Need help T-prop to T-cyp

Buy Lab Tests Online

spoudaios

Hi guys,

Need some help from those who have been on TRT for a while. Thanks a bunch!

39-year old man with hypogonadism, been on T-prop for 2 years now but will be switching to T-cyp next week.

All blood work normal although sex drive is hit and miss. Will request repeat blood work through PCP after T-cyp has reached steady state. As of now, PSA normal, Hct normal.

My current protocol:
T-prop: 40 mg 3x/week Tue, Thurs, Sat
Arimidex: 0.25 mg 2x/week Mon/Thurs
hcg: 250 IU 3x per week Wed, Fri, Sun

My last total T blood work done on Monday was 370. I should have done it on Tuesday morning before my scheduled T-prop but it was drawn at doc's office after my visit. But it would have been lower, had it been drawn on Tuesday morning.

My PCP gives me T-cyp 200 mg/week to use but I think 200 mg/week will be a bit much. I am thinking of starting with 150 or 175 mg/week since I am also on hcg.

Questions:
1. Any specific recommendation as to dosage?
2. Do I inject once or twice a week?
3. If I inject twice a week, what days do you recommend? Then when do I do blood work?
4. How and when to dose hcg and arimidex?

Thanks guys
Jonathan

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
I would stay the same 120mg though Prop and Cyp don't exactly convert that way, 120mg Cyp is a very common dose and I would do E3.5D, Mon Am and Thurs PM. Do not use any AI at this time, and do bloods on a Mon AM before your shot.
HCG is a real toss up, 250 IU on shot days or the day before your shot, would be a fair recommendation.

Systemlord

How long is a while, 6 months, 1 year? I've been on TRT for 8 months and still going slow but making progress all the time. The hit and miss comment suggests you're not dialed in yet.

Vince

Super Moderator
My opinion would be, inject 80 milligrams of testosterone cypionate and 500 IU of HCG every three and a half days. Use an Easy Touch syringe either 27g 1/2" or 29g 1/2" for a nice shallow IM.

spoudaios

Thanks guys.

I have been on T.prop for 2 years. Sex drive and erection have always been an issue. Never got it dialed in 100% even when the numbers were good (estradiol in mid 20s, Test in high 900s, etc).

I don't understand with the lower dosage of cypionate recommendation. I thought that cypionate ester has less testosterone compared to propionate. Therefore if I currently use 120 mg per week of T.prop with only 370 total test trough, doesn;t that mean I have to use a bit more T.cyp per week?

Its a place to start, prop and cyp aren't linear that you can draw a line where Prop gave you this # and Cyp will give you another #. No one can say how you'll react to Cypionate.

spoudaios

That makes sense. I think I will start with 60 mg twice a week of T.cyp

As far as checking the trough, that will be 4 weeks after I have been on it and it will be on Monday before my shot, correct?
(assuming I will do Monday am and Thursday pm injection)

Mon AM/Thurs PM is the most common and just me personally I do labs first thing in the AM so that means Monday in this scheme, I would try and go to 6 weeks since it's a pretty significant change youre making.

CoastWatcher

Mon AM/Thurs PM is the most common and just me personally I do labs first thing in the AM so that means Monday in this scheme, I would try and go to 6 weeks since it's a pretty significant change youre making.
Do try to hang on for six weeks. A phrase I've heard that makes a lot of sense is that, when it comes to testing, four weeks is the minimum, five is better, six is ideal.

madman

Super Moderator
Prop is too fast acting to be on a 3d/week protocol that's a DR that isnt working in the half-life of it

Exactly prop is best used EOD or daily and injecting 3 days/week will result in unstable test levels due to its half life. He is injecting 50mg Tues/Thurs/Sat so basically 72hrs between injections from Saturday to Tuesday horrible protocol for prop.

spoudaios

If I do T cyp Mon am/Thurs pm, when should i do my hcg 250 IU 3x per week? I use this for testicular atrophy
And if i need arimidex 0.25 mg twice a week, when do I take it?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me