Royal Men's Medical Center

Hello,
    Im just getting started in TRT and would like to here about anyones experience with Royal Men's Medical Center. Good or bad.
    I have already done my labs and physical and am waiting for the Doctor consult before getting started.

I am 51 yrs old, 6' 4", 440 lbs and other than the weight I have no other physical problems other than low testoserone symptoms of low energy, low libido, weak erections, depressed, moody, increased body fat.

Lab results are:
    Testoserone, Serum 256 ng/dl 264 - 916
    LH 6.2 mIU/mL 1.7 - 8.6
    Estradiol 27.9 pg/ml 7.6 - 42.6
    TSH T4 1.590 uIU/ml 0.450 - 4.500
    PSA 0.5 ng/mL 0.0 - 4.0
    Hemacrit 39.4 % 37.5 - 51.0
    Hemoglobin 13.5 g/dL 13.0 - 17.7
    Total Cholesterol 194

*Free testoserone was not tested for whatever reason.

What should I look out for or ask the doc during my consult?

Any and all advice is welcomed....and yes I know I need to lose weight.

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by BigD; 11-28-2017 at 02:31 PM.

2. # ADS
    Purchase From Our Affiliates
    Help Excelmale

Defy

Quote Originally Posted by BigD View Post
    Hello,
    Im just getting started in TRT and would like to here about anyones experience with Royal Men's Medical Center. Good or bad.
    I have already done my labs and physical and am waiting for the Doctor consult before getting started.

I am 51 yrs old, 6' 4", 440 lbs and other than the weight I have no other physical problems other than low testoserone symptoms of low energy, low libido, weak erections, depressed, moody, increased body fat.

Lab results are:
    Testoserone, Serum 256 ng/dl 264 - 916
    LH 6.2 mIU/mL 1.7 - 8.6
    Estradiol 27.9 pg/ml 7.6 - 42.6
    TSH 1.590 uIU/ml 0.450 - 4.500
    PSA 0.5 ng/mL 0.0 - 4.0
    Hemacrit 39.4 % 37.5 - 51.0
    Hemoglobin 13.5 g/dL 13.0 - 17.7
    Total Cholesterol 194

*Free testoserone was not tested for whatever reason.

What should I look out for or ask the doc during my consult?

Any and all advice is welcomed....and yes I know I need to lose weight.

Thank you in advance.
    Well, the ran the incorrect test for estradiol (the reference range is a dead giveaway). This thread explains why only the LC, MS/MS assay should be employed. https://www.excelmale.com/showthread...us-Endorsement

They didn't run Free Testosterone. They didn't run SHBG. They didn't run DHT or DHEA. Prolactin doesn't appear to have been measured. Your thyroid was evaluated, but should have been further checked with ft3, ft4, rt3, and the antibody panels. In short...not a complete workup. That, in and of itself, should raise some questions in your mind.
    I am not a physician. Comments offered here are for discussion purposes only. Please consult your doctor before initiating, changing, or stopping any therapy.

They did specify the thyroid as Free T4 TSH 1.590 uIU/ml 0.450 - 4.500 I just didnt type it in. Sorry. But as for the others, yes I dont know why they didnt.

I dont know which tests needs to be run and which are not. Hence my question.

Thank you for the help!

Maybe check this out as well......
    We want you to get the best treatment available.

https://www.excelmale.com/showthread...6264#post76264

Thaks for the thread.

Don't do it BigD call one of the sponsors of this forum. I promise you won't regret it.
    This Royal whatever sounds like a T-mill pellet shop.

Quote Originally Posted by FeelingLost View Post
    Don't do it BigD call one of the sponsors of this forum. I promise you won't regret it.
    This Royal whatever sounds like a T-mill pellet shop.
    Start with Defy Medical and Prime Body. They are site sponsors, but I am not a patient (I'm a Canadian) and have no vested interest in their success. Many of our members here are patients of one or the other of these national practices (who do not participate in any insurance network). Defy is a tele-health practice and can treat you no matter where you live in the US. The medical director, Dr. Justin Saya is one of the leading doctors in the field of men's health. He is a member here, a moderator (put "Saya" in the search box to read some of his contributions). Call them - they may not be as expensive as you fear and they will answer all the hard questions about cost and treatment delivery. No pressure.

Prime Body operates on a different model, and I'd be astonished if they didn't have a local physician in the Dallas area. Call them, ask them the same hard questions. They won't duck any of them. Again, they may not be as expensive as you fear. You should contact both to get some sense of the cost you would be absorbing.
    I am not a physician. Comments offered here are for discussion purposes only. Please consult your doctor before initiating, changing, or stopping any therapy.

Thread Information