BOTOX for Erectile Dysfunction- Yes, Really.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Botulinum Neurotoxin and Its Potential Role in the Treatment of Erectile Dysfunction

Introduction Botulinum toxin type A (BoNT-A) has been used to treat several striated and smooth muscle disorders. During the past year, human and animal studies conducted in Egypt and Canada by two different groups of investigators have suggested a possible role for the intracavernosal injection of BoNT-A in the treatment of erectile dysfunction (ED).

Aim To discuss BoNT-A and its current medical uses, the rationale for its new potential use in the treatment of ED, and the available evidence and concerns.

Methods A literature search was conducted. This review was based on the available studies presented at the European Society for Sexual Medicine, Sexual Medicine Society of North America, and International Society for Sexual Medicine meetings in 2016 by the two groups.

Main Outcome Measures Sinusoidal diameter; penile color Doppler study; Erection Hardness Score; Sexual Health Inventory for Men questionnaire; and Sexual Encounter Profile questions 2 and 3.
Results Two human studies conducted by the authors and two animal studies (one from the authors' group and one from Canada) were reviewed. These seemed to suggest generally favorable outcomes with the use of BoNT-A in the treatment of ED.

Conclusion BoNT-A could be a potential therapy for ED. In addition to the findings of the three pilot studies, larger multicenter trials need to be conducted to further explore the true therapeutic efficacy and clinical safety of BoNT-A in the treatment of ED.

Ghanem H, Raheem AA, AbdelRahman IFS, Johnson M, Abdel-Raheem T. Botulinum Neurotoxin and Its Potential Role in the Treatment of Erectile Dysfunction. Sexual Medicine Reviews.

FULL PAPER
Botulinum Neurotoxin and Its Potential Role in the Treatment of Erectile Dysfunction - ScienceDirect

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
The human RCT involved 24 men with severe vasculogenic ED diagnosed by penile duplex and refractory to PDE5 inhibitors (PDE5Is) and intracavernosal injection (ICI) therapy with tri-mix, with penile prosthesis insertion being their only option. Only patients with a “no” response to Sexual Encounter Profile questions 2 and 3 were included in the study. The patients were randomized to the intervention and control groups (1:1). Assessment for the two groups was done by penile color Doppler study and the Erection Hardness Score at baseline and 2 weeks after treatment, respectively, in addition to the Sexual Health Inventory for Men (SHIM) questionnaire and Sexual Encounter Profile questions 2 and 3 at baseline and 4 weeks after treatment, respectively.[SUP]3; 4; 5 ; 6
[/SUP]

The intervention group received a single ICI of Botox 50 U and the control group received a single ICI of 0.9% normal saline 1 mL. To decrease the risk of systemic absorption, compression of the penile base was applied using a rubber band placed over the base of the penis before the injection and removed after 20 minutes (Figure 2). After injection with BoNT-A, there was a statistically significant improvement in the mean peak systolic velocity in the treatment group from 24.6 cm/s at baseline to 34.9 cm/s (P = 0.005) but not in the control group ( Figure 3). There also was a statistically significant improvement in the mean SHIM score (from 5.58 to 10.25; P = 0.0075) and the mean Erection Hardness Score (from 2 to 2.75; P = 0.01; Figure 4). Of the 12 patients in the treatment group, 7 could engage in penetrative sex with their partners with the help of sildenafil 100 mg compared with two patients from the control group, with the erection lasting long enough to complete intercourse in 3 of the 7 patients from the treatment group vs none from the control group (Figure 5). One patient in the treatment group experienced a 2.5-hour prolonged erection during the post-treatment penile color Doppler study with the tri-mix injection that required an ephedrine ICI. However, there were no episodes of priapism or systemic toxicity. [SUP]3; 4; 5 ; 6[/SUP]

efete1

Interesting study! We offer Botox to our clients and see many men with ED. Something to consider! We have also been successful using PRP/stem cell therapy (The Priapus Shot).

EF

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Interesting study! We offer Botox to our clients and see many men with ED. Something to consider! We have also been successful using PRP/stem cell therapy (The Priapus Shot).

EF

Let me know what your experience is if you provide it to your patients.

McNeal

Thank you, Nelson, this is great information. I enjoyed reading your posts. In fact, I've already read somewhere that Botox increases blood flow to the penis, and this effect can last up to six months. It's incredible, Botox has so many useful properties!! That's why I want to learn all about Botox to become an expert in this field. Besides, it's a very profitable business. So I think that the Botox & Dermal Filler training course offered by Dr Hennessy Academy will give me a great opportunity to take the first step towards my goal. I hope I will be able to prolong people's youth and solve their health issues. I know that I will have to get a medical degree to become an expert in this field and get a license to work, but I plan to do everything possible to implement my plans.

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching