Am I hypothyroid?

Buy Lab Tests Online

JBone

Serum cortisol (blood) is good for cushings and addisons. So it can at least rule that out. Remember that addisons has an autoimmune component to it. For cortisol insufficiency only diurnal saliva labs work.

So your high cortisol in the morning are they going to do other tests? Perhaps you do have cushings.

yes, I see the endo on Thursday. talked to them today about this after I got results.
I've been thinking this is a possblilty even though very rare.
the symptoms line up more with this than anything else. also, from how I feel, I really don't think cortisol levels go down at all during the day or night. I guess i'll find out.
I can't wait to find out, good or bad.
thanks

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

JBone

Endo thinks I have Cushings. I now have to do saliva and urine tests. I'm not sure how that is done yet. She said something about 11pm saliva and 1 am saliva. Supposed to take dexamethasone some how with that. I'm gonna have to call and get better instructions cuz I don't want to screw this up.

JBone

Confused and worried so far.
Serum am blood was above range
24 hour urine was below range.
Haven’t gotten 11 pm saliva test back yet.
Dexamethasone test worked as normal. It greatly lowered am cortisol. Not sure if that effects both pituitary and adrenal.
If things aren’t apparent after these results to carry on, I’m being sent back to GP with whom I’ve gotten nowhere with this. Pretty scared. At this point just want an answer and recovery is secondary.

JBone

I am having Pituitary MRI on Thursday.
My 24 hour urine actually came up high. Had it confused with dexamethasone urine test. Also endo said my cortisol should have been lower after dexamethasone blood test.
Also, What does TSH of 3.02 and lower than range T4 and low T3 indicate? Could that be a pituitary issue considering that with TSH should actually be higher with low T4 levels?

ratbag

Careful it looks like your MD is chasing windmills. Every endo always expects to see pit damage to support the numbers he doesn't understand. Yet most people who have HPTA dysfunction have normal looking pituitaries. If you go read some of the articles about this it shows that some people can acquire HPTA dysfunction from a light knock on the head whereas others can be beaten on the head for years (like boxers) and have no issues. Yet endos still try to look for physical damages to justify your low hormone levels. Who really cares... good HRT MD's just have to look at your symptoms and labs to pronounce you with HPTA dysfunction. And why you have some form of HPTA dysfunction is anyones guess.

JBone

She’s looking for a tumor. I had a MRI 6 years ago and there was something there but I felt good so there was no worry.
Now I don’t feel good.
I was also wondering though that if your TSH doesn’t rise very high with low T4 and T3, that could be a pituitary issue right?

JBone

.. good HRT MD's just have to look at your symptoms and labs to pronounce you with HPTA dysfunction. And why you have some form of HPTA dysfunction is anyones guess.[/QUOTE]

I just read this again, This really makes sense. I got nowhere with endo but she had to know there is HPTA dysfunction somewhere. She didn’t see a tumor but admitted the reason for the MRI was of because of my low T4 in the face of normal TSH.
I just messaged her and told her I’m clearly secondary hypothyroid because of symptoms and numbers. I asked her why she won’t diagnose and treat this. I told her I could have been treated and fixed by now. I wonder if she’ll even respond.
Need to find the right dr obviously.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching