DHEA Levels and Effects of Supplementation

Buy Lab Tests Online

GreenMachineX

BA3E6497-1D0A-435C-B7B0-F1332BD4C53C.jpgC555863D-3EE7-4829-8DA5-1BCD95D22B30.jpg

As you can see, my DHEA levels are abysmal and they always have been. I’ve tried to add it in before but at too high of a dose (25mg and 50mg) and had side effects. Now I’m trying to add it back in even at 10mg micronized and have the same side effects. All of my senses are on overdrive (smell especially), having a hard time focusing and my brain feels wired. Almost similar to too much caffeine maybe? It’s hard to describe. But why is this happening? Obviously I need it according to my labs but it’s hard to tolerate. Do I just need to get used to a different part of my brain being turned on? Do I need to supplement with pregnenolone to balance it? I’m trying to add it in also in hopes it brings up my low e2 levels. Thanks in advance.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

GreenMachineX

Well, I guess this will turn into a review then for anyone in the future that experiences this overstimulation from DHEA.

I'm on day 3 now of this and feel much better today overall, but about an hour after I took it things got a little intense for an hour or so. I'll continue to update this as it plays out.

GreenMachineX

Nope, not yet. I'm going to wait until I get more blood work done. I guess I'll get another sensitive e2 test a couple weeks into using DHEA? Some of the low e2 symptoms are getting better, particularly vascularity is coming back and joint pain reduced. The chest flutters have improved, but my heart rate still increases around 8pm about 15-20 points and my heart pounds if I wake up to urinate in the middle of the night.

Vince

Super Moderator
Wow you are very sensitive your estradiol levels. But I guess at that low levels everyone would be.

HarryCat

My DHEA-S level is similar to yours, and I have had similar reactions when I try to raise it. After trying doses as small as 5mg, as well as transdermal with the same side effects, I've just given up on ever trying to raise it. Some things you just can't change.

GreenMachineX

My DHEA-S level is similar to yours, and I have had similar reactions when I try to raise it. After trying doses as small as 5mg, as well as transdermal with the same side effects, I've just given up on ever trying to raise it. Some things you just can't change.
Can you describe the side effects you experienced and for how long did you take it? I'm considering dropping to 5mg or 2.5mg to see if I can adapt to it and build up.

GreenMachineX

Wow you are very sensitive your estradiol levels. But I guess at that low levels everyone would be.
Yeah, but my levels still might be low too. Think maybe I should get bloods sooner to see what's going on? I'm kind of wondering how quickly the DHEA might bring up e2.

GreenMachineX

Hi GreenMachineX, is this the DHEA supplement you are trying?
http://www.pureencapsulations.com/dhea-10-mg-3220.html

It really sucks you have issues with DHEA since it is a known E2 booster.
My only side effect is I can't take DHEA at night I can't fall asleep.

I'm following your thread sorry I can't offer any advice but I am rooting for you.
Yes, that's exactly the one. Do you use an AI with your protocol?

i ordered some other strength tabs that I believe can be sublingual, which if I recall correctly shouldn't convert to estrogen as much. I'm stopping this one today and tomorrow will try 2.5mg sublingual instead. Today's panic and depersonalization attack was enough to convince me I need to leave this alone.

HarryCat

Can you describe the side effects you experienced and for how long did you take it? I'm considering dropping to 5mg or 2.5mg to see if I can adapt to it and build up.

Extreme anxiety at 50mg, restlessness, worsened insomnia and milder anxiety at lower doses. I've stopped trying to boost my levels.

Yes, that's exactly the one. Do you use an AI with your protocol?

i ordered some other strength tabs that I believe can be sublingual, which if I recall correctly shouldn't convert to estrogen as much. I'm stopping this one today and tomorrow will try 2.5mg sublingual instead. Today's panic and depersonalization attack was enough to convince me I need to leave this alone.

Yes. My protocol is 200mg/mL compounded cream I apply 100mg per day. My AI anastrozole(sp?).125 EOD and I inject HCG 800/week.

Do you take anyting for your depression and anxiety? SSRI that kind of stuff. I just wonder if you are having a DHEA + ???? = BIG side effects.

I had a mental breakdown mid Dec 2016. In troubleshooting that I found I needed TRT. I found these really worked great for anxiety 5mg x3 (15mg/day) , no negative libido side effects and easy to come off of. http://secure-tabs-2016.com/catalog/Anxiety/secure-tabs-2016-Buspar.htm

GreenMachineX

Yes, both.
Hmmmm, I'm wondering if I'll be in that camp too...

Yes. My protocol is 200mg/mL compounded cream I apply 100mg per day. My AI anastrozole(sp?).125 EOD and I inject HCG 800/week.

Do you take anyting for your depression and anxiety? SSRI that kind of stuff. I just wonder if you are having a DHEA + ???? = BIG side effects.

I had a mental breakdown mid Dec 2016. In troubleshooting that I found I needed TRT. I found these really worked great for anxiety 5mg x3 (15mg/day) , no negative libido side effects and easy to come off of. http://secure-tabs-2016.com/catalog/Anxiety/secure-tabs-2016-Buspar.htm
No, no real medications for anything like that.
my whole protocol is test cyp, Naturethroid, bisoprolol and Losartan.
the Supplements I use are rhodiola, Maca, Ashwagandha, citrulline, agmatine, theanine, taurine, multi, extra vitamin c/d/k2/magnesium, and probiotics.
Thank you for the buspar recommendation. Does it control anxiety induced blood pressure spikes? Mine are massive.

i also use kava and valerian for anxiety occasionally.

I don't know what half of those supplements are I would guess you did some research to see if there were interactions between any of these and DHEA.

In my peak anxiety my blood pressure did not spike too much I took this bloodpressure just before going to the emergency room because I could not get my anxiety under control. My normal BP is 120/72 I was put on a SSRI It turned me into a zombie. I did not care that I did not care. I asked my wife to put all my guns in our safety deposite box. I was then put on BusPar and within 6 weeks working with a Therapist specializing in EMDR I was sane enough to come off the BusPar using selftalk and breathing to control the anxiety. Now that my T lvl are at a healthy lvl I am back 100% still tuning the protocol but the depression and anxiety is in remission.

Last edited:
Does 7-keto DHEA offer any of the regular DHEA benefits other than weight loss?

With a TT of only 600 has anyone suggested you bump your T dose. Nothing increases E2 like extra T.
This site is loaded with ((( don't do this ))) ((( Don't do that ))) because it will raise your E2
maybe you should do some of that. haha

GreenMachineX

Yeah, I had dropped my test dose to 50mg twice a week such gave me that 600 number, but the reasoning was because I was having symptoms I thought were from test being too high. Maybe it just wasn't enough estrogen that whole time.
i am bumping my test dose up to 110mg per week and see what happens, but I'd really like to be able to find a balance between enough testosterone, DHEA and e2 without too much of either any without an AI. This may be wishful thinking though. Maybe I'll go to 120mg per week again.

I'm not really sure what next to do regarding my testosterone and e2 management either. I'd like to have total test at 1000, but I'm not sure if that's what causing the increased heart rate at night and pounding heart in the middle of the night, or if it's just still too low e2. It's scary when that stuff happens and if I increase my test dose too much, I'm afraid I'll make it worse. Oddly enough, it's not happening tonight. My heart should be pounding right now judging by it being 9:20pm and it's not. Maybe my e2 is finally high enough or jumped too high and that's what the strange effects around 3pm were. The only thing I know for certain is 10mg micronized DHEA is a no go.

For the record, my top panic attack BP was 190/100. I took myself right to the ER.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me