Erectile Dysfunction and Osteoporosis: An Association

Buy Lab Tests Online

CoastWatcher

Sexual dysfunction in general and erectile dysfunction (ED) in particular significantly affect men's quality of life. It has been observed clinically that some patients who have ED, also develop osteoporosis. In this study Prague researchers investigated the relationship between erectile dysfunction and osteoporosis in men.

• Ninety-five men with erectile dysfunction and 82 men with normal sexual function were included in the study.
  • The men's sexual functions were evaluated by International Index of Erectile Function-5 items (IIEF-5).
  • All men received a Dual Energy X-ray Absorptiometry (DEXA; Hologic) scan to measure bone mineral density (BMD) for osteoporosis.
  • The men who have erectile dysfunction were at more risk for osteoporosis.
  • The results of the present study demonstrate that the men with erectile dysfunction have low bone mineral density and they are at higher risk for osteoporosis. Because of easy and noninvasive evaluation of osteoporosis, patients with ED should be checked for bone mineral density and osteoporotic male subjects should be evaluated for ED.

"Possible association between erectile dysfunction and osteoporosis in men," Prague Medical Report, 2015, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25923967

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

FOX1

I was put on TRT due to Low Free Testosterone after having a DEXA Scan to check Bone Density, The DEXA Scan showed that I had "OSTEOPINIA" which is the onset of Osteoporosis.

I had an Injury in 1999 to my Shoulder which resulted in damage to my medium & Axillary Nerves, after 2 years as well as Nerve conduction Tests it was Proven these Nerves were dead and would not grow back (they grow back at 1mm per day if going to grow back). Due to this, from 1999 onwards I had a Numb Badge around the top deltoid of my shoulder and pain which was controlled by opiate medication (MST) morphine.

OPIATE MEDICATION LOWERS TESTOSTERONE (very little was known about this in 1999)

During 2014 I fractured both my neck & back - C6 & T7; T8, was also told I may not walk again!!!!
During recovery & research, a DEXA scan was carried out and the bone clinic wanted to start me on bisphosphonates, it was my own research and requests to have my testosterone checked that found Low Free Testosterone, this was carried out private.
My Surgeons checked results and agreed I should start TRT, if I had not carried out my own research I would have been on bisphosphonate medication. (Be careful, you may still have good erections but still have osteoporosis, or the onset as I found out).
How do you get Osteoporosis / Osteopenia (In my case Osteopenia the onset of Osteoporosis)
** Opiate medication
** Low Calcium / Vit D
** Low Sunlight (Living in Scotland)
** Nightshift Working (2 - 3 weeks at a time working on oil rigs)
** Poor diet
If found early enough, this can be turned around, with TRT, Good healthy food, Vitamins and Heavy strenuous work outs, Ideally with free weights, I receive my next DEXA Scan early 2018 and expect to see a turn around in bone density.

ALSO NOTE;
for 17 years I lived with damaged Axillary & Medium Nerves to shoulder which would not grow back and I had a full numb badge sensation (no feeling). Since starting TRT (18 months) I have regained full feeling in my shoulder !!!!!!!!!!

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me