1. #1

    The joint problems from Arimidex, is it the E2 or?

    Hi everyone... Im curious if anyone knows. AIs are often associated with joint pain as many report. However, is this due to the compounds themselves, or simply from E2 being too low?

    I have finally found a way to incorporate HCG into my protocol but it requires me to use an AI (arimidex). I use 110 mg T per week (EOD shots), 500 units 2x per week of hcg, and approximately 0.25mg Arimidex per week, so not much. I tend to be an over responder.

    I dont have any symptoms of joint pain and I think I have found the protocol finally where I feel pretty good on all fronts. I just want to make sure the Arimidex itself doesnt lead to joint issues and injuries, or if that is simply a function of E2 getting too low. Thanks!

  2. # ADS
    Purchase From Our Affiliates
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    51
    Help Excelmale

    Defy
     

  3. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    283
    from the lowered E2, most of Adex's side effect profile comes from if you lower E2 too low. Breast cancer women take 1mg/day for 7-10 years, on their forums you can get a good example of common side effects.

  4. #3
    Moderator Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    5,634
    Estradiol (ultrasensitive) between 20-50 pg/mL (anastrozole may be needed at 0.5-0.5 mg per week in some men with sensitive estradiol over 40 pg/mL if breast tenderness is experienced)

    https://www.excelmale.com/showthread...cement-Therapy
    I am not a medical practitioner. Any suggestions I provide are not medical recommendations and are just my opinions. Please consult with your physician on any matters concerning your health.

  5. #4
    Member FeelingLost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Denver CO
    Posts
    676
    I use 110 mg T per week (EOD shots), 500 units 2x per week of hcg, and approximately 0.25mg Arimidex per week
    I really like your protocol and think that is where I am heading.
    I have been taking Arimidex .125mg EOD for the last 7 months.
    My E2 has been as low as 19(firsts blood test 5 weeks in TT very low 354) but I never had joint pain or popping.
    An that is coming from a 64 year old with minor arthritis in his hands. Which has gone away since i started TRT.

  6. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by fedor View Post
    Hi everyone... Im curious if anyone knows. AIs are often associated with joint pain as many report. However, is this due to the compounds themselves, or simply from E2 being too low?

    I have finally found a way to incorporate HCG into my protocol but it requires me to use an AI (arimidex). I use 110 mg T per week (EOD shots), 500 units 2x per week of hcg, and approximately 0.25mg Arimidex per week, so not much. I tend to be an over responder.

    I dont have any symptoms of joint pain and I think I have found the protocol finally where I feel pretty good on all fronts. I just want to make sure the Arimidex itself doesnt lead to joint issues and injuries, or if that is simply a function of E2 getting too low. Thanks!
    My protocol is very similar to yours'. I'm on 40mg Test EOD with 500IU HCG and 0.125mg Anstrozole (just started the AI) on every other injection day...so every 4th day. Also just added one click of T cream daily to increase DHT.

    What do your labs look like? Mine were at T 808 (264-916), FT 30 (8.7-25.1), DHT 30 (30-85), E2 59.2 (8-35).

    I started the AI to get my E2 back down to the range where I felt fantastic. I've had low E2 and high E2....both are very similar. I'm going to take it slow with the AI to avoid crashing back down and try to find that sweet spot.

  7. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    38
    I can say with absolute certainty that a 6.8 estradiol level was no fun for me. My elbows, knees, and wrists hurt and my plantar fasciitis came back with a vengeance at such low estradiol levels. I begin my new protocol next week.

    I can say this though, I am NOT taking Anastrozole for at least two more weeks. I may have my own estradiol levels pulled in a couple of weeks just for my own benefit.

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    My protocol is very similar to yours'. I'm on 40mg Test EOD with 500IU HCG and 0.125mg Anstrozole (just started the AI) on every other injection day...so every 4th day. Also just added one click of T cream daily to increase DHT.

    What do your labs look like? Mine were at T 808 (264-916), FT 30 (8.7-25.1), DHT 30 (30-85), E2 59.2 (8-35).

    I started the AI to get my E2 back down to the range where I felt fantastic. I've had low E2 and high E2....both are very similar. I'm going to take it slow with the AI to avoid crashing back down and try to find that sweet spot.

    In answer to your question, I won't get my labs done for this particular protocol until 3 weeks from now, but I do feel quite good. In the past adding HCG really messed me up by about week 4, however I never had used Arimidex with HCG before, which is what I'm doing now. When I was on T and Arimidex only, same doses, my Total T was around 1050 and E was anywhere between 18 and 32. But I do feel good now, so I expect the labs to look decent. My DHT is usually closer to 75.

    Thanks for the feedback guys. It seems the Adex for me is keeping in check the aromatization I have typically gotten from HCG. Though I heard the aromatization from HCG isn't the type that Adex can help, it's been my experience thus far otherwise. Usually at this point on HCG I'd have a lot of unpleasant symptoms.

  9. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    283
    Quote Originally Posted by bouquetCPA View Post
    I can say with absolute certainty that a 6.8 estradiol level was no fun for me. My elbows, knees, and wrists hurt and my plantar fasciitis came back with a vengeance at such low estradiol levels. I begin my new protocol next week.

    I can say this though, I am NOT taking Anastrozole for at least two more weeks. I may have my own estradiol levels pulled in a couple of weeks just for my own benefit.
    Lowest I've been was 7, definitely not fun. Sporadic ED (but not all the time), night sweats, feeling dried out, extremely vascular, thirsty, dry lips, anxiety was a little nagging. It took another month to go from 7 to 9, maybe it was the Anavar that was keeping it low as well. Two months later I was back in the 20's and then another month in the 20's I felt better.

    High E2 blows as well, terrible anxiety, ED, diminished libido, holding water, less vascularity, nut sack shriveled and small (testicles same size thanks to HCG), prostate flare up, premature ejaculation.

    Of the two, low E2 was more tolerable for myself.
    Last edited by Vitamin_C; 12-08-2017 at 12:08 AM.

  10. #9
    how high your e2 was when you had these symptoms Vitamin C - terrible anxiety, ED, diminished libido, holding water, less vascularity, nut sack shriveled and small (testicles same size thanks to HCG), prostate flare up, premature ejaculation.

  11. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    283
    Quote Originally Posted by lowe2sucks View Post
    how high your e2 was when you had these symptoms Vitamin C - terrible anxiety, ED, diminished libido, holding water, less vascularity, nut sack shriveled and small (testicles same size thanks to HCG), prostate flare up, premature ejaculation.
    I get my labs back on Monday for sensitive E2 but I am assuming its high because I am blasting 500mg of Sustanon w/no AI plus two SARMS, Ostarine and Rad140. I felt great on 250mg of Sustanon per week w/no AI, had good wood, libido, could last forever in the sack. I noticed some tingling in the prostate and some dribble after urination which clued me into possible high E2 setting in, vascularity in arms was somewhat diminished. When I upped my dose to 500mg about two weeks later I was getting hot flashes, insomnia, anxiety, diminished vascularity, ED, slashed libido, and a new one for me, I was cumming after about 2 minutes of penetration (believe this is due to some prostate inflammation). I took .25mg of Adex, felt a tad better (was probably not enough Adex but didn't want to crash myself either). Labs come in on Monday but this feels like high E2.

    Hair quality, OMG...hair super soft, wavy, thick...that is a positive aspect about elevated E2, joints feel lubed up, less popping joints...
    .......but a tad sensitive nips, no crying at emotional TV shows. Will probably ride out 250mg of Sustanon for the next 4-6 weeks then back down to my TRT dose of 120mg per week. Will adjust Arimidex dosing based on lab values.
    Last edited by Vitamin_C; 12-09-2017 at 02:29 AM.

  12. #11
    sound good brother be careful with that arimidex

  13. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    283
    Quote Originally Posted by lowe2sucks View Post
    sound good brother be careful with that arimidex
    For sure, that's why I only dropped a .25mg after a 250mg Sustanon shot, I know that won't drop me. My previous crash was only on 1.25mg per week with 350mg of Test, learned my lesson from that.

  14. #13
    in the past I would feel shitty when I used even 0.5 mg of adex weekly. I could tell after few weeks using anastrozole that something is going off like cognitive function decline, less motivation, less energy and overall drive dissapear. and thats on 750mgs of testosterone weekly (pre trt steroid cycle). shit's very strong

  15. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    283
    Yeah and everyone is different, some people don't need AI with 500mg of Test per week, some people only need a little AI, some people need 5-7mg per week of Arimidex. Balancing estrogen is hard even on TRT protocols, even harder when you run AAS. After this blast I'm never going to go above a 250mg blast, I am tired of trying to juggle estrogen. Labcorp takes 7 days to get their sensitive E2 back as well which is annoying trying to dose your AI/Test if you're high/low.

  16. #15
    always messed around with a 1/4 pill once or twice a week the last 2 years. finally said **** it NO AI. been doing 200 mg enanthate once weekly, 6 weeks in feeling the best ive ever felt in a long time. I dont think ill ever use an AI again even on 250mg+

    also guys if want some joint support add some metenolone enanthate 100-200 mg weekly, youll feel great and also being a DHT derivative libido very very good. Ill add 1cc of it to my testosterone oil shot once per week very easy.

  17. #16
    absolutely. By the way to person who started this thread if you have joint pain from using arimidex stop using it! You don't need it. Your estrogen dropped too low and will stay low if you won't stop arimidex. You may crash estrogen doing so and joint pain is one of the first signs to stop your AI.
    ^I kept telling this for years!! see even on 200mg you feel better without AI.. because estrogen is so important to feel good. Glad its working for you

  18. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    283
    Quote Originally Posted by at15 View Post
    always messed around with a 1/4 pill once or twice a week the last 2 years. finally said **** it NO AI. been doing 200 mg enanthate once weekly, 6 weeks in feeling the best ive ever felt in a long time. I dont think ill ever use an AI again.

    also guys if want some joint support add some metenolone enanthate 100-200 mg weekly, youll feel great and also being a DHT derivative libido very very good. Ill add 1cc of it to my testosterone oil shot once per week very easy.
    Yep, was feeling really good off 250mg of Sust per week, no AI.....strong in the gym, nocturnal erections, spontaneous erections, E2 was probably even a little "elevated" per a sensitive E2 test. WHen I pushed it to 500mg with no AI I started to feel like crap, dropped a .25mg of Adex and felt a little better. I think I can safely go 250mg per week with no AI and certainly won't use an AI at my cruising TRT dose of 120mg per week.

  19. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin_C View Post
    Yep, was feeling really good off 250mg of Sust per week, no AI.....strong in the gym, nocturnal erections, spontaneous erections, E2 was probably even a little "elevated" per a sensitive E2 test. WHen I pushed it to 500mg with no AI I started to feel like crap, dropped a .25mg of Adex and felt a little better. I think I can safely go 250mg per week with no AI and certainly won't use an AI at my cruising TRT dose of 120mg per week.
    Thats good man, 200-250 no AI is definitely where its at. At this point all im gonna do is 200-250 with maybe primo or anavar. And my trt will be 100-125 + hcg.

  20. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    283
    200-250mg of Test with Primo or Var will give you some nice lean gains, nothing dramatic but low on the side effects and gains are 100% keepable

  21. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin_C View Post
    200-250mg of Test with Primo or Var will give you some nice lean gains, nothing dramatic but low on the side effects and gains are 100% keepable
    exactly, all you need unless your trying to be some freak

  22. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by lowe2sucks View Post
    absolutely. By the way to person who started this thread if you have joint pain from using arimidex stop using it! You don't need it. Your estrogen dropped too low and will stay low if you won't stop arimidex. You may crash estrogen doing so and joint pain is one of the first signs to stop your AI.
    ^I kept telling this for years!! see even on 200mg you feel better without AI.. because estrogen is so important to feel good. Glad its working for you
    its crazy man, once i stopped adex/aromasin my penis grew back to its original 7 inches. didnt realize how bad that shit was ****ing me up even a 1/4 pill once or twice a week.

  23. #22
    haha I knew I wasnt the only one who has smaller **** with low estrogen

  24. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    283
    it seems both high and low E2 can shrivel the penis and ball sack

  25. #24
    I never had shriveled penis with high e2 in the past only after I crashed my e2 with arimidex. And that made my **** chriveled regardless of e2 levels for 2 years. shit literally castrated me

  26. #25
    You do realize this is a trt forum and you just turned this guys thread into a steroid discussion, have some respect for the poster! There are many other forums to discuss cycling, blasting/cruising.................this is not the place read the rules Nelson and the moderators laid out. Nelson and the moderators who run this forum put a lot of time/energy/effort to keep the focus of this forum on mens health and trt therapy.

  27. #26
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by lowe2sucks View Post
    I never had shriveled penis with high e2 in the past only after I crashed my e2 with arimidex. And that made my **** chriveled regardless of e2 levels for 2 years. shit literally castrated me
    I don't know if shriveled was the proper way to describe my penis after my former doctor's office crashed my estradiol level. Non-functioning would have been a better term but I guess we could call that shriveled in a way since it wouldn't get fully erect. Regardless, I NEVER want to go through this again!

  28. #27
    I used to get only ED from crashed estrogen but one time when I crashed it it just died on me like completely lifeless and shriveled.. I also couldn't feel anything down there. shit wasnt fun at all and whats worse nothing worked to fix it only time.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Joint Pain and Supplements
    By steve-wv in forum Nutrition and Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-21-2017, 10:58 AM
  2. Joint Pain and Supplements
    By steve-wv in forum Testosterone Basics & Questions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-21-2017, 07:25 AM
  3. Anastrozole and joint pain
    By smithers in forum Prevent & Reverse Side Effects (HCG, Anastrozole, etc)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-09-2016, 03:55 PM
  4. Deca for joint pain?
    By fireeater49 in forum Androgens in Chronic Illness and Injury
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-02-2014, 04:07 PM
  5. Deca for joint pain?
    By fireeater49 in forum Prevent & Reverse Side Effects (HCG, Anastrozole, etc)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-01-2014, 05:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •