High hemoglobin? - Realistic Levels?

Buy Lab Tests Online

DrPhibes

I've been on TRT for about 8 months. My initial level was 230 or so, and I felt terrible. 37 years old.

My doctor prescribed 100mg weekly, and my testosterone went up to around 600. No problems and I felt better.

I then started using 200mg weekly, and felt even better. Everything was OK for a month or two, but then my hemoglobin increased.

The highest it has been was 18.1. My doctor suggested donating blood, and setup an appointment with a hematologist. He said I shouldn't be terribly concerned unless it 18 - 19 all the time, and to just give blood every now and then.

The hematologist had me go back to 100mg weekly, and took a unit of blood every week.

My hemoglobin then went down to 15 - 16.

The last time I went, it was 16.1 and they insisted on taking blood. I let them, but told them I wasn't coming back for a month because it's too much hassle. Weekly visits seems excessive to me.

About 35 days later, I go back to the hematologist and my hemoglobin is 17.1.

The hematologist literally tells me that I will be having a stroke soon, and they take more blood. This was two weeks ago.

I didn't take any testosterone the week afterwards, and felt terrible the following week.

I took 100mg earlier tonight hoping to a least feel better.

I'm not sure what to do. My primary doctor who initially suggested TRT doesn't seem very concerned, but the hematologist tells me that I will be dying soon. Giving blood every week simply isn't an option.

I feel much better on testosterone, and would hate to have to stop taking it. There has to be a happy medium.

This is super frustrating, and is just making things more stressful.

I feel like my only option is to stop taking it all together, and feel like garbage again.

Anyone else have this problem? I have no clue what to do. I'll be setting up another appointment with my primary doctor to get his input as well.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

buggies100

If you do amsearch on here you will find alot of discussion re hct/hgb. Some guys can stay under 16 no problem others,including myself, struggle. Mine typically ran 18 for several years, it climbed to over 20 at one point. That was bad and i was short of breath and was probably on edge of stroke!! That was 200mg ecery two weeks. I went to every 3 1/2 days and a smaller dose. This did not cause such a spike in T which in turn did not cause such a spike in red blood cells, hgb. My total test runs 550 give or take and i feel great.
It would be helpful if you posted you actual labs, a screen shot works.
For what it is worth i saw two hematologists and both looked at all my labs and tests and felt staying at 17-18 was fine. Red blood cells are only one portion of your blood, so all else needs to be looked at.
Donating is a management tool, but as often as you were goimg your iron will tank. Some guy shere say thatbis as bad as low T.
Maybe a different opinion from another hematologist is in order

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching