Dhea

Buy Lab Tests Online

JayLay777

Does anybody know if taking supplemental dhea suppresses you’re own bodies dhea production or testosterone production? Or is Dhea not controlled by a feedback loop like testosterone is?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Most people have there DHEA tested and supplement if required. My doc likes 300 as a target.
I would not supplement without a blood test. DHEA is not a vitamin.

Vince

Super Moderator
For men DHEA will convert some testosterone into estrogen. I only supplement to keep my levels in the normal range. Supplementing with DHEA will not lower your own DHEA.

DHEA′s most overlooked but vital role may be its relationship with cortisol. DHEA has an inverse relationship to cortisol, i.e. when DHEA is low cortisol levels are elevated and vice-versa. Cortisol is one of the few hormones that increases with age. Cortisol is known to induce stress and when levels are elevated for long periods many bodily functions are negatively affected. For example, the body may become more insulin resistant and damage to the endocrine system via damage to the hypothalamus may occur. Maintaining healthy DHEA levels while keeping coritisol levels under control may help slow physical aging and reduce stress.
​http://www.virileplex.com/DHEA.htm
[SUB][/SUB]

Davet

DHEA ....as Vince points out it always one to watch...that and thyroid can really help with feeling good and benefiting from your protocol....def no feedback loop with DHEA........just have to watch it doesn't take the E pathway.

madman

Super Moderator
If it can convert into T I'm surprised more men aren't using it instead of going on trt.

As was stated in a previous post that you had regarding dhea it has been shown in studies to increase testosterone in women but not in men and if anything in men can cause excess e2.

Vince

Super Moderator
As was stated in a previous post that you had regarding dhea it has been shown in studies to increase testosterone in women but not in men and if anything in men can cause excess e2.
I agree dhea increases T in women and E2 in men, so don't over supplement dhea. Just keep it in a good range.

Will Brink

Does anybody know if taking supplemental dhea suppresses you're own bodies dhea production or testosterone production? Or is Dhea not controlled by a feedback loop like testosterone is?

like TRT, if your DHEA is not low, why bother? If it is, seems like a moot issue. T does suppress DHEA production via feedback loop, and DHEA commonly used with TRT, but that's using lab values to decide.

captain

Dr. Crisler claims DHEA is where to look if you have low libido. I have my DHEAs over range and have no increase in E2. I agree it does increase libido. He claims those on AI can take their levels even higher to get the effect. From what I have read it looks like its the DHEA metabolite Androstenedione that is connected to sexual attraction, levels of aggression and competition.

ratbag

DHEA is also one of those calming hormones and can make you feel good, better about life etc. For me it also helped reduce anxiety and was huge improvement to my protocol. However some here report the opposite. My labs showed I was very low on DHEA so my MD suggested I start supping it. If your low and taking it makes you feel better I'd be inclined to think that it's beneficial to you.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me