Looking for a good bone broth powder.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Vince

Super Moderator
After reading feelinglost thread and posting about bone broth and doing some research. I feel it's something I need to add to my War Chest of supplements. Does anyone use bone broth powder or have any recommendations or opinions.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

stevep

If you want to be a bit rambunctious here is a link to make your own.

If you don't have venison get some bones from the butcher: https://honest-food.net/venison-stock/

----------------

This is a rich venison broth that can stand alone as a broth for pasta or, if you clarify it later, as a consomme. It’s stronger in flavor than stock, so if you use it as a base for stews or soups, remember that — and label your jars accordingly. Making a good stock or broth is an all-day deal. Don’t take shortcuts, or your broth will suffer. Relax and let things happen as they will.

Course: Soup
Cuisine: American
Serves: 1 gallon
Author: Hank Shaw

Ingredients

• 4 pounds venison bones, with some meat on them
  • 4 tablespoons olive oil
  • Salt
  • 1 tablespoon crushed juniper berries (optional)
  • 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
  • 1 tablespoon crushed black peppercorns
  • 1 tablespoon dried thyme
  • 4 bay leaves
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 2 large carrots chopped
  • 2 celery sticks chopped
  • About 1/2 of a bunch of parsley chopped

Instructions

• Coat the bones with olive oil and salt well, then roast in a 400°F oven until brown. If you can stand it, keep some meat on the bones — trim and shanks are ideal for this. It will make a better broth. Put the bones in a large stockpot. I saw the bones into large pieces with a hacksaw; this lets me fit more bones into the pot, again, making a richer broth. Cover with water and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
  • Skim the froth that forms on the surface and simmer very gently for at least 4 hours; I let it go overnight. You want the broth to steam and burble a little, not roil.
  • Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for another 2 hours.
  • Using tongs, grab out all the bones and large bits and discard. Set a paper towel in a fine-mesh sieve that is itself set over another large pot. Ladle the venison broth through the cheesecloth-lined sieve. Discard the dregs in the broth pot, with will be loaded with sediment and other bits.
  • Add salt to taste to the clarified broth and pour into quart jars and freeze (or pressure-can — you cannot can broth in boiling water). If you freeze, leave about 2 inches of space at the top of the jar or the jars will crack when the broth freezes. Use within a year.

Vince

Super Moderator
I'm looking at
Bone Broth Powder – Pure Protein Organics 5lb refill
price at $104.95

• Cold water soluble – Easy to mix – Mix in protein shakes, smoothies or juice
  • Grass-fed pasture raised. No hormones, No antibiotics, organic
  • Support joints, skin, muscles, digestion, and reduces signs of wrinkles and aging
  • Rapid absorption. Helps regulate the body's metabolism
  • Dairy Free, Soy Free, Grain Free, Gluten Free and Unflavored

Sean Mosher

I use the same one FeelingLost uses.
I get the chocolate flavor and mix it with my post workout protein shake.
Can't really taste a difference honestly.

Saxon

Vince,

You really need to either make it yourself or buy it from someone. The broth is full of gelatin/glucosamine/condroitin, and other vitamins and minerals that probably won't be available in pure powder form unless it's a REALLY expensive freeze dried product. PM me if you want some assistance. I had a sick child that needed good gelatin/broth to heal and we learned to make great gelatin/broth

Vince

Super Moderator
Vince,

You really need to either make it yourself or buy it from someone. The broth is full of gelatin/glucosamine/condroitin, and other vitamins and minerals that probably won't be available in pure powder form unless it's a REALLY expensive freeze dried product. PM me if you want some assistance. I had a sick child that needed good gelatin/broth to heal and we learned to make great gelatin/broth
Saxon, that's very kind of you to offer. But I don't have the time or discipline to cook the broth. If you would like to post the recipe or PM it, I will give it to my girlfriend. She does enjoy cooking for me.

I'm looking at
Bone Broth Powder – Pure Protein Organics 5lb refill
price at $104.95

• Cold water soluble – Easy to mix – Mix in protein shakes, smoothies or juice
  • Grass-fed pasture raised. No hormones, No antibiotics, organic
  • Support joints, skin, muscles, digestion, and reduces signs of wrinkles and aging
  • Rapid absorption. Helps regulate the body's metabolism
  • Dairy Free, Soy Free, Grain Free, Gluten Free and Unflavored

21 bucks a pound that is not a bad price and I love the bulk sizing. Do you have a link Vince?
I might try this once my other two run out.

el_vogel

I keep an 8 lb bag of Great Lakes hydrolyzed collagen in my cupboard, and put a scoop or two in my coffee daily.
greatlakesgelatin dot com is the site.

Re-Ride

Vince,

Exactly! Self test: Fast 12 hours then consume the salted processed powder. Note the speed, extent of recovery and how long you feel satisfied. Repeat by consuming fresh whole broth.

Prep time is minimal. Instapot is the rage. Personally I find the combination of a portable induction hob and a modern stainless pressure cooker such as Fagor to be indispensable for its effortless clean-up, preservation of nutrition, consistent results, timer, precise automatic control, Flavor and nutrition are concentrated in a pressure cooker. Kitchen remains cool, clean, free of steam and odors.

Real pressure cookers cook at a higher pressure compared with instant pot allowing great results in about three hours where a nice gel sets up after cooling. Try both before deciding. Pack the bones in tight. A mixture of beef and chicken bones may be used, frozen or not. Large bones are good for more than one use. Freeze and re-use.
https://autoimmunewellness.com/pressure-cooker-bone-broth/

A pressure cooker doubles as a regular pot. It can cook at low like a slow cooker or be used for healthier re-heating instead of a microwave. A 6 or 8 qt qt stores easily as does the induction hob. My hob gets used as a trivet too so no wasted counter space.

Vince

Super Moderator
I think I need to add leucine with my bone broth powder. I haven't supplemented with leucine for some time and I know important it is for muscle growth.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me