Had my DHT tested, it's through the roof!!

Buy Lab Tests Online

Murderface

Hello,
I've been on Testopel for about 4 months now, had 20 inserted twice.

Anyway, my E2, Hemo levels have been normal for the most part. I get my blood tested every month to stay on top of things.
Had them do a DHT test, and it came back at 1100!!

Laboratory test finding
11/28/2017 Dihydrotestosterone 1110 pg/mL (High) Range: 112-955

Mind you, I am showing ZERO symptoms of high DHT (no hair loss, no frequent urination, my PSA is normal)
I'm 52 and have pretty much a full head of hair, but I'm TERRIFIED of losing any.

Doc is putting me on 1mg of Finasteride as a precaution.
Any comments/suggestions?
I was going to have them significantly lower my pellet count on next insert (from 20 down to 10/12). My T levels have hovered around 900/1100 on the 20 pellets.

Please help!!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Weasel

Hello,
I've been on Testopel for about 4 months now, had 20 inserted twice.

Anyway, my E2, Hemo levels have been normal for the most part. I get my blood tested every month to stay on top of things.
Had them do a DHT test, and it came back at 1100!!

Laboratory test finding
11/28/2017 Dihydrotestosterone 1110 pg/mL (High) Range: 112-955

Mind you, I am showing ZERO symptoms of high DHT (no hair loss, no frequent urination, my PSA is normal)
I'm 52 and have pretty much a full head of hair, but I'm TERRIFIED of losing any.

Doc is putting me on 1mg of Finasteride as a precaution.
Any comments/suggestions?
I was going to have them significantly lower my pellet count on next insert (from 20 down to 10/12). My T levels have hovered around 900/1100 on the 20 pellets.

Please help!!

DO NOT TOUCH Finasteride until you have read of all the potential life long problems that it can create (such as your **** never getting hard again!)

What was the range for your DHT test?

High DHT is of no concern, DHT is not evil and should not be suppressed outside of diagnosed conditions like Prostate cancer. Leave it alone, and take Weasel's advice and read about Post-Finasteride Syndrome. Do NOT take this drug.

Time to find another doctor. No mens health clinic or doc should ever prescribe Finasteride.
It negative side effects can be the gift that keeps on giving even after you quit using it.

Systemlord

Dear God dont take this drug unless you want sexual problems the rest of your life, it causes a host of other side effects such as muscle wasting and can make you feel like you're on your deathbed! Theres tons of lawsuites from post Finasteride syndrome and no known cure. Damage can be done after only one pill, it destroys the bodies ability to use DHT. Your doctor doesn't seem like he's staying medically educated.

For the fact that you're on pellets, you need to find another doctor.

Last edited:

Murderface

https://www.mayoclinic.org/documents/mc1402-50-pdf/doc-20228419

In the middle under hair loss. I think this is a general list. It is not allowed where I donate. My relative's Ferritin was too high and had to stop taking it so they can donate. I will let him know your warnings about this drug. Thanks.
I use Trimix, so ED issues are of no concern to me. My buddy has been taking Finasteride for 10 years, he’s never had a single issue.

lexer

My doc has prescribed over 4000 ( yes, 4000) prescriptions for propecia and he never had one case where someone had permament issues or bad sexual side effects. Many of those negative reviews and experiences are actually written by lawyers and affiliates. Lawyers know they can get quick money with class action lawsuits without ever going to trial.
as soon as someone posts about a negative experience with a drug, the lawyers pile in.
they now have a bunch of lawsuits because of the so called severe side effects of testosterone, its ridiculous and obscene.

JPB

Well your T is high, therefore your DHT is high. So what would you expect? As you say just adjust your T dosage. Don't go down the path of polypharmacy without reason. Also, this is the problem with pellets. You are kind of stuck with them for a while. So if dose adjustments are needed, it's difficult versus things like injections or topicals.

ratbag

My buddy has been taking Finasteride for 10 years, he's never had a single issue.

You asked any comments or suggestions: Careful what you do here there are many research articles describing the devastation Finasteride can cause. Lots of MD's have articles on that too. Namely Dr. John Crisler who is one of the best hormone Md's around. Just google it. Trump uses it and look at him... you really wanna take that risk?

OMI100

Finasteride: Like crossing a street and getting ran over by a bus..... NOT everyone crossing the street gets ran over by a bus, BUT if it is you, you are in a world of hurt.

Systemlord

The FDA instructed the manufacturer of Finasteride to include a warning potential users of the persistent sexual side effects users have experienced after stopping Finasteride. I've heard from guys who said they knew of the risk and are suffering for it longer after they stop Finasteride, they were desperate to regain a full head of hair but they were blind to the dangers.

Murderface

In this video we hear from Dr. John Crisler about The Post-Finasteride Syndrome - Persistent Propecia Side Effects.
https://www.excelmale.com/forum/sho...ide-Syndrome-Persistent-Propecia-Side-Effects

I would consider switching to injections.
Most men that start with pellets stop and move to injecting. So many issues with pellets. But doctors make a lot of money inserting them.

Just so easy... set em and forget em. My doc wanted to bring me up, fast.
Now bringing me down, slowly. Over the last 4 months, I’ve shed 40 lbs fat, I am RIPPED, in gym 5 days a week.
No E2 issues, hemocrit, etc, I asked for DHT test for the helluv it. It might be fine, like I said, I haven’t felt a single negative issue of the high DHT, hair is great, I’m just looking ahead. I took 1/2 mg Finasteride last night. My buddy says he takes 1mg twice a week, for the last 11 years, works for him, he’s 51, I hate him, no ED issues, he screws like a rabbit.

Vince

Super Moderator
Now bringing me down, slowly. Over the last 4 months, I've shed 40 lbs fat, I am RIPPED, in gym 5 days a week.
No E2 issues, hemocrit, etc, I asked for DHT test for the helluv it. It might be fine, like I said, I haven't felt a single negative issue of the high DHT, hair is great, I'm just looking ahead. I took 1/2 mg Finasteride last night. My buddy says he takes 1mg twice a week, for the last 11 years, works for him, he's 51, I hate him, no ED issues, he screws like a rabbit.

My only comment would be don't use Finasteride.

Weasel

Now bringing me down, slowly. Over the last 4 months, I've shed 40 lbs fat, I am RIPPED, in gym 5 days a week.
No E2 issues, hemocrit, etc, I asked for DHT test for the helluv it. It might be fine, like I said, I haven't felt a single negative issue of the high DHT, hair is great, I'm just looking ahead. I took 1/2 mg Finasteride last night. My buddy says he takes 1mg twice a week, for the last 11 years, works for him, he's 51, I hate him, no ED issues, he screws like a rabbit.

You're playing with fire......

You asked for our advice. Sorry it did not support what you want to do. Rock on my friend.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me