Anyone know about Genetic Predisposition Test

Buy Lab Tests Online

Starplex

My wife took this test through our GP who recommended it based on his research and workings with another doctor. Apparently a vetted lab an practice, I don't have the name of it just yet. I will say that I think highly of my Doc and don't think he is a quack, but this testing is new to me. Basically they take blood and do a full DNA profile and then match that data against triggers based on your DNA, such as Lupus, Aneurysm, Lung Problems, etc.

Her test came back with some very concerning triggers. So now they are planning on running all sorts of new tests on her, such as a scope down her throat, MRI, etc.

Her only previous issue was getting her Thyroid straightened out and she does the standard Full Lab profile twice a year.

So, what is your take on this Genetic Predisposition Test. Here is a link to one that describes the details. This isn't necessarily the one she is using. https://www.ibdna.com/tests/genetic-predisposition-dna-testing/

I guess the non-intrusive testing can't hurt anything, but it sure has her somewhat concerned now and me too. Obviously, if insurance wasn't involved, I don't know that we would be going down this road.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
I wouldn't alter my lifestyle or seek treatment based on any of that, seems like solutions that are looking for problems if you know what I mean. I'm adopted with no family history to speak of healthwise and I would never try one of these things, I think it's better to now know, for one, and to just stay on my health with checkups and blood work. I don't know how I'd react if something like that came back and said I was predisposed to Cancer of the X or something like that.

CoastWatcher

I wouldn't alter my lifestyle or seek treatment based on any of that, seems like solutions that are looking for problems if you know what I mean. I'm adopted with no family history to speak of healthwise and I would never try one of these things, I think it's better to now know, for one, and to just stay on my health with checkups and blood work. I don't know how I'd react if something like that came back and said I was predisposed to Cancer of the X or something like that.

Like my good friend, Vince Carter, I would be uneasy taking such a test. I have a number of inherited medical issues, hypogonadism being one of them, and in each case I adapted when diagnosed. I also know that heart disease is in my line, as is (more weakly) cancer. I do what I can to lead a healthy life...I'd be battling anxiety if the odds could be quantified in some way in regard to Cancer X. Knowledge is power, I realize. But...

Vince

Super Moderator
I think this is similar to the 23and me test. I know people you use this test and find out what type of illnesses they may be more likely to get. Then take preventative measures.

Starplex

Thanks guys for the responses. Since the test is already done I guess she will follow thru with the other remaining tests. And Vince you are exactly right, it is simply to determine if preventative measures are required.

Starplex

Just thought I would post an update. First Chest Scan is complete and everything looked normal. Was looking for any signs of clotting and overall lung condition. Urinalysis also came back with good results.

Next two tests are Leg/Body scan's to look at Vein health and possibility of vein expansion and any clotting.
Then Esophagus oscopy, not sure what that is called, it is a scope down the throat.

These will happen after Christmas. Merry Christmas to you Guys!!

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me