Should I Stop Testosterone Before Surgery?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Ruffdogster

Howdy Gents!

I am currently in my first month of TRT. I would like a little input on TRT and Surgery. I have just been informed that I will be having a second fusion surgery, with removal of hardware from a first fusion surgery two yrs ago. I have not as of yet spoke with the surgeon, but will be doing so next week. My question is will he have me discontinue my protocol and if so is there a possibility to continue so as I will not fall back into feeling like shart during recovery? From my research here does TRT not help with bone growth and density which should be good for this next surgery?
I will follow Dr.'s orders and be contacting Defy to also see what I need to do to keep from going backwards and starting all over again.
I would just like your opinions and guidance as to what is going to help me recover both TRT and surgery, or if anyone has been in this situation and how you handled it.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

Testosterone is a hormone, the grape seed or cotton oil is inconsequential . You do not need to stop TRT for surgery. TRT does help with bone growth, muscle growth and affects every cell in the body, you require all your hormones to be in balance in order to properly heal. Any doctor who believes different is acting out of ignorance and fear.

Vince

Super Moderator
I was told by my doctors, there's no need to stop TRT when someone is having surgery, even heart surgery. I keep all of my doctors informed of my TRT protocol.

Last edited:

ratbag

I would stay on TRT and discuss this with them before you go in to surgery. Phil Georgian had heart bypass surgery and he was supposed to stay on TRT. The MD in charge of his operation took him off TRT and did the surgery and he had trouble and got an infection so he started to go downhill and he began to deteriorate. He should have been out of there in 10 days but he was now in his third week. His wife called his TRT MD and told him the story and he went to the hospital and saw him and spoke to the surgeon and told him if he didn't put him back on TRT immediately he wouldn't improve. Reluctantly the surgeon did and Phil got better and fully recovered.

I suppose if your going in for a couple of days it would be ok to stop TRT but if there are complications and your in there for weeks it's a different story. Surgeons are not TRT experts they shouldn't make decisions on something they know nothing about. I would discuss this in detail with him and your TRT MD and get them in contact with each other. I'm pretty sure your TRT MD would want you to stay on your protocol.

Vince

Super Moderator
The only complication that I can think of, would be high HCT. If that's under control I can't think of any issues.

Ruffdogster

Thanks guys!
I will discuss this with my surgeon and Defy who are my TRT doctors. I just needed some insight so I wasn't accused of playing doctor.
Once I get back home, I am not one for taking the opiates they give me, so things are going to be a bit dicey as I muscle through the pain for a week or two and I hate to crash my TRT at the same time because I'll really feel sharty

I advise guys to be aware of discussing their TRT with other Drs. The medical community by and large does not support TRT (at all) and you may experience some negativity. I find no reason at all to discuss this with any other medical provider. Yes...I regret talking to my primary care Nurse about it because she questions me every time I see her with that guilty little tone that she has. And then there's just no reason at all to stop in a situation like this.

Vince

Super Moderator
I advise guys to be aware of discussing their TRT with other Drs. The medical community by and large does not support TRT (at all) and you may experience some negativity. I find no reason at all to discuss this with any other medical provider. Yes...I regret talking to my primary care Nurse about it because she questions me every time I see her with that guilty little tone that she has. And then there's just no reason at all to stop in a situation like this.

When you're old guy like me. :) So many of us are on TRT, my doctors don't even blink an eye when I show them my scripts I'm on. When they see I'm on daily injections they think I'm using a gel not a syringe.

ratbag

In Canada in the province I live any MD has access to all your Prescriptions online and can see immediately what you have been Rx'd, so we can't hide it here. I assume this is not the case in the USA. My PCP also ridicules my use of TRT and takes at shot at me every time I see him. Even though he agrees I'm hypopituitary he's under the belief no one needs TRT. Truly unbelievable.

HealthMan

I dont see a reason why someone should stop TRT to have a surgery. You are basically replacing a hormone that is natural to your body. But depending on the other drugs you are using in your protocol maybe there might be some interactions. So it would be wise to discuss before hand with you doctor.
My PCP took a while to agree with TRT. But after he saw the benefits both subjectively and in the bloodworks he is ok with that and even fills out the defy physical paper work for me annually. As far as if doctors know if you take a prescription or not. For me that is only true for prescriptions sent to regular pharmacies. Prescriptions from compounding pharmacies never show up during a doctor consultation at least for me.

Pauly_P

I was to have a procedure done on the day of my scheduled injection (doing twice a week injections) I decided to postpone it a day, I figured probably best to not be peaking that day.

CoastWatcher

I was to have a procedure done on the day of my scheduled injection (doing twice a week injections) I decided to postpone it a day, I figured probably best to not be peaking that day.

If you had normal/healthy levels of testosterone naturally, your body wouldn't cease production the morning of a surgical procedure.

Systemlord

Yes, that makes perfect sense. It would certainly be nice to know what my T levels were when I was younger.

If we all know where we were when we were in our prime TRT would have a higher success rate. I'm starting to wonder if I would do better somewhere just above middle range, I felt good there.

Vince

Super Moderator
If we all know where we were when we were in our prime TRT would have a higher success rate. I'm starting to wonder if I would do better somewhere just above middle range, I felt good there.

I've heard that from some TRT doctors, they would like to test young people testosterone levels. So as they age and need trt they would know what levels are best for them.

Weasel

I've heard that from some TRT doctors, they would like to test young people testosterone levels. So as they age and need trt they would know what levels are best for them.

This would have been amazing for many of the guys around here I sure would think.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me