Quick Survey

Buy Lab Tests Online

mckbrooks96

Hey guys I'm new to TRT and just looking to find a little more information. I haven't seen anything like this yet and thought it would be interesting.

Starting Total Testosterone:
Current Total Testosterone:
Treatment Type:
Length of Treatment:

I'm not sure if this is allowed here but essentially I'm just trying to find out if my total testosterone level is something to be worried about. (21 year old with 380ng/dL, showing all symptoms of Low T except ED; Range given was 195-836.)

Also if it's acceptable I would be interested in seeing who is treating you. I spoke with my GP and he basically told me that I was "Normal and operating perfect for my age."

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
LH and FSH need to be run to determine if you're primary or secondary hypogonadism. Do you know why you have low-T and is a restart possible. At your young age a restart with Clomid, may be a good idea.

mckbrooks96

Unfortunately my GP is not willing to run anything other than total t since he believes I'm "normal". I have an appt for the 27th to hopefully get more answers. Another forum also suggested clomid, I may initiate that conversation with my new doc as well.

Vince

Super Moderator
I definitely think that would be a good idea, especially because of your age. Clomid helps younger men better than older, but some older men also have success with Clomid. TRT should be used if everything else fails.

Given the TT range you listed you are right in the middle. I will agree with your Dr you are normal. Just my opinion. Go find another doctor.
380ng/dL, showing all symptoms of Low T except ED; Range given was 195-836.)

Also if it's acceptable I would be interested in seeing who is treating you. I spoke with my GP and he basically told me that I was "Normal and operating perfect for my age."

Systemlord

I don't get those ranges but if you are at 380 ng/dL it's far from normal, most doctors confuse labs ranges with normal testosterone levels and fail to account for age. A 93 year old man coming in at 380 would be great, but a 21 year old coming in at that score is troubling since we start losing 1% of our T every year after 30 years old. That would leave you high and dry mid life and that's far from normal. You should not be in the range you are scoring in, period!

mckbrooks96

Thats why im concerned that im wasting time. Because i am within "normal" lab range, but still far from normal at my age. Im thinking i will end up using someone like defy because theyre more knowledgeable on the subject but i dont even know if they would treat me at these levels.

mckbrooks96

Thats my thought as well. In the GP's defense i dont believe he looked at the testosterone levels. When i recieved a call about my blood work it was his nurse and she said "everything came back normal but we are still waiting on testosterone since we sent that off" and then she checked and it had been updated and she is the one that told me it was "within range so youre perfectly healthy and have nothing to worry about"

Trying to decide if im wasting time or if a doctor really can treat these levels, and if a doctor will, who are they?

Systemlord

It sounds like they didn't even run the necessary labs, is all they run was TT? Your problem is most GP's don't know squat about hormones, that's what an endocrinologist does for a living and even most of them get it wrong. If your GP knows what he's doing and run the correct tests he will most likely refer you to an endo for further testing and that's not going to happen if he doesn't understand what male hormones should be. You are wasting your time!

Defy Medical.

mckbrooks96

Yeah i couldnt get him to run anything besides TT. He told me that if it came back below 200 he would run the rest to determine primary or secondary. He also told me he only treats one person who is in their 50s with a TT level of 68. That probably should've been my first sign I was in the wrong place.

I will see what the new doc says on the 27th and if they arent willing to help (or at least order proper blood work) ill check out defy. They seem like a great company and from what ive read Dr Saya really knows his stuff.

Systemlord

Yeah i couldnt get him to run anything besides TT. He told me that if it came back below 200 he would run the rest to determine primary or secondary. He also told me he only treats one person who is in their 50s with a TT level of 68. That probably should've been my first sign I was in the wrong place.

I will see what the new doc says on the 27th and if they arent willing to help (or at least order proper blood work) ill check out defy. They seem like a great company and from what ive read Dr Saya really knows his stuff.

Oh my God run from this doctor! You need free T tested as TT is only a reservoir, free T is what makes you feel great. If your FT is low it wouldn't matter if your TT was 1000, you'd feel like garbage. I don't understand how the people can masquerade as doctors when their knowledge is so lacking.

mckbrooks96

Oh my God run from this doctor! You need free T tested as TT is only a reservoir, free T is what makes you feel great. If your FT is low it wouldn't matter if your TT was 1000, you'd feel like garbage. I don't understand how the people can masquerade as doctors when their knowledge is so lacking.

I have a tendency to think that I know everything after researching a subject for a short time. Im just glad that someone else agrees this doctor has no idea what they're doing. He just kept trying to tell me I was bipolar because i mentioned moodiness, depression and anxiety. Seemed like he was willing to put me on anything besides TRT, I assume because of lack of knowledge about how the hormones effect people.

Last edited:
You can get all the proper blood tests you need without a doctor at DiscountLab.com they use LabCorp and they are dirt cheap.
I would not assume Defy just gives anyone who contacts them a prescript for T injections esp at your age. TRT is for the rest of your life.

Get a real blood test and post it here. Many will then offer you suggestions on the best way to proceed to feeling better.

mckbrooks96

You can get all the proper blood tests you need without a doctor at DiscountLab.com they use LabCorp and they are dirt cheap.
I would not assume Defy just gives anyone who contacts them a prescript for T injections esp at your age. TRT is for the rest of your life.

Get a real blood test and post it here. Many will then offer you suggestions on the best way to proceed to feeling better.

Yeah I'm willing to do any treatment that fixes it (even if it is for life). If my new doc won't order the blood work I need I will use discountlab. If I do so, can I send those lab results to Defy or will they require me to get new blood work done?

Systemlord

I have a tendency to think that I know everything after researching a subject for a short time. Im just glad that someone else agrees this doctor has no idea what they're doing. He just kept trying to tell me I was bipolar because i mentioned moodiness, depression and anxiety. Seemed like he was willing to put me on anything besides TRT, I assume because of lack of knowledge about how the hormones effect people.

It was easier for him to go more with what he knows rather than an area he knows little about, he's only wants to relieve your symptoms even if the cause is never addressed doing a disservice to you in the process, I really hate these type of doctors and feel as if they are just lazy.

madman

Super Moderator
Hey guys I'm new to TRT and just looking to find a little more information. I haven't seen anything like this yet and thought it would be interesting.

Starting Total Testosterone:
Current Total Testosterone:
Treatment Type:
Length of Treatment:

I'm not sure if this is allowed here but essentially I'm just trying to find out if my total testosterone level is something to be worried about. (21 year old with 380ng/dL, showing all symptoms of Low T except ED; Range given was 195-836.)

Total T range 195-836 ng/dl and the mean (mid/normal) would be 515.5 ng/dl. Your level of 380 ng/dl is basically in the grey zone (8-12 nmol/L or 230-400 ng/dl) that most knowledgeable doctors would consider putting a patient experiencing low t symptoms on trt. Your levels are low for your age but free t is what is critical as it is the fraction that is usable by the cells and total is only part of the overall picture as some can have descent total t levels but low free t and end up suffering from low t symptoms. You need to get blood work done again to include total t (testing early in the am as in 7-8am as soon as labs open) to get an accurate reading of your peak as I am not sure what time you had your bloods done resulting in your 380 ng/dl total t as if you were tested later in the day as in noon/evening than total t levels tend to be up to 30% lower in younger males. You also need free t/estradiol (sensitive)/LH and FSH/prolactin/shbg/dht/dhea/vitamin d/psa(prostate specific antigen) and a cbc(complete blood count) including hematocrit/hemoglobin(critical when on trt).

mckbrooks96

Yeah my blood work was done at 0830. I have another appointment for the same time coming up where I hope they will run more labs. I am really hoping there is a doctor that will at least allow me to try TRT and see if it effects my symptoms. From everything I have read it is clear-cut Low Testosterone but I don't have a medical background so I'll just have to wait and find out what a professional says.

CoastWatcher

Yeah I'm willing to do any treatment that fixes it (even if it is for life). If my new doc won't order the blood work I need I will use discountlab. If I do so, can I send those lab results to Defy or will they require me to get new blood work done?

I believe Defy will accept labs that have been run within a certain number of days prior to your contacting them. Call them and ask. They won't dodge your question.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me