How do you know if 650, 800, or 1000 Total Testosterone is best for you?

Buy Lab Tests Online

BradWI

Since starting TRT Jan 2017 I've gone from 283 (Dec) -> 563 (Mar) -> 645 (Oct) on a 250-1100 range. No change in protocol after my October meeting. Without changing protocol on your own, how would you know if 750 trough is where you feel good most days? Or maybe 925 is where you feel that. Perhaps 650 - 1000 all feels the same? Do you just discuss a small dosage increase in your next consultation?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Since starting TRT Jan 2017 I've gone from 283 (Dec) -> 563 (Mar) -> 645 (Oct) on a 250-1100 range. No change in protocol after my October meeting. Without changing protocol on your own, how would you know if 750 trough is where you feel good most days? Or maybe 925 is where you feel that. Perhaps 650 - 1000 all feels the same? Do you just discuss a small dosage increase in your next consultation?

Are you having symptoms that aren't resolved or are you playing the numbers game and concerned that your numbers aren't high enough?

most docs that know what they are doing aim for 1/3 upper end of range as far as I know.. above the range things can get dangerous but I heard dr. Crisler said he tried bring levels above the range for PFS sufferers as their situation is a bit different.. some don't feel good on upper end of range and do better in the middle.. your doc should always start slow and adjust based on the response and symptoms imo. because if you start too high you might get a bit resistant to lower levels and not feel that much of androgenic action if your system is spoiled

Vince

Super Moderator
I've read your levels as a young man are probably best, only thing is how do you know what your levels were at a young age. Unless you had them tested. I like mine at 1000.

subscribing
This really is a good question Brad.
I hope my doctor/clinic will allow me to try each lvl, keeping the other harmones in check of course. I believe that is the only way to know what works for you.

captain

You get total T to a level that you get results but are limited by hematocrit and hemoglobin. Hematocrit to 55 and you reduce T or stop till you are under 55. Dr. Crisler has said this may not be the case but I haven't heard of anyone saying they been told it's ok to have Hematocrit over 55.

BradWI

Are you having symptoms that aren't resolved or are you playing the numbers game and concerned that your numbers aren't high enough?

Right now, I'd say I peak at 8-9/10 on how I feel on some days but that's definitely not every day. I'm just wondering if 850 trough levels are what gets me to 10/10 feelings on most days or if it's a different hormone altogether affecting daily feels levels.

In other words, if every day was a 10/10 I wouldn't be asking the question.

Right now, I'd say I peak at 8-9/10 on how I feel on some days but that's definitely not every day. I'm just wondering if 850 trough levels are what gets me to 10/10 feelings on most days or if it's a different hormone altogether affecting daily feels levels.

Yeah that's not going to happen. TRT is to achieve normalcy, which it sounds like you have. It's normal to feel different on different days, it is not normal to feel 10/10 everyday.

madman

Super Moderator

Whether ones testosterone levels need to be mid/normal or high normal with other hormones in check of course to achieve relief of low t symptoms ones testosterone levels are only part of the overall picture of how one feels daily. Hardly doubt anyone is going to feel like superman every day solely due to what range ones test levels are at! Testosterone is not the end all be all.

Murderface

I'm 52, very healthy, thin and muscular, and my T was 127.
My doc inserted 22 Testopel pellets in me. Peak was 1492, a bit intense.
No bad side effects, blood normal throughout (My doc tests every month) outside of some minor cholesterol elevation. Hormones, Hemo, E2, and PSA all well below midrange.

My "really feel great operating zone" is ~1000, Estradiol ~30, about a month and 1/2 in. Felt amazing, working out 4 days a week and starting to rip my body out. I did lose 45 pounds prior to starting TRT (232 down to 188, 6'2") wanted to get wiry thin and build muscle. I've put on 3 pounds of muscle in 2 months, going for thin muscular build, not bulky. Doing 45 minute intense workouts.

I'm coming up on 3 months from my first insertion, and my last bloodtest was free T ~800, Estradiol ~13, and I'm starting to feel a bit of a slowdown. Honestly, at 1400, I was way too horned up, but felt great.
Gonna have him knock down next insert to 18 - 19.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me