Is is necessary to test your estrogen levels before taking meds like Clomid?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Alexman

Curious question, I've been reading up on symptoms of high E2 and it seems like I'm a likely candidate for that since I match all the symptoms for high Estrogen according to the post from peak testosterone. I'd like to take a blood test to measure where my E2 is at to confirm, especially before taking Clomid. My doctor states that it's not needed though, do you think I'm over reacting? Or is high E2 an issue for many men on here?

As a reference, I posted my lab results in another thread but my total T is around 380 and free test 9.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
Curious question, I've been reading up on symptoms of high E2 and it seems like I'm a likely candidate for that since I match all the symptoms for high Estrogen according to the post from peak testosterone. I'd like to take a blood test to measure where my E2 is at to confirm, especially before taking Clomid. My doctor states that it's not needed though, do you think I'm over reacting? Or is high E2 an issue for many men on here?

As a reference, I posted my lab results in another thread but my total T is around 380 and free test 9.

Your total t/free t are still in the lower end of the range and you need to get the sensitive assay as it is the correct test for estradiol in men.

Alexman

Thanks, I was worried about my E2 levels rising if they are already higher than normal..which would just make me feel the same or worse. I'm looking at ordering the Estradiol, Sensitive, LC/MS from labcorp which from what I read is the sensitive test for men, right?

Thanks I'm going to use discountlabs.

Thanks, I was worried about my E2 levels rising if they are already higher than normal..which would just make me feel the same or worse. I'm looking at ordering the Estradiol, Sensitive, LC/MS from labcorp which from what I read is the sensitive test for men, right?

Thanks I'm going to use discountlabs.

Yep that will do it. Me and my wife have used discountlabs/LabCorp and could not be happier.
The sens E2 takes 10-14 days to complete so be patient after your blood draw.
Keep us posted on your clomid treatments. Oh and welcome to the forum.

lexer

This is the million dollar question... if you take clomid and have mid range E2 numbers, can you still suffer estrogenic effects due to the effect of clomid itself on certian parts of the body that wont manifest as E2 on blood tests?
remember, clomid is an estrogen blocker in the hypothalamus but activates estrogen in other parts of the body.
thats what SERMS do unlike arimidex. Thats very important to understand.
thats why some guys feel horrible on clomid despite having hight T and normal estrogen.
think about it.
this is something docs dont understand.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale