Am I having high estrogen symptoms?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Systemlord

For those that don't know my story I started TRT back in May and started out on 75 mg weekly and for 17 weeks felt pretty mediocre (low SHBG guy), so I contacted my doctor and doc agreed to increase my dose to 100 mg injected twice weekly and I did this for about 3 months, then based off a recommendation from a member here I made the decision to start injecting 25 mg EOD. It felt like the right move within the first week, when I made this move to inject EOD it felt as if all symptoms started improving rather quickly, erections, muscles, mood and energy went full throttle.

Ever since then (6 weeks ago) on and off I have felt as if a boa constrictor is wrapped around my chest on "occasion" and feel the need to breath in deeply and out slowly. I also had headaches on and off mostly at night for the last 3-4 weeks that seem mostly gone now. I've also noticed a lack of concentration, difficulty with memory, feeling a bit excited (alpha male) and can barely sit still. I've lost that calmness and focus I had before changing my protocol and just don't know if it's the increased energy (ADHD) that's making me feel rambunctious, high and edgy. Sleep is great though.

A week after protocol change BP was slightly elevated, still slightly elevated 2 weeks ago and I had my blood pressure taking today and it look spot on which seems to have stabilized. Two weeks ago I did have TT measured, it came in at 829 ng/dL and have never needed an AI, no HCG. Just don't know if this is my FT out of range or high E2, I'm going to make a list below of the symptoms I'm experiencing and would appreciate your opinions while I wait for labs.

Chest tightness on occasion.
Feeling tired, lack of energy.
Concentration issues, difficulty with memory.
Excited, high, edgy.

Much appreciated!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
E

Two weeks ago I did have TT measured, it came in at 829 ng/dL and have never needed an AI, no HCG. Just don't know if this is my FT out of range or high E2, I'm going to make a list below of the symptoms I'm experiencing and would appreciate your opinions while I wait for labs.

There isn't too much you can do until you get labs. I would follow your current protocol until you get the rest of your labs.

I hope you get it sorted out, for me EOD is still proving to be the best move Ive made thus far on TRT. Maybe you will need to increase you dose a little? If there was no high E2 at 100mg every 3.5 days I dont see how you would have a high E2 now. Best wait for a full set of labs to get the whole picture.

Systemlord

Is it at least possible that if E2 is high and inhibiting testosterone could this explain my sudden shift in high blood sugar readings I've been getting recently? I was typically getting 130 and now getting 185 in the mornings.

Speculation with no labs really isn't going to get you anywhere. Are you fasted ~12hrs for your labs? Water only? Ins't the glucose lab range 99?

For those that don't know my story I started TRT back in May and started out on 75 mg weekly and for 17 weeks felt pretty mediocre (low SHBG guy), so I contacted my doctor and doc agreed to increase my dose to 100 mg injected twice weekly and I did this for about 3 months, then based off a recommendation from a member here I made the decision to start injecting 25 mg EOD. It felt like the right move within the first week, when I made this move to inject EOD it felt as if all symptoms started improving rather quickly, erections, muscles, mood and energy went full throttle.

Ever since then (6 weeks ago) on and off I have felt as if a boa constrictor is wrapped around my chest on "occasion" and feel the need to breath in deeply and out slowly. I also had headaches on and off mostly at night for the last 3-4 weeks that seem mostly gone now. I've also noticed a lack of concentration, difficulty with memory, feeling a bit excited (alpha male) and can barely sit still. I've lost that calmness and focus I had before changing my protocol and just don't know if it's the increased energy (ADHD) that's making me feel rambunctious, high and edgy. Sleep is great though.

A week after protocol change BP was slightly elevated, still slightly elevated 2 weeks ago and I had my blood pressure taking today and it look spot on which seems to have stabilized. Two weeks ago I did have TT measured, it came in at 829 ng/dL and have never needed an AI, no HCG. Just don't know if this is my FT out of range or high E2, I'm going to make a list below of the symptoms I'm experiencing and would appreciate your opinions while I wait for labs.

Chest tightness on occasion.
Feeling tired, lack of energy.
Concentration issues, difficulty with memory.
Excited, high, edgy.

Much appreciated!

Systemloard your symptoms sound much more like anxiety than high E2. I've experienced both.

Has your stress lvl increased lately, job, sexlife, family? How is your self talk, good, negative, toxic negative?

I am sure high E2 effects everyone differently. I have had an E2 of 62 with a prolactin of 18 my TT was ~630, FT was 18 for about 3 months and all it did to
me was make me emotional and I would cry at any little thing. Emotions good and bad would trigger faster. I wasn't tired had no memory issues and breathing was fine. The only other thing I had that you did not mention I put on ~10 of water weight. I got a double chin and a pouchy look water bag between my abs. When exersizing it looked like I had 3 boobs. haha

Last edited:

Systemlord

Systemloard your symptoms sound much more like anxiety than high E2. I've experienced both.

Has your stress lvl increased lately, job, sexlife, family? How is your self talk, good, negative, toxic negative?

I am sure high E2 effects everyone differently. I have had an E2 of 62 with a prolactin of 18 my TT was ~630, FT was 18 for about 3 months and all it did to
me was make me emotional and I would cry at any little thing. Emotions good and bad would trigger faster. I wasn't tired had no memory issues and breathing was fine. The only other thing I had that you did not mention I put on ~10 of water weight. I got a double chin and a pouchy look water bag between my abs. When exersizing it looked like I had 3 boobs. haha

I've never experience anxiety before but when I do find myself in a stressful situation I have this horrible feeling when this uneasy feeling in my chest gets overwhelming like my chest is going to explode. Perhaps I never experience anxiety before for the fact I spent 30 years on Klonopin, if it is anxiety then it's something I never felt before. Lately my self talk has been toxic at times, I seem to be having periods where I feel fantastic and others days negativeness, but this has been going since I started TRT. It usually goes like this, I'll be sitting on the couch and all of a sudden I'll feel the anxiety come over me, and I have no clue why because emotionally I'm fine. I'm just sitting minding my own business and boom, I experience it yesterday while the nurse was taking my blood pressure. Strangely my heart rate and BP was perfect while I was feeling it.

It used to happen from week to week, now it's hours to hour where I could flip in either direction. My erections and all other symptom follow this pattern, but if I were to measure all improvements overall as time goes on the whole picture is looking better and better. I feel like it's taking a long time to reach full TRT effectiveness and every couple of months I seem to be breaking new ground. I don't have any of the more common symptoms of high E2 like water weight or man boobs, actually my man boobs are shrinking and I should be flat chested in no time. The men in my family are 6'ft strong arms/legs, no six pack or pecks.

I believe it is anxiety from everything I've read so far.

Last edited:

Saul

Sound like anxiety to me. Happens to everyone now and again and having some anxiety at the right times is normal.

As Feelinglost asked, do you have any current triggers or events going on that would explain your anxiety? If so, that is probably the source.

That being said, in my personal opinion and from reading here and others, having your hormones at proper levels or out of wack can affect mood and it follows that for some people it could induce or reduce anxiety. I don't know how to get your levels right for you.

How long have you been off Klonopin? Could your feelings be the result of not being on Klonopin, meaning this is just how you feel when off of Klonopin? If so, there you have it. And you could go back on the drug or just live with the feeling and deal with it in ways that do not include medication.

Systemlord

Sound like anxiety to me. Happens to everyone now and again and having some anxiety at the right times is normal.

As Feelinglost asked, do you have any current triggers or events going on that would explain your anxiety? If so, that is probably the source.

That being said, in my personal opinion and from reading here and others, having your hormones at proper levels or out of wack can affect mood and it follows that for some people it could induce or reduce anxiety. I don't know how to get your levels right for you.

How long have you been off Klonopin? Could your feelings be the result of not being on Klonopin, meaning this is just how you feel when off of Klonopin? If so, there you have it. And you could go back on the drug or just live with the feeling and deal with it in ways that do not include medication.

No triggers, absolutely nothing brings on the anxiety, I'll be sitting watching TV and after awhile I'll notice my chest feels tight and my breathing is long and deep, I'll think to myself why...? I've been off the Klonopin for 2 years, I tapered slowly. I was taking Klonopin for tourette syndrome which I no long experience symptoms. It sounds like my hormones even after 6 weeks after a protocol change are still out of whack, my understanding is it take 4-6 weeks for blood levels to stabilise, I'm guessing it takes longer for you to actually feel different after blood levels reach a balance.

No triggers, absolutely nothing brings on the anxiety, I'll be sitting watching TV and after awhile I'll notice my chest feels tight and my breathing is long and deep, I'll think to myself why...? I've been off the Klonopin for 2 years, I tapered slowly. I was taking Klonopin for tourette syndrome which I no long experience symptoms. It sounds like my hormones even after 6 weeks after a protocol change are still out of whack, my understanding is it take 4-6 weeks for blood levels to stabilise, I'm guessing it takes longer for you to actually feel different after blood levels reach a balance.

My anxiety would come on the same way. It was 8pm on the dot every evening and I was just watching TV. No other triggers. I used to watch the clock and dreaded 8pm.
I did nothing and my anxiety got much worse. I ended up in the emergency room and for no reason I could identify my anxiety was now 24/7 full brain alarm panic.
I sat in a chair and watched the clock so I could take another lorazapam (sp?) I went and talked to a professional. Turned out I had acid selftalk and my brain had just had enough. I had an EMDR treatment that helped me built a wall in my brain that helps me to not go to that negative place. I also found exersize would keep the anxiety monster away. I set up a stationary bike next to my living room chair and at the first bad feeling I would start riding and within 5 minutes the feeling would be gone.
I was then able to get off the anxiety pills.

hth

ratbag

I had this feeling too but I had no idea what caused it. I don't have it anymore... I know this isn't helping much other than it was hormonal and it might have been high E2 as I did have that problem in the beginning. It felt like an elephant was sitting on my chest and when I sneezed my chest would hurt too. As has been mentioned, you really need labs to continue.

Systemlord

Well results are in and I have high E2 (45 pg/mL), it's not crazy high but it's enough to have weakened my erections the last few weeks, ache around head and face and feel as if my head is in a bubble not to mention anxiety. I injected yesterday morning and 12 hours later I started experiencing that anxiety again last night and it's still with me as if it's still building. The last few weeks I've wondered if TRT has stopped working and I just don't have that good feeling I had before I made the move to inject EOD (previously twice weekly) on the same 100 mg weekly dosage, injecting more often must have sent me past my sweet spot.

I haven't spoke with my doctor yet but I was wondering if reducing my dosage 10mg will be enough or perhaps maybe I should reduce it 20mg to give myself a buffer, if I didn't have so many symptoms perhaps I could get away with a small change but erections are suffering. I believe the 800 range to be a little too high for me and this feeling I have that something just doesn't feel right, it feels wrong on so many levels. It's been 7 weeks since I switched to EOD, I felt great for the first 3 weeks. Pre-TRT labs showed E2 undetectable.

Suggestions needed. 10mg or 20mg reduction?

E2 = 45 pg.mL 7.0 -42 pg.mL
Total T = 859 ng/dL * 240-871 ng/dL
Free T = 25.8 ng/dL * 7-36 ng/dL
SHBG = 19 * 11-78 nmol/L

Much appreciated!

Last edited:

ratbag

I wouldn't say your FT is high. So I don't think lowering test will keep you feeling good. How about a tiny amount of AI once per week? Like .125mg

Systemlord

I wouldn't say your FT is high. So I don't think lowering test will keep you feeling good. How about a tiny amount of AI once per week? Like .125mg

Doctor will not prescribe AI without first attempting to lower dose, my only way forward is backwards. I don't believe I'm too far past my sweet spot and if I can manage without an AI that would be great.

Saul

Doctor will not prescribe AI without first attempting to lower dose, my only way forward is backwards. I don't believe I'm too far past my sweet spot and if I can manage without an AI that would be great.

I would reduce your dose and see how you feel. It is not going to hurt you. You said you had a time when you were feeling better. Maybe you just do better with T and E2 a bit lower. I can't complain about how I feel when my T in the trough is ~650. Maybe I would feel better if it was higher. You are learning a lot about your body and how you react and feel. It is good you are keeping records.

Systemlord

I would reduce your dose and see how you feel. It is not going to hurt you. You said you had a time when you were feeling better. Maybe you just do better with T and E2 a bit lower. I can't complain about how I feel when my T in the trough is ~650. Maybe I would feel better if it was higher. You are learning a lot about your body and how you react and feel. It is good you are keeping records.

I felt pretty good in the 500 range on weekly (75mg) injections, but felt low towards end of week. When I was only twice weekly I felt good mentally all the time than when I switched to EOD the first 3 weeks were great. I wish I had found out where I was when I was doing 100mg twice weekly, how much could my levels have risen going to EOD on same dosage? It can't be all that much. Two weeks after the switch to EOD is when I scored 830 ng/dL, then symptoms began after that point.

Systemlord

Guys do to my recent labs indicating high E2 I started taking a supplement called calcium D glucarate 500mg 3 times daily for 3 days, is it at all possible I could have crashed my E2 levels? After a day of taking it erections returned and symptoms mostly vanished, today now I'm feeling low E2. For those that do not know calcium-d-glucarate rids the body of excess estrogens.

Guys do to my recent labs indicating high E2 I started taking a supplement called calcium D glucarate 500mg 3 times daily for 3 days, is it at all possible I could have crashed my E2 levels? After a day of taking it erections returned and symptoms mostly vanished, today now I'm feeling low E2. For those that do not know calcium-d-glucarate rids the body of excess estrogens.

Did I miss your latest blood test post?
As to your question. No I don't think you crashed your E2 with this OTC supplement.
From webMD
[h=4]How does it work?
Calcium D-glucarate might lower estrogen levels, and this is thought to be helpful in treating some people with hormone-dependent cancers. There isn't enough evidence to support the use of calcium D-glucarate for preventing cancer in humans.[/b]

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me