What blood work to get for premenopausal women

What bloodwork to order for premenopausal women ? My wife has several symptoms that she is a prime candidate for HRT. Just wanting to get bloodwork to see if she is a candidate for HRT

2. # ADS
    Purchase From Our Affiliates
    Help Excelmale

Defy

Welcome to Excelmale. In regard to your question, it's reasonable to run CBC, CMP, total and free testosterone, estradiol, estrone, total estrogens, DHEA-S, progesterone, LH, and FSH.
    I am not a physician. Comments offered here are for discussion purposes only. Please consult your doctor before initiating, changing, or stopping any therapy.

Super Moderator Vettester Chris's Avatar
    In addition to CW's labs, have a complete thyroid panel pulled ... TSH, Free T4, Free T3, Reverse T3 & Antibodies (TPO & TgAb), along with iron serum, TIBC, & ferritin.

Peri/ post menopausal conditions can present a decline in progesterone, which in turn can lead to estrogen dominance. It's best to get in front of this, and understand how these imbalances can lead to havoc on the adrenals and thyroid if not treated properly.

Is she seeing changes and/or variances in her monthly cycles?
    Please, no PM's posting lab results ... Let's Keep them on the Open Forum for Everyone to Comment. Feel free to PM me a link to your thread if you would like me to comment. Thanks!!

I am not a Doctor, I only play one on T.V. Please consult your physician, or a trained-licensed physician before proceeding with any comments or suggestions posted on this or any forum.

Yes she is thank you

I am not a medical practitioner. Any suggestions I provide are not medical recommendations and are just my opinions. Please consult with your physician on any matters concerning your health.

Thread Information