Testosterone Viscosity - Injection Advice

Buy Lab Tests Online

Dominatio

Hi Folks

I have been using Gentech Test 300 Enanthate (300mg/ml). Its incredibly thick and difficult to administer. I use 1ml 30g 12mm insulin pins to inject it, typically back-filling the syringe first.

At first I was injecting E3.5D and using SubQ at 28mg each (100mg / week), but due to low results and concern over elevating E2 I switched to EoD @ 40mg each (140 mg / week). The dosage seems to be fine and I have another blood panel coming up next week to monitor it.

Regardless of where I inject, this stuff is incredibly hard to get in, I need to press the syringe hard against my skin in order to press the plunger sufficiently to get the fluid in. Injecting SubQ results in a hard lump (stomach / thigh etc) which stays for days. More recently I have been using my delts and lately my glutes (shallow IM I guess), but in those cases I end up with a sore area around the injection site (muscular soreness) for at least a day. I'm assuming its because of the pressure I apply during the injection.

Q: Is it the viscosity of the Test that is causing this or is it my injection technique?

Q: Would a larger diameter syringe, say 2ml, make the injection easier?

Q: Would a change to Testosterone 200mg (200mg/ml) reduce the thickness and therefore make the injection easier? I'm not sure if the strength of the Test actually affects the viscosity of the fluid, or if its just the Enanthate ester. I need to resupply anyway so have the option to swap it out with a different concentration or even ester if I need to!

BTW I get my Test through a UGL as I don't have GP support for my TRT.

Advice appreciated.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Warm it up. not heated, but warm will inject easier. Whether you hold the syringe in your hand, run it under warm water, hold it between your lips, however you warm it will make it a bit easier to push. I run a small cup of warm tap water and drop the capped syringe in for a few minutes.

Dominatio

Thanks Vince - I tried that when I was doing SubQ but seemed with little success. Not sure how warm I can make it before I start to effect the plastic of the syringe etc?

Any thoughts on how the concentration of Test affects the viscosity?

I have the same issue with test cyp. I also tried heating the vial in a cup of hot water but couldn't tell it helped any. I would think the size and length of the needle influences it a lot. I use a 25 gauge needle and have no idea how people are getting it psuhed thru the smaller 27 and 29 gauges unless the 1/2 lenght makes a big difference.

I use a 25 gauge 1 inch needle in my deltoids, my wife doss the injections and has to push like hell on the plunger to get it to go in. I might try a slightly larger 24 gauge and 3/4 needle if I can find them. I like the 25g as it has no pain on insertion.

I have been buying my TEST C and syringes at CVS pharmacy so not sure if there is something better out there.

But I struggle with this also and it boggles my mind how so many people don't seem to struggle at all and the physics of the needle sizes and viscosity of the oil flowing thru that restriction are the same for all of us I would think.

Vince

Super Moderator
What kind of oil is in the test you guys are using. My testosterone is mixed with grapeseed oil, I've never had any problem filling my syringe I use a Easy Touch 29g 1/2" syringe.

Ive experienced one pharmacy that seems to be tough to push through a syringe and that's Hallandale with Grapeseed oil. I don't mess with warming a vial, I just let it fill the syringe and let it take as long as it needs to do that. But to inject it warming won't make it easy, but will make it not so hard to push the plunger down. Warm...not hot. use common sense. There's nothing you can do short of using a larger longer needle like a 25g 1" perhaps that is going to make TCyp flow through easily. Trying to push the oil thru a tiny 29g needle isn't going to be easy no matter how you do it.

Weasel

I just boil a little water in the microwave, set the vial in for say 30 sec or so id say. Flows very easy that way.

Been doing that for 5 years now and it works great.

What kind of oil is in the test you guys are using. My testosterone is mixed with grapeseed oil, I've never had any problem filling my syringe I use a Easy Touch 29g 1/2" syringe.

Its Cotton Seed oil, its what CVS Pharmacy sold me. I have little choice but to use CVS as my employer uses CVS for RX insurance lol.

Even warmed I find it difficult to push thru a 3cc syringe using 25g 1 inch needle. CVS needle stock is somewhat limited as well and they hide them all in the back of the pharmacy so you cant really see what they have in stock to pick thru and the pharmacists are all ****s and don't want to answer questions about needles or what all they have.

I worry internet syringes might be less quality and break?

I would like to try a 24g and 3/4 needle to see if the larger and shorter hole would flow better, but may have to buy off the internet as CVS sux.

Weasel

Its Cotton Seed oil, its what CVS Pharmacy sold me. I have little choice but to use CVS as my employer uses CVS for RX insurance lol.

Even warmed I find it difficult to push thru a 3cc syringe using 25g 1 inch needle. CVS needle stock is somewhat limited as well and they hide them all in the back of the pharmacy so you cant really see what they have in stock to pick thru and the pharmacists are all ****s and don't want to answer questions about needles or what all they have.

I would like to try a 24g and 3/4 needle to see if the larger and shorter hole would flow better, but may have to buy off the internet as CVS sux.

Yep I used to get cottonseed oil, way thicker but I could still get it to flow through a 1/2' 29ga just fine when it was warmed. Make sure you are using 1/2cc as they can create double the pressure (drawing or pushing) as 1cc

Yep I used to get cottonseed oil, way thicker but I could still get it to flow through a 1/2' 29ga just fine when it was warmed. Make sure you are using 1/2cc as they can create double the pressure (drawing or pushing) as 1cc

That may very well be the issue. I am using 3cc syringes and may need to downsize to 1cc. I will see what I can find.

Vince

Super Moderator

I believe most men here buy their syringes on the internet. We have many threads talking about it. I only know one person whose needle broke by injecting and he was reusing a syringe. A big No-No.

rhino5169

Try using a 25g or 27g needle, as the others have said.
I was having those issues with a 29g so I went to a 27g and its better. Would probably be better at 25g but I havent gone there yet.

Also, I have heard and now tried myself to be as steady as possible when injecting. Dont let the needle move around and see if that helps.

You can most definitely buy syringes on the internet.
I stick to easy touch as they fit best into a syringe carrier. Not that I need to do that often but when I do I need it to work.

https://www.otcwholesale.com/diabet...ulin+Syringes&search_return=all&Size=27+gauge

https://www.easytouchstore.com/easy-touch-insulin-syringes

HealthMan

Like others have said. Try a lower gauge. Depending from which pharmacy you buy the testosterone the viscosity might be different. For example: empower and hallandale testosterone using same type of oil have very different viscosities. I can draw empower testosterone without any issues with a 30G syringe but thats not true for Hallandale’s testosterone. For a more viscous testosterone try 27G.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me