Antidepressants

Buy Lab Tests Online
So long story short my quality of life went really down for last couple of years.. After I crashed my estrogen few years ago I am feeling sick all the time.. I am not responding to testosterone the way I use to but it's not just that I feel much worse then low T. My cognitive abilities are maybe 30% of what they used to be, my motivation is absolute 0, I have bad anxiety when talking to people, major anhedonia, bad fatigue, barely have energy to take care of myself, depression, body and joint aches, panic attacks, im gaining fat everywhere with eating under suprlus of calories, can't build muscle like I used to, frequent urges to urinate and many other symptoms. All I have to say is its all started after I crashed my estrogen and I never had those before.. I was waiting few years thinking it will recover but the situation barely improved. Should I try some antidepressants since testosterone isn't working for me as it was before all this crap? I am really suffering here and just can't live like this much longer
I heard some say they get impotence from SSRIs I was prescribed zoloft by my doc but since its SSRI I didn't get it yet

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

rhino5169

So are you saying the estrogen crash caused this?
To me it sounds like it's something else, or a combination of things. Many of us here have several things going on at once. I know I do.

Is your E2 currently at a good level?
If it is then I would say look at other things. There are MANY moving parts so it's not easy but can be done.

How far under maintenance are you consuming?
Is it low carb?

LTChris

I am really suffering here and just can't live like this much longer

This is not a statement to be taken or made lightly.

I agree with user_joe. Get in to see your doctor. Wellbutrin has been known to actually help libido anecdotally at least. Wellbutrin didn't do much for me after a couple of months and it was easy to come off of it. Might be worth a try. I completely understand your apprehension with SSRI's. Definitely need to educate yourself as much as possible. Some people really do benefit/need them

Hang in there, you are not alone, you have support on the this forum. Seek out other support in your life and move forward.

Good Luck!

If you can stay away from medications that would be the best but being in that state it doesn´t help your libido as well etc,,, I´m taking a combo of Lexapro escitalopram + Welbutring ( to counteract some side effects of SSRI like less libido). Good luck anxiety sucks!

captain

You may find that Methylphenidate or Vyvanse work better if your doctor will let you try it. They will help with weight, cognitive abilities, energy and about all your complaints except frequent urges to urinate. I don't think the Zoloft will help with any of it other than help you not care that you have them problems.

Aki

Speaking from experience - having been put on a heavy dose of Zoloft + Cymbalta a few years ago, SSRIs can kill your erections and give you anorgasmia. I think I had absolutely zero erections during the first three months (not even morning wood) of taking the medication, and it didn't get much better after that. And even though I stopped taking antidepressants completely after a period of about one year, my erections and orgasms remained weak for a few years even after stopping antidepressants completely. (And this is from someone who prior to starting antidepressants could have sex three times a night on a regular basis, at the age of 30.) I think it might have to do with SSRIs causing an increase in prolactin (although there may be additional reasons).

People respond differently to medications, so you may not have the same experience as me, but now I would only consider SSRIs if I was seeking some kind of chemical castration.

Murderface

I'm on 10mg of Trintellix a day. Prescribed for the erection killing anxiety I had.
It's a WONDER drug. 3 weeks in, it has completely wiped out all signs of anxiety.

I think Lexapro could be also a good option with less expensive and less side effects. Someone with these kind of problems should consult a real psychiatrist not a GP.
But we all react differently to different SSRI drugs etc..

engineer

Hi L2S,

Hope you are doing better by now!

In case you didn't start the medication yet, I would definitely talk to the doctor to add Bupropion XL (300mg once a day) like others suggested to the SSRI. SSRI's are great for anxiety and panic attacks but not that great for depression which involves low energy, low motivation and anhedonia. This is where Bupropion strives at! And it increases libido.

A combo between the two could really help you to pursue treatment for your HRT (including E2 and thyroid levels) with another doc. And don't worry, even though it sounds scary, each person reacts differently to these meds. I, for example, had great improvement in ED after taking sertraline 100mg sometime ago. Go figure.....

Good luck and I hope you are feeling better already!

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me