Question for those with Defy

Buy Lab Tests Online

TheDude

I just started with them about 6 weeks ago. My follow up was set for 3 months after starting.

I've read on the board that levels should be normalized by 6 weeks. If I were to run my own test at this point, would they be willing to amend the protocol? I want to run labs but if something comes back out of range, I would like the option to make an adjustment if need be.

Just curious what others experience has been.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Just call them and ask for a blood test and tell them you would like to discuss a protocol adjustment.
You only need the basic test no full panel needed. It's cheaper than anywhere else. Once you get notice the test is done schedule your followup.
5-6 weeks is all they need. NOTE the sen E2 can take 10-14 days so be patient after your blood draw.

I think the 3 month followups is they are trying to save you some money.
I asked for 6 week followups until I get dialed in. They said no problem.
hth

CoastWatcher

Believe it or not, Defy works for you...that's why you're paying them directly. I'm not being snide, I'm smiling, because so many men arrive here having been victimized and reduced to the role of supplicants by previous doctors. Become your own advocate, as you're clearly taking steps to do, and they will work with you.

Last edited:

Blackhawk

They are happy for you to request additional tests through them. I asked the same question regarding getting T, Free T and E2 earlier than the rest before the next consultation, but if I'm feeling peachy, I'll just wait.

TheDude

Just call them and ask for a blood test and tell them you would like to discuss a protocol adjustment.
You only need the basic test no full panel needed. It's cheaper than anywhere else. Once you get notice the test is done schedule your followup.
5-6 weeks is all they need. NOTE the sen E2 can take 10-14 days so be patient after your blood draw.

I think the 3 month followups is they are trying to save you some money.
I asked for 6 week followups until I get dialed in. They said no problem.
hth

Did you do the full blood test that you did at the beginning each time or did you just check T and E2?

hva

Did you do the full blood test that you did at the beginning each time or did you just check T and E2?

You can ask them to write a script to check for whatever you want. I've been monitoring my E2 and a couple other things with them. I just ask and they send me the order.

for followups they have a smaller group of tests they need to adjust your protocol.
I asked for a full panel on my 1st followup because I was working on my A1c and lipids but all future checkups will be just the basic.
I might ask for DHT since I am using T compounded cream as I have read here cream can raise your DHT.

You can have whatever tests you want ordered from them at any time.

They just try to minimize the amount of tests and follow ups needed to lower cost, but you're able to do it as much as you'd like.

Shoot them an email or sign up for their online ordering system.

RLW

You might be jumping the gun to have your labs checked and adjust your protocol at 6 weeks.

I personally didn't start to feel effects until just after 6 weeks and it was subtle so I didn't really notice everything at first. By the time I did my first follow up at 12 weeks I felt amazing. By all means do what you want but if you just started TRT 6 weeks ago I would give it a little time for things to really take off.

Esq

You might be jumping the gun to have your labs checked and adjust your protocol at 6 weeks.

I personally didn't start to feel effects until just after 6 weeks and it was subtle so I didn't really notice everything at first. By the time I did my first follow up at 12 weeks I felt amazing. By all means do what you want but if you just started TRT 6 weeks ago I would give it a little time for things to really take off.

I echo this. Even if something were showing out of range at the 6 week mark, it could be temporary while thing are settling into place. I think for those who have been on TRT for a long time, 6 weeks may be fine to check the results of small tweaks to one's protocol, but for someone new to it (or new to a dramatically different protocol), I'd give things more time to settle into place. I'd say 8 weeks minimum for bloods, preferably 10. Unless you're feeling terrible and just can't give it more time, be patient.

@TheDude, you can always just order a blood test to see where your TT number is.
You don't have to schedule a doctor consult, post bloodtest, if your number is in the range you want.
If you don't like something in your bloods then call and make an appointment.

hth

TheDude

I echo this. Even if something were showing out of range at the 6 week mark, it could be temporary while thing are settling into place. I think for those who have been on TRT for a long time, 6 weeks may be fine to check the results of small tweaks to one's protocol, but for someone new to it (or new to a dramatically different protocol), I'd give things more time to settle into place. I'd say 8 weeks minimum for bloods, preferably 10. Unless you're feeling terrible and just can't give it more time, be patient.

I actually started with a local Urologist at 100mg per week of Test and after 6 weeks my T rose from 135 to 300 with no difference felt. So I switched to Defy, found out I have low SHGB, and was put on a EOD protocol. I feel better than the once per week protocol, but not great. So, in all I've been on TRT for 3 months....half with Defy.

Blackhawk

If SHBG is low enough, sure, you might need higher and more frequent dosage. Daily may be better for you,

I asked Dr Saya about possibly getting just total and free tested earlier this round, My reasons are a bit different though. He said wait at least 4 weeks, 6 is better. If I was in your place, I might just get total and free T at trough.

Esq

I actually started with a local Urologist at 100mg per week of Test and after 6 weeks my T rose from 135 to 300 with no difference felt. So I switched to Defy, found out I have low SHGB, and was put on a EOD protocol. I feel better than the once per week protocol, but not great. So, in all I've been on TRT for 3 months....half with Defy.

Got it. Well, ultimately it's your call. If you don't mind spending the money, then by all means go ahead and order some labs. I'd still caution against making any changes to protocol just yet - going from 100mg (probably too low) once a week (definitely too infrequent, particularly with low SHBG) to EOD (probably at a higher weekly doseage than before?) is a pretty dramatic change. You were still relatively new to TRT when making change, so I'd give the new protocol time to settle in, but if you're just curious about your numbers, go ahead and do labs. Of course, you're under good care now with Defy, so if you're not happy with the 6 week numbers go ahead and make an appointment and get their thoughts on changes.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me