B 12 Shots?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Anyone have any experience with injectable Vitamin B12? It appears to be relatively inexpensive and convient, at least to someone already used to IM injections.

Anyone tried them, and if so what are your experiences?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
We know vitamin B12 shots is used to treat low levels of this vitamin, helps your body use fat and carbohydrates for energy and make new protein. Personally I like Jarrow Methyl B-12, I have a thread you may like to read.

High Viamin B12
It's been a long time since I had my B12 tested. I supplement with Jarrow Methyl B-12 5000mcg lozenges. When I wake up in the morning, I just chew one up and don't really think about it. My levels are very high 1773 pg/mL range 221-700 pg/mL​

https://www.excelmale.com/forum/showthread.php?10377-High-Viamin-B12

We know vitamin B12 shots is used to treat low levels of this vitamin, helps your body use fat and carbohydrates for energy and make new protein. Personally I like Jarrow Methyl B-12, I have a thread you may like to read.

High Viamin B12
It's been a long time since I had my B12 tested. I supplement with Jarrow Methyl B-12 5000mcg lozenges. When I wake up in the morning, I just chew one up and don't really think about it. My levels are very high 1773 pg/mL range 221-700 pg/mL​

https://www.excelmale.com/forum/showthread.php?10377-High-Viamin-B12

So there's nothing magical about the shot as opposed to the lozenges?

What do you notice about elevated b12 that is beneficial?

Last edited:

Vince

Super Moderator
So there's nothing magical about the shot as opposed to the lozenges?

What do you notice about el bated b12 that is beneficial?
If for some reason someone can't absorb vitamin B-12, then there would be a use for the shots. Everyone I know can absorb B-12 and don't need the shots.

madman

Super Moderator
Anyone have any experience with injectable Vitamin B12? It appears to be relatively inexpensive and convient, at least to someone already used to IM injections.

Anyone tried them, and if so what are your experiences?

Shots are only needed in cases where the individual has absorption issues due to various factors. If one is consuming sources of animal protein from beef/poultry/fish/dairy/whole eggs daily than a supplement is not needed as excess b12 does not have any benefits and even though the b-vitamins are water soluble and can be taken in higher amounts without causing toxicity as oppose to the fat soluble vitamins-A,D,E,K ones liver still has to metabolize/excrete any excess. When it comes to vitamin/mineral supplements it is more common than not for people to consume in excess of what is really needed they are classified as MICRONUTRIENTS for a reason.

ratbag

Micronutirents are not easy to follow. I had my B-12 tested by my PCP at the hospital and the results were:

478 (140-700) pmol/L PCP Hospital labs

I've been having trouble with hypothyroid symptoms and although my RT3 was good I decided to get the micronutrient testing done by SpectraCell Laboratories to verify and see if anything else was questionable. This is Spectracell's overview of their test proceedure:

OVERVIEW OF TEST PROCEDURE
1. A mixture of lymphocytes is isolated from the blood.
2. These cells are grown in a defined culture medium containing optimal levels of all essential.
nutrients necessary to sustain their growth in cell culture.
3. The T-lymphocytes are stimulated to grow with a mitogen (phytohemagglutinin) and growth is
measured by the incorporation of tritiated (radioactive) thymidine into the DNA of the cells.
The growth response under optimal conditions is defined as 100%, and all other growth rates are
compared to this 100% level of growth.
For example – we remove vitamin B6 from the medium and stimulate the cells to grow by mitogen
stimulation. Growth is measured by DNA synthesis and the rate of growth is dependent only upon the
functional level of vitamin B6 available within the cells to support growth. For Vitamin B6 a growth rate of
at least 55% of the growth rate observed in the optimal (100%) media is considered normal. Results less
than 55% are considered to indicate a functional deficiency for Vitamin B6. Each nutrient has a different
reference range that was established by assaying thousands of apparently healthy individuals.
BREAKING DOWN THE REPORT
1. TEST RESULT (% CONTROL)
This column represents the patient’s growth response in the test media measured by DNA
synthesis as compared to the optimal growth observed in the 100% media.
2. FUNCTIONAL ABNORMALS
An interpretation is provided for those nutrients found to be deficient.
3. REFERENCE RANGE
This column represents how this patient’s result compares to thousands of patients previously
tested. A patient’s result is considered deficient when it is less than the reference
range.

My results are:
B-12, 16 (borderline) Reference Range (greater than) >14%
Pantothenate, 10 (borderline) Reference Range (greater than) >7%
Vitamin, K2 34 (borderline) Reference Range (greater than) >30%
Manganese, 56 (borderline) Reference Range (greater than) >50%
Fructose Sensitivity, 36 (borderline) Reference Range (greater than) >34%
Biotin 34, (deficient) Reference Range (greater than) >34%

Ironically the hospital labs were above 50% in range, yet the Spectracell labs claimed I was borderline.

I haven't noticed any difference taking more B12 then previously.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me