Had my DHT tested, it's through the roof!!

Buy Lab Tests Online

Weasel

Just so easy... set em and forget em. My doc wanted to bring me up, fast.
Now bringing me down, slowly. Over the last 4 months, I've shed 40 lbs fat, I am RIPPED, in gym 5 days a week.
No E2 issues, hemocrit, etc, I asked for DHT test for the helluv it. It might be fine, like I said, I haven't felt a single negative issue of the high DHT, hair is great, I'm just looking ahead. I took 1/2 mg Finasteride last night. My buddy says he takes 1mg twice a week, for the last 11 years, works for him, he's 51, I hate him, no ED issues, he screws like a rabbit.

you're playing with fire!!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

lexer

If DHT is that high and you use small dosages of FInasteride just so dht falls into a more normal mid range level, i cant see how you would have issues. Very few guys get real issues and its usually when dht is almost totally wiped out..

Systemlord

Just so easy... set em and forget em. My doc wanted to bring me up, fast.
Now bringing me down, slowly. Over the last 4 months, I've shed 40 lbs fat, I am RIPPED, in gym 5 days a week.
No E2 issues, hemocrit, etc, I asked for DHT test for the helluv it. It might be fine, like I said, I haven't felt a single negative issue of the high DHT, hair is great, I'm just looking ahead. I took 1/2 mg Finasteride last night. My buddy says he takes 1mg twice a week, for the last 11 years, works for him, he's 51, I hate him, no ED issues, he screws like a rabbit.

Nobody said everyone that takes Finasteride experienced side effects, so because your buddy hasn't had any side effects means no one else ever will? Laugh in the face of countless medical research articles, because there's absolutely no consequence for consuming all these chemicals.

We all come to know medications come with side effects, to think otherwise is foolish. Often some guys didn't notice side effects right away, but after a longer period of time.

Your experience with pellets isn't typical, so I'm not surprised it's workout for some. However you are likely lower in hormones towards the end before your next implant, most guys who workout wouldn't leave their T levels to chance. Not when you're working your butt off in the gym.

Last edited:

Murderface

So, I've been taking Finasteride for about 2 weeks now. .5mg a day (1/2 a pill)
1. No ill effects that I can detect.
2. INCREASED nocturnal erections.
3. INCREASED Libido.

I'm getting my blood tested again, next week, to check my levels.

lexer

Murderface
when you use finasteride, less T is converted to dht so total T levels do rise about 15-20%.. a lot of guys i know who use Finasteride report similar effects( more erections/ libido ). Estrogen can also raise by 15% which usually isnt a problem unless you have higher estrogen levels to begin with.
my theory on finasteride is it is a very good drug for keeping dht in the very low range of normal to a little below normal.
the problems that do occur probably happen when dht is close to zero. I am guessing dht fuels certain parts of the body and having no dht causes them to, for lack of a better word, to atrophy. Like the testes, it takes a while for things to get back to normal. Like the testes or pituitary, sometimes it never returns to normal. Keeping low levels, not too low of a level, probably prevents this from happening. I highly doubt most guys that use finasteride ever bother to get a baseline dht level done nor do they get one done while using fin to ensure dht isnt too low. To me, that is very important.

Vitamin_C

Dear God dont take this drug unless you want sexual problems the rest of your life, it causes a host of other side effects such as muscle wasting and can make you feel like you're on your deathbed! Theres tons of lawsuites from post Finasteride syndrome and no known cure. Damage can be done after only one pill, it destroys the bodies ability to use DHT. Your doctor doesn't seem like he's staying medically educated.

For the fact that you're on pellets, you need to find another doctor.

I think this is a bit of hyperbole. While I personally wouldn't take Finasteride or prescribe it, there are many men who do and experience zero issues with the drug. I have talked to quite a few doctors who prescribe this and none of their patients have any problems, including Dr. Rassman from balding blog. There are patients who take 5mg per day for BPH that don't have any issues with it either, so its not an automatic doom pill. There are also people who recovered by making drastic changes to their diet and lifestyle and the whole "it messes up your bodies ability to use DHT" lacks human data. Some of the recovery stories I have read about had many of them using DHT derived prohormones so that shows DHT still has an effect. Guys who seem to get messed up from Finasteride have poor digestive health and Finasteride seems to exacerbate this condition. Once the gut goes, you are in a world of hurt. I don't see any clinical difference in side effects from people with PFS and Chronic fatigue syndrome, they present almost exactly the same.

A recent RCT with Finasteride actually had the PLACEBO group report more sexual side effects than the Finasteride group, as a medical researcher, you absolutely have to account for a large nocebo effect here. Still, I personally wouldn't take it, I've taken saw palmetto (some users report getting PFS from this) and it didn't even lower my DHT levels per lab results (DHT was 69 reference range: 30-80) and had no issues with libido or erections/mood. Finasteride definitely WILL lower your serum DHT though. I mean, why don't we see the media commercials/hype and horror stories from Proscar, which is stronger than Propecia?

Last edited:

Systemlord

I think this is a bit of hyperbole. While I personally wouldn't take Finasteride or prescribe it, there are many men who do and experience zero issues with the drug. I have talked to quite a few doctors who prescribe this and none of their patients have any problems, including Dr. Rassman from balding blog. There are patients who take 5mg per day for BPH that don't have any issues with it either, so its not an automatic doom pill. There are also people who recovered by making drastic changes to their diet and lifestyle and the whole "it messes up your bodies ability to use DHT" lacks human data. Some of the recovery stories I have read about had many of them using DHT derived prohormones so that shows DHT still has an effect. Guys who seem to get messed up from Finasteride have poor digestive health and Finasteride seems to exacerbate this condition. Once the gut goes, you are in a world of hurt. I don't see any clinical difference in side effects from people with PFS and Chronic fatigue syndrome, they present almost exactly the same.

A recent RCT with Finasteride actually had the PLACEBO group report more sexual side effects than the Finasteride group, as a medical researcher, you absolutely have to account for a large nocebo effect here. Still, I personally wouldn't take it, I've taken saw palmetto (some users report getting PFS from this) and it didn't even lower my DHT levels per lab results (DHT was 69 reference range: 30-80) and had no issues with libido or erections/mood. Finasteride definitely WILL lower your serum DHT though. I mean, why don't we see the media commercials/hype and horror stories from Proscar, which is stronger than Propecia?

I didn't know that there was a link to gut health and Finasteride and is new information for me, I knew there had to be a trigger as to why some seem to have more problems with it than the next guy. I knew someone who had taken Klonopin for a few years and the withdrawal seem to destroy her gut health and things got really bad for awhile, she looked as if she was anorexic.

Vitamin_C

I’ve studied PFS quite extensively , some of the guys who recovered had found links to poor gut health as the catalyst . Also, if you look at other drugs that have harmed some like accurate, you will see all the IBS and gut problems as well. I’ve always had a great gut, accutane just gave me a dry face and chapped lips. You can’t even file a lawsuit against Roche/accutane unless you are diagnosed with IBS.

I am seeing a trend with this and recovery stories have all started in the gut .

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me