Misdiagnosing Type 3c Diabetes

Buy Lab Tests Online

CoastWatcher

The health of people with diabetes is being put at risk due to the failure of doctors to recognise which type of diabetes they have, according to a study published in Diabetes Care.

• Researchers discovered that up to 97.3% of people who have previously experienced pancreatic disease are misdiagnosed, typically with type 2 diabetes, rather than the correct condition type 3c.
  • Such a misdiagnosis impacts on the treatment offered to patients, with those suffering from type 3c diabetes requiring insulin therapy more urgently than those with type 2 diabetes. Delays in delivering the appropriate treatment can have devastating long term effects for patients with type 3c diabetes with nerve, eye and kidney damage all possible consequences.
  • The researchers were also surprised to find that adults were more likely to develop type 3c diabetes than type 1 diabetes.

"Majority of People With Type 3c Diabetes Are Being Misdiagnosed With Type 2, Putting Them at Risk," DG News, 23 October 2017, http://dgnews.docguide.com/majority...ay=2&nl_ref=newsletter&pk_campaign=newsletter

Last edited by a moderator:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ratbag

I'm a type 2 diabetic and it's very well controlled with metformin. I've studied diabetes for years and it's only very recently that I've heard of type 3c diabetes. I believe type 3c is a new category for diabetes.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me