarkably similar to before I used testosterone. I had a few run ins with prohormones in college, short 6-8 week cycles using halodrol primarily and OTC PCT (brilliant I know) and went a couple years in college of feeling basically how I do now. It’s a pretty unique feeling that you don’t forget. Basically what I’m saying is I think I have had low numbers for quite awhile.

HealthMan

I’m really not sure. I started a standard cycle (500mg per week for 16 weeks) that transitioned into TRT dosage in June 2016, ended June 2017. I consider myself in tune with my body and my daily state feels remarkably similar to before I used testosterone. I had a few run ins with prohormones in college, short 6-8 week cycles using halodrol primarily and OTC PCT (brilliant I know) and went a couple years in college of feeling basically how I do now. It’s a pretty unique feeling that you don’t forget. Basically what I’m saying is I think I have had low numbers for quite awhile.
Without knowing your levels before TRT it is impossible to tell if the restart is working or not (you could have low T before ever using testosterone). Restart might take a while and more than one try. But from my experience at best you will bet somewhere close to pre TRT levels but still below pre TRT levels. I am no expert whatsoever in restarts but i have done a few in the past and have many friends that abused steroids that also did and best case was to get close (but below) pre TRT levels.
With Dr Say you are in good hands. So stick to what he tells you to do.
Many variables are in play when it comes to how you feel. So to assume that because you feel more or less the same now compared to before TRT may not give you a good picture of your testosterone levels. For example a lot of people feel the same with TT 300 and TT 700 or even more extreme range differences.

HealthMan

And about your question. I would give it more time to try to restart your HPT axis before committing to TRT. If that doesn’t work you have many options: clomid, HCG mono, TRT...

dubp68

Without knowing your levels before TRT it is impossible to tell if the restart is working or not (you could have low T before ever using testosterone). Restart might take a while and more than one try. But from my experience at best you will bet somewhere close to pre TRT levels but still below pre TRT levels. I am no expert whatsoever in restarts but i have done a few in the past and have many friends that abused steroids that also did and best case was to get close (but below) pre TRT levels.
With Dr Say you are in good hands. So stick to what he tells you to do.
Many variables are in play when it comes to how you feel. So to assume that because you feel more or less the same now compared to before TRT may not give you a good picture of your testosterone levels. For example a lot of people feel the same with TT 300 and TT 700 or even more extreme range differences.
I appreciate the insight man. Definitely not going to venture outside of Dr. Saya's instruction and do things on my own, I had my own headaches with that. My LH has responded to the restart as it's out of the negative and on to the positive, at 2.4. I feel as though the restart did what it was intended to do, which was stimulate LH. Does LH possibly become more powerful as time goes on?

And about your question. I would give it more time to try to restart your HPT axis before committing to TRT. If that doesn’t work you have many options: clomid, HCG mono, TRT...

Agreed - I want to try other ways of restarting first before I commit to TRT, if it's worth the time and money

You’ve got s good doctor. I’d just follow his advice. It’s either going to work or not work. If it doesn’t you know you feel good on TRT. Not the end of the world.

Yeah very true. I'd just rather not pin for the rest of my life starting at 27

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching