Krill Oil vs Fish Oil which is best for omega-3s

Buy Lab Tests Online
Anyone prefer krill oil over fish oil for omega 3 supplement.

My doc has me on 3000-4000 per day which is a crap load of pills. So I bought the liquid which tastes like a$$.
In researching options on amazon I came across krill oil.

your thoughts recommendations wellcome.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

captain

I use Viva Naturals Krill Oil and used to take fish oil. I like the krill better. Krill has astaxanthin and it is a DHT inhibitor so some may not want that.

BradWI

I too take the same brand as captain, it's the #1 seller on Amazon. 4 capsules a day (2 servings) since I have very bad cholesterol levels. My last blood work showed improvements in the right direction for cholesterol but honestly it's hard to say that's 100% because of these. I was taking regular fish oil for years before switching to krill about 6 months ago.

captain

Remember that absorption is not the same so you probably don't need to take 4gm of krill oil. My cholesterol improved a great deal over 2 years. Can't say if it was the krill or proper TRT program. HDL went from 34 to 53. Fish oil never did anything for it..

Brad and captian thank you for your ideas and the conversation. It is so awesome to find people knowledgeable about this sruff.

I am not sure why my TRT doc prescribed fish oil. My Lipids did suck bigh time.
10 months ago before TRT:

Sept lipids on a starter TRT protocol with a new Dr. for 2 months.

After this test besides the fish oil he put me on 120mg CoQ10 and 1200mg Red Rice Yeast (the stuff some statins are made from).

Guided_by_Voices

I think the issue with fish oil is that many fish oils are rancid or otherwise degraded. I remember seeing a study that said most OTC fish oils were bad but the (much more expensive) prescription one was ok, although I don't find that very trustworthy. I think fish should be the first choice and I try to have salmon or sardines several times per week, and I also use both krill oil and the Primal brand of fish oil. Apparently lecithin helps absorption so I take that as well. Carl Lanore of superhumanradio.net often cites a study that showed that fish or krill oil is better retained in the body if it is taken every few days rather than every day, so that is a factor too. And most importantly, minimize your intake of vegetable oils since they are an unnatural source of omega 6 which competes with omega 3 for entry into the cell. The best thing most people can do to improve their omega 3 status is to cut the omega 6 intake.

I think the issue with fish oil is that many fish oils are rancid or otherwise degraded. I remember seeing a study that said most OTC fish oils were bad but the (much more expensive) prescription one was ok, although I don't find that very trustworthy. I think fish should be the first choice and I try to have salmon or sardines several times per week, and I also use both krill oil and the Primal brand of fish oil. Apparently lecithin helps absorption so I take that as well. Carl Lanore of superhumanradio.net often cites a study that showed that fish or krill oil is better retained in the body if it is taken every few days rather than every day, so that is a factor too. And most importantly, minimize your intake of vegetable oils since they are an unnatural source of omega 6 which competes with omega 3 for entry into the cell. The best thing most people can do to improve their omega 3 status is to cut the omega 6 intake.
Thanks man, My only exposure to oils is olive oil.

I use it in my daily spinash salad with apple cider vinegar and to keep my fry pan from sticking.
Since I've been attempting to clean up my diet, no Burger King, Wendys or McD, My evening meal is either steak pan fried in olive oil or chicken breasts/strips pan fried in olive oil. For a little variety I change up the sides or just À la carte

Nordic Naturals Omega-3, I take 4 teaspoons daily.

Astaxanthin: The Most Important Carotenoid for Healthy Eyes (No, it's Not Carrots)

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/...xanthin-the-worlds-strongest-antioxidant.aspx

Yes that's the stuff. You choke down 4 tsp? oh my. I only have to take 2 (1250mg/tsp) no way can I just swallow this stuff. I've been making cinnamon toast. The fish oil is the sub for butter.
My current supplement load sans TRT(AI, hcg) and Gene's NO stack.

Blackhawk

https://labdoor.com/rankings/fish-oil I don't know if this website has conflicts of interest in terms of reviews.

I found Vitamin shoppe 1100mg fish oil through these reviews, it is relatively cheap when on sale, and I have never had any rancidity issues. I find it easy to check for, just cut one open every now and then ... They should smell fishy but not rotten/rancid. I have never had one that smelled rank for this product.

I have not tried krill oil, already spend too much $$ for supplements!

Also eat a couple - 3 servings of fish weekly.

Re: cooking with olive oil... controversial info about heating the stuff, sat fats seem better for cooking. I used to cook with olive oil pretty much daily and ended up with a stent. Whether heated olive oil contributed I don't know. I did eat a lot of products with seed oils like tortilla chips as well and was a pretty high carb guy before that. After reading up, I completely abandoned all Omega 6 oils and only eat olive oil raw. I use grass fed butter and coconut oils for cooking. Now also consume more fat relative to carbs. Effects, I don't really know, hasn't really done much to lipid profile, but I tend to have more even energy through the day with less carb/more fat. YMMV

Vince

Super Moderator
Yes that's the stuff. You choke down 4 tsp? oh my. I only have to take 2 (1250mg/tsp) no way can I just swallow this stuff. I've been making cinnamon toast. The fish oil is the sub for butter.
My current supplement load sans TRT(AI, hcg) and Gene's NO stack.

I guess we all have different types of taste buds, I actually enjoy the taste.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me