BMI vs Body Fat percentage help me understand.

Buy Lab Tests Online
So my BMI has me listed as overweight right on the edge of obese. Yet my Body Fat % has me between 13-14% body fat. Which they list as ideal.
What am I missing? What am I not understanding? I am 5'9" (69") and weight 192#(87kg)

A little schooling would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ERO

BMI is a very outdated and inaccurate measurement, but sadly it is still the "gold standard" for many doctors. The problem with it is exactly as you have noted, it does not take into account body composition. It is basically a ratio of height to weight.

If you are at 13%-14% body fat, you are not obese - yet many docs just go by the BMI and tell you to loose weight before you become diabetic. It is sad that our medical care system relies on "tools" as inaccurate as this.

Sean Mosher

Same for me "Feeling Lost."
My "BMI" has me as obese, but my body fat was just under 15%.
It's a ridiculous and idiotic measurement for sure.

wheatwood

Same for me "Feeling Lost."
My "BMI" has me as obese, but my body fat was just under 15%.
It's a ridiculous and idiotic measurement for sure.

definitely agree, it is a ridiculous and idiotic measurement. The most important thing is that you are on your desired weight and you are healthy.

definitely agree, it is a ridiculous and idiotic measurement. The most important thing is that you are on your desired weight and you are healthy.

I’m 6’0 190, 196 with clothes on. 11 % body fat. I was in a local pharmacy last month and the blood pressure/weight machine announced I was over weight to the whole store. Didn’t eat the rest of the day... fat shamed...

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me