How come we can't really identify or simulate what is happening during the TRT Honeymoon?

Buy Lab Tests Online
[gif]https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DetailedGrandImperialeagle-small.gif[/gif]

Cartooniest Tex Avery captured it best. haha

I've heard the story when you first start taking T you get a double dose. What your balls are making and what you inject.
An for a brief week or so we are back to our drooling horny 20's. see cartoon above, haha
I experienced this and for about 5day I did not have ED or a libido issue I could not look at my wife without drooling
and wanting to jump her bones ......then it was gone.

That feeling never comes back no matter how much T you inject. So that begs the question what really happens?
That HIPA-whatever shutting down is a load of bull IMO. My balls were producing 173 ng/dL that ain't crap.

IMO we don't know what is happening during the TRT honeymoon and we sure as hell can't seem to figure out how get it back.

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

HarryCat

First, a lot of guys who go on TRT have levels under 300, and a lot of time lower than that. So if you are injecting enough to get to a level of 1000 after you are shut down that extra 200 or 300 (giving you a total T of 1200-1300) from your natural production probably isn't what is causing the honeymoon.

Second, I stopped and started TRT several times over the years because of varying life circumstances and once I went and got labs during my honeymoon after starting back up. Total T was 450 at the time on the way up to 900. My libido never returned after the honeymoon.

The best explanation I've seen is that a quickly increasing T level causes a surge in dopamine but then after steady state is reached your dopamine receptors down regulate and the honeymoon effect is lost.

ratbag

as many have said here, it's not just testosterone that contributes to good libido, erections or great orgasms. It's all your hormones being balanced together. I can attest to this because the very same thing happened to me. First week on T I thought I was 16 again... then it disappeared. But since I'm hypopituitary and all my hormones needed adjusting it took another 2- 3 years of fine tuning all my hormones and suddenly it was all back! So I'm 60 now and as far as libido, erections and quality orgasms it's like I'm 16 again. I can have 2 even 3 orgasms a day. I don't remember that when I was 16. What we forget is that the process of aging means our hormone levels decline naturally and unevenly. Some hormones take more of a hit than others. Getting them balanced takes time and you need a good MD who has experience to do this. Patience is key as nothing happens quickly. This likely explains why 85% of TRT users stop after a period of time. The expectation is for a miracle and when it doesn't happen... it's over and they move on.

as many have said here, it's not just testosterone that contributes to good libido, erections or great orgasms. It's all your hormones being balanced together. I can attest to this because the very same thing happened to me. First week on T I thought I was 16 again... then it disappeared. But since I'm hypopituitary and all my hormones needed adjusting it took another 2- 3 years of fine tuning all my hormones and suddenly it was all back! So I'm 60 now and as far as libido, erections and quality orgasms it's like I'm 16 again. I can have 2 even 3 orgasms a day. I don't remember that when I was 16. What we forget is that the process of aging means our hormone levels decline naturally and unevenly. Some hormones take more of a hit than others. Getting them balanced takes time and you need a good MD who has experience to do this. Patience is key as nothing happens quickly. This likely explains why 85% of TRT users stop after a period of time. The expectation is for a miracle and when it doesn't happen... it's over and they move on.

I notice that libido, while always way better than pre TRT, tends to wax and wane. Some days it's off the chain and some days it's just good. Whenever my wife wants it, I am ready, even if the initial thought wasn't mine. I have recently upped my dose from 100mg per week to about 110 to see what the results would be. After a month, I notice increased strength, energy, and maybe a little muscle. The biggest change is libido. I was going to push it a little higher, but a libido that's too high is not a great thing for my wife. I am 63, wife 61,and we are having more sex and enjoying it more than when we got married 30 years ago. We are trying not to overdo it, but sex 4 times per week for the past year or so has been great for our health, relationship, and state of mind.

Libido is complicated and comes from a lot of different stimulation. I think that focusing on working out, diet, cardio, low body fat etc are all factors. The biggest thing I do is try to engage my wife in the process by flirting with her, praising her, and making her feel desired. A lot of times I think my libido is lagging and she gets horney and, voila, there's my libido. The trade off with my efforts is my praising of the wife has subtly caused her to get back to her weight of 30 years ago and able to fit into her wedding dress. After 30 years and 4 kids, this puts me in hog heaven.

I think too too many guys, myself included, worry about libido. If you're fortunate enough to have a partner, work on that. She can be a libido enhancer for you.

Last edited:

Vince

Super Moderator
One thing that's hard for my to understand. How can a woman is their 60s have so many orgasms, gone through menopause and be on no meds. I'm jealous. :)

One thing that's hard for my to understand. How can a woman is their 60s have so many orgasms, gone through menopause and be on no meds. I'm jealous. :)

Most women in their 60s can have orgasms, but are lacking in men their age that can give orgasms to them. The average time of penetration for men of all ages is 6 minutes. For guys in their 60s penetration is almost non existent, due to medical issues and ED. I do take ED meds, and they do help. However, I work out hard every day and take care of myself and this give me the extra I need for sex. I am very attracted to my wife and always found older women attractive and this is a bonus. Women need an average of 20minutes to attain orgasm at any age, and on most nights that's apiece of cake for me to provide her. Wouldn't be possible without meds, TRT, and a workout regimen that enhances this.

I gotta think, Vince, as a fit 60 year old who can deliver sexually, you can choose your partners as you wish. I feel fortunate that I have what I got at home.

Vince

Super Moderator
Most women in their 60s can have orgasms, but are lacking in men their age that can give orgasms to them. The average time of penetration for men of all ages is 6 minutes. For guys in their 60s penetration is almost non existent, due to medical issues and ED. I do take ED meds, and they do help. However, I work out hard every day and take care of myself and this give me the extra I need for sex. I am very attracted to my wife and always found older women attractive and this is a bonus. Women need an average of 20minutes to attain orgasm at any age, and on most nights that's apiece of cake for me to provide her. Wouldn't be possible without meds, TRT, and a workout regimen that enhances this.

I gotta think, Vince, as a fit 60 year old who can deliver sexually, you can choose your partners as you wish. I feel fortunate that I have what I got at home.

The lady I'm with now, I'll never let it go. I believe she is the right woman for me. I do know it will take the paper to keep her.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me