Meta analysis: IF vs Standard Dieting

Buy Lab Tests Online

Will Brink

The findings of this meta analysis on IF vs typical reduced caloric in take on weight loss is as I expected, no differences found. Basic rule is, follow what ever helps you with compliance and if IF helps people with compliance, by all means, do it, just don't think it has magical metabolic effects, at least on weight loss.

Short-term intermittent energy restriction interventions for weight management: a systematic review and meta-analysis

Summary

This systematic review synthesized the available evidence on the effect of short-term periods of intermittent energy restriction (weekly intermittent energy restriction; ≥7-d energy restriction) in comparison with usual care (daily continuous energy restriction), in the treatment of overweight and obesity in adults.

Six electronic databases were searched from inception to October 2016. Only randomized controlled trials of interventions (≥12 weeks) in adults with overweight and obesity were included. Five studies were included in this review. Weekly intermittent energy restriction periods ranged from an energy intake between 1757 and 6276 kJ/d−1. The mean duration of the interventions was 26 (range 14 to 48) weeks. Meta-analysis demonstrated no significant difference in weight loss between weekly intermittent energy restriction and continuous energy restriction post-intervention (weighted mean difference: −1.36 [−3.23, 0.51], p = 0.15) and at follow-up (weighted mean difference: −0.82 [−3.76, 2.11], p = 0.58).

Both interventions achieved comparable weight loss of >5 kg and therefore were associated with clinical benefits to health. The findings support the use of weekly intermittent energy restriction as an alternative option for the treatment of obesity. Currently, there is insufficient evidence to support the long-term sustainable effects of weekly intermittent energy restriction on weight management.

Full Paper:

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/obr.12593/abstract

Will @ www.BrinkZone.com

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ScottM

I agree with you, compliance is key. Diet and exercise are like anything else, they take will power. Psychologist Roy F. Baumeister published on a theory that will power is essentially a currency and doing tasks that take will power deplete our reserve, while giving into temptation replenishes it. If an "ad libitum" aka cheat day helps you stick truer to your diet plan for a prolonged period of time, by all means.

Also, found this pretty funny , "
Studies were defined as IER if they included energy restriction on at least 1 d per week but not greater than seven."

-Scott
-Telthera

Don't most who count calories to try and lose some weight fast daily?
IF (intermittant fasting) is usually no food or caloric drink for 14-16 hours, and restrict daily eating to a daytime "eating window" of 8-10 hours.

Eat dinner at 5:30PM no snacking just water after that. So 6PM to 8am is 14 hours.
One could skip breakfast and eat at brunch to get 16 to 18 hours of no calories.
Wam-O instant daily fasting...

Am I missing something?

Will it seems like from my reading there is a fair amount of benefits to fasting. Reduces inflammation, brain benefits, immune system, lowering a1c etc... I'm following that weight loss isn't a huge benefit but I'm confused how you feel there isn't much benefits. Not arguing ur the expert just trying to pick ur brain to see why you feel this way. I do two 24 hour fast a week. If it's of no benefit then I'm surely not gonna waste my time so I'm eggar to learn more!!!

Will Brink

Will it seems like from my reading there is a fair amount of benefits to fasting. Reduces inflammation, brain benefits, immune system, lowering a1c etc... I'm following that weight loss isn't a huge benefit but I'm confused how you feel there isn't much benefits. Not arguing ur the expert just trying to pick ur brain to see why you feel this way. I do two 24 hour fast a week. If it's of no benefit then I'm surely not gonna waste my time so I'm eggar to learn more!!!

Per above, I don't feel the data is deep enough and strong enough to conclude IF has effects on those metrics superior to simple calories reduction, changes in macros, different populations, etc, etc. Many of the IF studies not well controlled and such. I'm keeping an I on it for sure, just not fully convinced at this time.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me