Case Report: HCG Restores Spermatogenesis

Buy Lab Tests Online

CoastWatcher

The questions are regularly posed here at Excelmale: Will HCG help me maintain fertility while on a TRT protocol? How much HCG must I use to remain fertile? This case report answers some of those questions.

• A 40 year old man presented to an endocrine department in August 2015 with a 4-year history of tiredness, reduced libido and infertility. He was seen by the urologist in 2011 for right undescended testis and had an orchidectomy in January 2015.
  • In March 2014 he attended the fertility clinic and was found to be hypogonadal with azoospermia (repeat tests in 2015 and 2016 confirmed the same). An ultrasound revealed a small, well-perfused left testicle of 13 ml-size. His pituitary gland imaging was normal.
  • We commenced subcutaneous HCG 1500 IU three times a week until serum testosterone levels normalised. At month-3 subcutaneous rFSH 150 IU three times a week was commenced while the HCG dose was reduced to 1500 IU once a week.
  • Semen analysis at month-6 and month-9 has revealed progressive improvement in spermatogenesis (concentration, motility, and progressiveness).
  • Three-monthly assessment of testosterone levels, full blood count, prostate specific antigen and liver function tests have been normal. Combined therapy is being continued until appreciable levels of spermatogenesis have been achieved for non-assisted conception and/or for semen freezing and assisted conception treatment.

Conclusion: In conclusion, we describe a man with hypogonadotropic hypogonadism, azoospermia, previous right orchidectomy and a remaining small left testicle, who is currently receiving gonadotropin therapy with subsequent stimulation of adequate spermatogenesis.

"Successful stimulation of spermatogenesis in a man with hypogonadotrophic hypogonadism, azoospermia, previous right orchidectomy and a remaining small left testicle," Endocrine Abstracts, 2017, http://www.endocrine-abstracts.org/ea/0050/ea0050p373.htm

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
snip...

• We commenced subcutaneous HCG 1500 IU three times a week until serum testosterone levels normalised. At month-3 subcutaneous rFSH 150 IU three times a week was commenced while the HCG dose was reduced to 1500 IU once a week.
Wow that seems like a lot. Is this quanity still recommended? Anyone shooting that much?
My TRT doc seem to think 800iu's per week was all that is needed when added to a TRT program.

Wow that seems like a lot. Is this quanity still recommended? Anyone shooting that much?
My TRT doc seem to think 800iu's per week was all that is needed when added to a TRT program.

The study doesnt mention using traditional TRT (Testosterone CYP). From the looks of it they used HCG and rFSH as a form of TRT to get T levels right and kick start the testies.

ratbag

Remember that was mainstream medicine Rxing 4500iu / week. I doubt any experienced TRT MD would do that as we know less works just as well.

HealthMan

Healthman what is your fsh dose
70IU EOD was the dosage prescribed but given i am not actively trying to get my wife pregnant I reduced the dosage to 50IU 2x week which does not provide constant stimulation given short half life of FSH. I will get a sperm analysis done within a month and will post results

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me