Sleep on TRT?

Buy Lab Tests Online

RLW

For as long as I can remember I have slept pretty good. For years I have been going to sleep around 10pm and wake up around 5:30 am. I have been on TRT for 4 months now and for the last 2 months I have been waking up earlier around 4:30. At first I was thinking maybe I had to urinate earlier as I am getting older but thinking about it, I don't always even get up to go as its not bad at all. Some of the time I go back to sleep but not always. I feel good during the day and even though I am not getting as much sleep I don't take naps like I used to. Is it possible I simply don't need as much sleep as I was getting or should I be looking at something else?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

James

Sleep quality can be casued by so many things. I had terrible insomnia when stating TRT. I had so much energy all the time. Once I'd fall asleep, I'd wake up a couple hours later wide awake. I too don't nap. Cortisol & thyroid were both fine. It was the norm for me to get 5 hours of sleep each night. Probably for a couple years. Started taking low dose Melatonin (.5mg) and that really helps. What is your TRT dose?

Systemlord

As amazing as it sounds my sleep hasn't improved dramatically yet since starting TRT almost 7 months ago, I think it has more to do with my 28 years Klonopin use, my body hasn't undone the damage Klonopin has done to me. My GABA isn't expected to return to normal until 18 months after my last dose. I'm getting more tired at night though with lots of yawning and sometimes falling asleep for a short time during the day. Everythings else has improved far better, sleep and erections will be the last to improve for me it seems. Perhaps that why my erections are taking so long, sleep.

Pauly_P

I find that I don't sleep as well either since starting TRT. I sleep fine, just not very long. Six hours is the most I can muster. I tried Melatonin, it works, but them I'm sleepy all the next day. I should cut the dose in down perhaps.

Gamnc

I am also a man who sleeps about 5 hours a night. Many nights will get only 3 hours and am wide awake. It has been that way all my adult life and now on TRT it might have gotten better. I do find if I hit the hot tub prior to going to bed I will sleep better. I have to wonder if some of us are just programmed to sleep less.

For as long as I can remember I have slept pretty good. For years I have been going to sleep around 10pm and wake up around 5:30 am. I have been on TRT for 4 months now and for the last 2 months I have been waking up earlier around 4:30. At first I was thinking maybe I had to urinate earlier as I am getting older but thinking about it, I don't always even get up to go as its not bad at all. Some of the time I go back to sleep but not always. I feel good during the day and even though I am not getting as much sleep I don't take naps like I used to. Is it possible I simply don't need as much sleep as I was getting or should I be looking at something else?

Hi RLW,
Have you done any reaserch on Circadian rhythms?
It can have an impact on many bodily functions, and testosterone levels are no exception.

Normally or should I say naturally, your T lvl is highest in the morning, usually at about 8 a.m. A man's testosterone levels then decline throughout the rest of the day, reaching a low point before bedtime the theory being that you don't need testosterone while asleep.

RLW

Hi RLW,
Have you done any reaserch on Circadian rhythms?
It can have an impact on many bodily functions, and testosterone levels are no exception.

Normally or should I say naturally, your T lvl is highest in the morning, usually at about 8 a.m. A man's testosterone levels then decline throughout the rest of the day, reaching a low point before bedtime the theory being that you don't need testosterone while asleep.

I haven't researched Circadian Rhythms. I really have always slept pretty well. My wife claims when I lay down its a toss up for what comes first. My head hitting the pillow or me sleeping. And once I'm out, it would take an act of god to wake me before morning. I just find it odd that I'm waking earlier now on TRT where others are saying they sleep better. I imagine it could be that I'm sleeping better and so need a little less total hours. Either way I feel good. Could be I'm thinking about sleeping a certain number of hours which may be unnecessary.

lexer

RLW
how old are you?
did your doc ever say you had a slightly enlarged or enlarged prostate?
how many times do you wake up to urinate?
is your urine flow strong or a bit on the weak side?

RLW

RLW
how old are you?
did your doc ever say you had a slightly enlarged or enlarged prostate?
how many times do you wake up to urinate?
is your urine flow strong or a bit on the weak side?

I'm 39. No prostate issues that I know of. I don't get up during the night to urinate. Flow seems good.

I haven't researched Circadian Rhythms. I really have always slept pretty well. My wife claims when I lay down its a toss up for what comes first. My head hitting the pillow or me sleeping. And once I'm out, it would take an act of god to wake me before morning. I just find it odd that I'm waking earlier now on TRT where others are saying they sleep better. I imagine it could be that I'm sleeping better and so need a little less total hours. Either way I feel good. Could be I'm thinking about sleeping a certain number of hours which may be unnecessary.

It might be totally normal for you. They do say we recover faster with higher T. I have always slept well until last year. I have no clue why or what caused it.
I am guessing BPH. It really hasn't improved much since I;ve been on TRT (10months) however my first 8 was with a bad doctor who had no idea what he was doing.

James

I took 5 grams a couple of times, that was too much due to my sleepiness the next day. Last night I took 2.5, seemed to do okay.

I did the same thing, took 5 mg two nights, then cut it twice...down to 1.25 mg. I'll take that or .625 mg with good results.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me