A Review of the Effects of Curcurmin (Turmeric)

Buy Lab Tests Online

Jinzang

The conclusion of the review says:

Curcumin has received worldwide attention for its multiple health benefits, which appear to act primarily through its anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory mechanisms. These benefits are best achieved when curcumin is combined with agents such as piperine, which increase its bioavailability significantly. Research suggests that curcumin can help in the management of oxidative and inflammatory conditions, metabolic syndrome, arthritis, anxiety, and hyperlipidemia. It may also help in the management of exercise-induced inflammation and muscle soreness, thus enhancing recovery and subsequent performance in active people. In addition, a relatively low dose can provide health benefits for people that do not have diagnosed health conditions.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Saul

It is alleged to also reduce iron uptake and even reduce iron stores in the body based on a study in mice. To what extent it works in this regard, I don't know. I am taking it with no bad side effects.

Hoosier52

It is alleged to also reduce iron uptake and even reduce iron stores in the body based on a study in mice. To what extent it works in this regard, I don't know. I am taking it with no bad side effects.

I wonder if this would help with hematocrit?

Re-Ride

Turmeric processed dry spice powder, yet another fad that may do more harm than good.

First of all the curcumin content of the average spice powder is less than 5%. To achieve the serum levels of curcumin cited in studies associating curcumin with a positive outcome one would need to consume table spoon upon table spoon of processed spice powder. And one would also need to consume that with piperine or fresh black pepper plus fats since curcumine is not well absorbed at all.

O.K. so now we are consuming one tenth of a pound of powdered spice product per day with fats and black pepper to hopefully achieve the same serum levels mentioned in studies the results of which are questionable. What of the heavy metals?

Labeled organic means nothing when it comes to heavy metals in turmeric rhizome grown in contaminated soil which is the case of most offshore grown turmeric.

Any benefit from turmeric is likely found in fresh rhizome which is mostly domestic. You know the farm you know the farmer. I enjoy fresh local rhizome and know how potent it is because after a week I bleed from cuts if I consume more than a thumbnails worth per day. I take 1-2 grams per day of Rx omega 3 which is likely also a factor in reduced clotting.

I believe but can't prove that fresh ginger and fresh turmeric rhizome have synergistic benefits not found in powders spices or supplements allegedly containing same. Typically they go in the pot with diced winter squash, lentils or beef stew. Consume with a single malt or good shot of rye whisky for ultimate benefit. I enjoy turmeric powder spice from time to time for the flavor when I'm too lazy to shop for real food or prepare it. I laugh my arse off at the folks tormenting themselves with tea or "golden milk" made from spray dried spice produced from processed rhizome grown in contaminated soil. They think they have found an economical superfood. How nice.

Fortunate

In light of the various forum members sharing thoughts on musculoskeletal pain, I thought it would be a good time to wake this thread back up. @Re-Ride (who appears to be gone from the forum) was a serious hater. Does anyone else care to share their experience with this supplement? @madman, should we do a journal club on this one?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me