Severe Allergic Reaction After Testosterone Shot

Buy Lab Tests Online

TRTinNY

Guys...

I have been using Test Cyp for a while now. Usually no issues. Switched pharmacies a few months ago and the started getting itchy at the injection sites. While not horrible it was annoying. I went back to the original pharmacy and while i wasnt itching anymore for the most part (still a little), i was still developing lumps at each Sub Q injection site. IM didnt seem as bad but even still had a small lump for a day or two.
Mind you all Test Cyp has been suspending in cottonseed oil.

Fast forward to this week. We switched from using 1mL vials at the pharmacy to a 10mL vial which is now a 3rd manufacturer. i started getting a little itchy which was no big deal but last night while eating dinner, I had some sushi with shellfish for dinner. Every injection site (I do daily injections) for the last 4 days blew up with incredibly itchy extremely large lumps that ended me up in the emergency room. Even the nurse looked at both my thighs and was literally like "holy shit".

After IV of Predinisone, Bendryl, and Pepcid ****tail, this morning ALL lumps are gone, I'm still a little tender and am left not knowing what to do.

Any thoughts from some people on what i should do. I know i can switch the oils. Suggestions of oils? Switch to Cream? I am lost.

Last edited by a moderator:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Guys...

I have been using Test Cyp for a while now. Usually no issues. Switched pharmacies a few months ago and the started getting itchy at the injection sites. While not horrible it was annoying. I went back to the original pharmacy and while i wasnt itching anymore for the most part (still a little), i was still developing lumps at each Sub Q injection site. IM didnt seem as bad but even still had a small lump for a day or two.

Fast forward to this week. We switched from using 1mL vials at the pharmacy to a 10mL vial which is now a 3rd manufacturer. i started getting a little itchy which was no big deal but last night while eating dinner, I had some sushi with shellfish for dinner. Every injection site (I do daily injections) for the last 4 days blew up with incredibly itchy extremely large lumps that ended me up in the emergency room. Even the nurse looked at both my thighs and was literally like "holy shit".

After IV of Predinisone, Bendryl, and Pepcid ****tail, this morning ALL lumps are gone, I'm still a little tender and am left not knowing what to do.

Any thoughts from some people on what i should do. I know i can switch the oils. Suggestions of oils? Switch to Cream? I am lost.

Sounds like all of this started happening after switching to the 3rd manufacturer?

Best thing to do is find the manufacturer that did not cause this reaction and ask for your doctor to re-prescribe that kind.

TRTinNY

Sounds like all of this started happening after switching to the 3rd manufacturer?

Best thing to do is find the manufacturer that did not cause this reaction and ask for your doctor to re-prescribe that kind.
I've had this reaction though not as severe with two different manufacturers.

TRTinNY

Did you ever do IM? If so did you have this reaction?
Maybe a little bit but never to this degree....I'm thinking an allergy to cottonseed oil. Mine came right from the pharmacy and its branded testosterone. We might go to compounding pharmacy which is why I'm curious if anyone has input or experienced this.

madman

Super Moderator
Guys...

Was the only area you were developing itchy lumps specifically at the injection site?

TRTinNY

Sure sounds like you have become hypersensitive to cotton seed oil. I don't think I'd be injecting that anymore.

That's what I'm thinking...don't know what else it could be...my legs had grapefruit sized lumps...was crazy although I often have lumps from injecting but on occasion itchy but never near this degree

madman

Super Moderator
at multiple injection sites from the last few days.

The reason I ask is because you said recently it has become more severe and if it were itchy red swollen lumps all over your body I would say eating the sushi/shellfish could be responsible for the increased severity of your reaction but as you said if it is strictly at the injection sites than the cottonseed oil may be the culprit to your allergic reaction.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me