Self-Testing in NY, Illegal, But...

Buy Lab Tests Online

CoastWatcher

As has been discussed here before, there are a handful of states, NY, NJ, MA, VT, HI, NH, ME and RI, that don't permit people to obtain their own lab tests without a doctor's order. However, it's come to my attention, through my doctor's practice in downtown Toronto - she has a number of patients who use the services of Discountedlabs.com, that men have successfully been self testing in New York, near the US/Canadian border (Rochester, Buffalo, Amherst). It's far from Manhattan and in every case the individual had studied the order that he'd obtained, had memorized the name of the physician on the order, and approached the reception desk with confidence. So...will this work for those in western and upstate New York, and those Canadian members who (like me) have tested in other, less convenient locations? It may be worth a try.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Re-Ride

Can't self test in NY, must have MD order so pt obtains said order (MD order?) but then memorizes it instead of presenting it. What am I missing?

What lab in any state will not require an order via fax, electronic or phone. Labcorp? Astounding that anyone would travel any distance to perform in what's become the Labcorp circus. Decades no problem here in NorCal. Then the good people left and were replaced by immigrants. One popular doc on here faxed multiple times and called. "Never heard of that test." So he gave them the test code. No luck. That was the last straw following all the many other bizarre f-k ups by Labcorp I've reported here. If this isn't your experience yet just give it time.

davidrn

I am an exception to the rule, since I am known to many of the lab tech's in my area. I use Discounted labs myself, and there is an MD name on it from Florida. A lab tech was drawing me, and said. "This is your winter MD?", she knows I am retired now, and just assumed that to be the case. I don't correct anyone, I just mention I use the LabCorp patient portal and send copies of all my labs to my other 3 MDs. Even though self ordered labs in Massachusetts are illegal, haven't had an issue yet, because there is an MD name on the order slip.

I am an exception to the rule, since I am known to many of the lab tech's in my area. I use Discounted labs myself, and there is an MD name on it from Florida. A lab tech was drawing me, and said. "This is your winter MD?", she knows I am retired now, and just assumed that to be the case. I don't correct anyone, I just mention I use the LabCorp patient portal and send copies of all my labs to my other 3 MDs. Even though self ordered labs in Massachusetts are illegal, haven't had an issue yet, because there is an MD name on the order slip.

I've had similar happen, although it's not illegal in my state, the tech was just confused. He asked if I was originally from Florida so I explained why I used telemedicine and gave a good complaint about "those damned insurance companies" and of course he joined in.

Most medical people will take any chance they can to bitch about insurance companies, which will divert them from your prepaid lab order.

CoastWatcher

Can't self test in NY, must have MD order so pt obtains said order (MD order?) but then memorizes it instead of presenting it. What am I missing?

What lab in any state will not require an order via fax, electronic or phone. Labcorp? Astounding that anyone would travel any distance to perform in what's become the Labcorp circus. Decades no problem here in NorCal. Then the good people left and were replaced by immigrants. One popular doc on here faxed multiple times and called. "Never heard of that test." So he gave them the test code. No luck. That was the last straw following all the many other bizarre f-k ups by Labcorp I've reported here. If this isn't your experience yet just give it time.

When I referenced the memorized name on the lab order, I simply meant be familiar with the ordering physician's name, th city in which he practices, and so forth. All of that is clearly present on a Discountedlabs.com lab order, yet few members, Inwould guess, pay that information any mind. Where the process breaks down, for self testing patients working in a state where the practice is prohibited by statute, is when the receptionist asks, "Who is your doctor?" If answered calmly the process may well be completed smoothly.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me