Sudden Insomnia - Waking Early

Buy Lab Tests Online

sgtpepper36

So in my research on ketosis (I am considering trying this diet not convinced yet) I came across this video.
Toward the end of this 4 minute video this guy talks about sleep issues with ketosis and it is a mineral deficency mag and cal issue. check it out.
Tell me what you think.

The potassium is probably something i am weak on still. I have been supplementing magnesium and calcium. But my food intake has dropped so low, due to lack of hunger, i believe my other vitamin intake is probably low.

I am going to be adding a boat load of vegetables into my diet starting today, even if i am not hungry.

That is a really good video of the cut over though. It really breaks down the simplest points everyone should understand.

I can definitely recommend this way of eating. I feel that it is a perfect compliment to TRT and definitely helps with hunger control and weight loss. Which have been issues for me.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
Thanks to everyone that has replied. I just joined today and feel that even if i dont get a fix out of this thread, just hearing that others have experienced this and are still here to tell the tale is somewhat encouraging. You guys rock.

Try increasing your carbs temporarily to see if you notice improvements. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5015038/ (study involved small number of participants).

https://chrismasterjohnphd.com/2011/03/25/getting-better-sleep-cool-dark-and-lots/

Man beside the above there are many reasons to have your problems like stress, life pressure even a sign of a emerging depression. Before getín into too much of diet and hormons etc.. check the basic causes of sleep issues first.

Pauly_P

I too have experienced the wakeup at 4 am. I usually have to pee then when I go back to bed I can't shut my mind off. I start thinking about the day.
I have some BPH issues so two visits to the bathroom is normal.
The 4am thing bugged me so much I always catch myself glancing at the clock when I get the pee urge
and thank my luck star if its 5 am.

From a pure layman's guess I wonder if this is yet another side effect of getting our harmones back in balance?
With the boosted T recovery from exersize is much faster.
Maybe our mind is being tricked into thinking our body is fully rested when it really isn't.

On my 2am pee breaks when I go back to bed my eyes feel heavy and my mind is still tired. But not at 4am.

Defy also suggested melatonin 1-3mg but that only helps me get to sleep. It's out of my system or at least I don't feel it by 4am.

FL, I could have written this post, most nights only get up once however. I don't care what time I go to sleep, I'm awake at 4ish and seldom can stay in bed past 5. Hence I've started to go to bed sooner in hopes of getting 6 hours. My labs were a little high, maybe this will resolve with some fine tuning.

Steelballs

I've been doing Keto for over 2 years. One thing I learned, you have to do cheats. Even if only once a month. And yes magnesium is very important. I use 3:1 cbd\thc to fix migraines. It has made a dramatic improvement. Be warned, there are so many varieties of thc. If you take it, try dinner time. I noticed if I take it too close to bed time my mind races too much. Ya dreams are crazy intense but I wake too much or can't fall asleep at all. I know your all going to think I'm crazy but get a few episodes of Bob Ross on your phone. Use some good headphones.

The potassium is probably something i am weak on still. I have been supplementing magnesium and calcium. But my food intake has dropped so low, due to lack of hunger, i believe my other vitamin intake is probably low.

snip...

Best potassium supplement I have found.... Cream of Tartar in the spice rack at the grocery store.
What is cream of tartar?

First of all, it's not creamy. It's a dry, powdery, acidic byproduct of fermenting grapes into wine. Its sciency name is potassium bitartrate, aka potassium hydrogen tartrate or tartaric acid (hence the name). But you can find it in the spice aisle labeled as plain ol' cream of tartar.

1 tsp = 495mg about 14% daily value

Hi Harrycat thanks for the tip I did not know there was a timed release. Right now my sleep has improved and I am no longer taking anything. I am not sure why I've experimented with so many supplements and of course Defy has contined to adjust my protocol so it could be anything. I'm just thankful my sleep is better. Nothing sucks more than a bad nights sleep.

Saul

FL, I could have written this post, most nights only get up once however. I don't care what time I go to sleep, I'm awake at 4ish and seldom can stay in bed past 5. Hence I've started to go to bed sooner in hopes of getting 6 hours. My labs were a little high, maybe this will resolve with some fine tuning.

Same here. Some of it is genetics, IMO. My Dad is the same way. Some people can sleep till 10:00 or noon, and other are early risers.

I'm surprised no one mentioned an imbalance in cortisol due to no or low carbohydrates. I'd say your Keto diet isn't "working" for you and I'd ditch it. Add in 1-2 cups of white rice before bed at night for a week to re-balance things. I know there are so many on this forum that recommends Keto but for most people its a recipe for disaster.

CSI007

I have been having the same problem with waking at the wrong time. Only I get up about 2 to 3am and go directly to the fridge/cabinet and eat carbs. I have put on about 5lbs. This has been going on for about 2 months now. I usually am able to fall right back to sleep too. I have to tell myself when I wake up NOT TO leave the bed room and EAT!!! I am getting a ton of blood work soon but I have had episodes like this throughout my life. It usually passes. It happens once every couple of years for me.

Davet

I would go along with madman...if i drop my carbs to low it trashes my sleep......if I go lower than around 75g of low gi carbs my sleep turns to crap...it took me a while to find the sweet spot where I am dropping BF but sleeping good...tried to tough it out on several occasions but it was dragging me down.
But now I know where I can run low carbs, sleep well and perform... you have just got to keep tweaking it to find your SS.

Ok, let me get my 2 cents in here. I was diagnosed a year ago with severe sleep apnea. Im on TRT (2 shots per week 120mg per shot), HCG, Anastazol M, W, F. DHEA. Also taking Vitamin C, Ferrous Fumarate, D3, Fish Oil, Fiber, and multi vitamin.
Thyroid medicine 2x per day. No caffeine after 6 pm. DHEA no later than 3pm No working out after 7pm. go to bed at 11pm

Donating blood was causing a lot of issues with Ferritin level (iron stores). So I did research into
erythrocytosis vs. Polycythemia. I dont have Poly. I have Erthro caused by TRT. Long story short, the last time I donated my blood was over 1 year ago. You have to watch platelet counts. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=HYW5yIxPA18. My platelet count stays at 250 range throughout the entire last year testing every 3 months. My Hemaglobin has been consistent at 17 or 18. it never goes into the 20's. After I stopped giving blood, my sleep was better.

Im using a Respironics DreamStation CPAP machine. AUTO mode. I set the humidity control at its lowest setting. When I had it above that, with a higher heat setting, I was waking up in the night 3-4 times. I am sleeping a lot better taking Kavinance Ultra PM. This has some melatonin in it but other ingredients as well. I went from waking up 6-7 times a night to maybe 2 times a night.

Th other issue.... Sleeping habits and cycles. This is the hardest part. When you wake up 6 times a night and keep repeating that pattern, it creates internal alarm clocks that go off every night at those same times. Some how you have to break those cycles. Melatonin might work. Also, stress is a huge concern. If I have high levels of stress, I wake up no matter what I take. keto diets also race your mind.

Just some thoughts

Vince

Super Moderator
Did this help you but taking to earlier ?

I do sleep better if I take it in the morning, if I take DHEA at night it will keep me awake. I've been chewing on 3 mg of melatonin when I go to bed and has helped my sleep. I do wish I would sleep better though.

madman

Super Moderator
Best potassium supplement I have found.... Cream of Tartar in the spice rack at the grocery store.
What is cream of tartar?

First of all, it's not creamy. It's a dry, powdery, acidic byproduct of fermenting grapes into wine. Its sciency name is potassium bitartrate, aka potassium hydrogen tartrate or tartaric acid (hence the name). But you can find it in the spice aisle labeled as plain ol' cream of tartar.

1 tsp = 495mg about 14% daily value

If one is eating a lot of fruits/vegetables let alone beef,chicken,fish than you would be getting more than enough potassium.

Excess potassium can cause health issue just as excess sodium can. The sodium/potassium ratio needs to be kept in balance as excess/lack there of one or the other can cause problems.

Some people are known to use NO SALT (potassium chloride,potassium bitartrate) and sprinkle it on everything thinking because it contains no sodium it is a free for all.

When in fact excess potassium is far from healthy.

I personally would always avoid potassium supplements and get from ones diet.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/NoSalt-Original-Sodium-Free-Salt-Alternative-11-oz/37233033

madman

Super Moderator
I would go along with madman...if i drop my carbs to low it trashes my sleep......if I go lower than around 75g of low gi carbs my sleep turns to crap...it took me a while to find the sweet spot where I am dropping BF but sleeping good...tried to tough it out on several occasions but it was dragging me down.
But now I know where I can run low carbs, sleep well and perform... you have just got to keep tweaking it to find your SS.

Consuming low g.i. carbs in the evening definitely will aid in better quality sleep.

Another trick that really helps is using a couple scoops 60 gram serving = 50 grams of MICELLAR CASEIN (forms a gel like consistency in the stomach/slowly released and absorbed over 6-8 hrs throughout the night) and add a few tbsp of natural peanut butter or macadamia nut butter!

You will definitely not wake up hungry in the middle of the night.

Micellar casein is a great anti-catabolic protein source and can aid in overall recovery.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me